How many weeks are the Haters going to be here

Northhawk

Reaction score
Been lurking on this board a long time. Rarely post.

I hated the hiring of Pete Carroll. Thought he'd be a flop and a blip in the team's history - 1 maybe 2 seasons and done. I was wrong and have come to have nothing but respect for Carroll. Yes, he hung on to the LOB a bit long, but they were a special unit.

At the beginning of this season, I couldn't see how they'd get more than 6 wins. Carroll and the team have done a masterful job. I was torn on this game because they were unlikely to win a SB. If not, then I'm happy with a one and done in the playoffs.

One thing that may have been a hurdle in past post-SB playoff years was the fact that we had less time to prep for the next post season and reload. Last season we had that and look at the results. A deep playoff run might have prevented us from doing that this off-season. They now have lots of time to prep and reload.

The only reasons why I say I was torn over winning/losing Saturday's game was that u never want to lose and I never, ever want to lose to JJ and the cowgirls.

That said I'm over it. And I have nothing but high expectations for the team next season. SB baby or, at the very least, NFC champ game!

So let the haters and critics second guess. We had a good run this year - nuf said.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Here's a hot take. We lost because 12's didn't spend the cash to overtake ATT stadium and turn it into a home game. If you want to throw blame at folks, you should always start with yourself. If you weren't in Arlington screaming for your defense, you have a role in the loss as well.

What right do you have to lay blame on any Seahawk coach or player if you were watching he game from your couch for free?

We lost and there are dozens of reasons for it. But throwing players and coaches under the bus is lame.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of the things I was looking forward to most at the beginning of this year (2019) was PMing SI to tell him I was wrong.

All we needed was a wildcard win.

I was so upset about a castoff, multiple failure, OC being brought in from a legacy that literally is the example for how to squander playoff opportunities. I wanted us to leverage the offensive weapons we had and try to do what the Steelers did (in converting from a defensive focused team to an offensive one).

That said, the games were not garbage this year. They were entertaining. The offense was good. Wilson finally had a line AND a run game. But that run game masked a very pedestrian defense. (Which might have also been the result of hiring a fairly pedestrian DC).

All we needed to do was get Wilson to the playoffs. And it happened.

Baldwin was looking more healthy. Lockett was tremendous this year. Finally, Wilson was starting to use our TE from Carolina - and this would have been a perfect opportunity to use Wilson in having him keep the ball on those read options (if you don't use your QB on the read option in the playoffs for fear of injury then what are you saving him for?? You have the entire offseason for him to heal up)

And we went right into 'Marty Ball'. That garbage ground game that every Chiefs fan knows and hates (or Chargers or ....). WE DID NOT HAVE THE DEFENSE TO SUPPORT THIS. (I would contend the very reason for this strategy in the regular season was to mask how pedestrian our defense was in the first place)

We had a tremendously pedestrian defense with a tremendously pedestrian DC and for some reason the game plan was expect to hold the other playoff team (who won their division) down with our pedestrian defense.

So what good is being a 10 win team if you play like a 6 win team? Last year we missed the playoffs. The years before we made the wildcard and at least won that.

If Pete had put lipstick on a pig and somehow made this team look better than it was? That would be understandable. But I think Wilson had shown he can win shootouts and he can win games if you give him that opportunity in the playoffs. We never did that until it was too late. We stopped even trying after we got the lead and it was only a timely int that let us continue our idiotic strategy of trying to keep the game close while knowing we had no kicker.

Fans have every right to be frustrated. It wasn't that we didn't have the weapons. We just chose not to use them.

Slick

Reaction score
Did we lose? What happened? I can't find the Seahawks on the schedule next week.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1i236gqb said:
One of the things I was looking forward to most at the beginning of this year (2019) was PMing SI to tell him I was wrong.

All we needed was a wildcard win.

I was so upset about a castoff, multiple failure, OC being brought in from a legacy that literally is the example for how to squander playoff opportunities. I wanted us to leverage the offensive weapons we had and try to do what the Steelers did (in converting from a defensive focused team to an offensive one).

That said, the games were not garbage this year. They were entertaining. The offense was good. Wilson finally had a line AND a run game. But that run game masked a very pedestrian defense. (Which might have also been the result of hiring a fairly pedestrian DC).

All we needed to do was get Wilson to the playoffs. And it happened.

Baldwin was looking more healthy. Lockett was tremendous this year. Finally, Wilson was starting to use our TE from Carolina - and this would have been a perfect opportunity to use Wilson in having him keep the ball on those read options (if you don't use your QB on the read option in the playoffs for fear of injury then what are you saving him for?? You have the entire offseason for him to heal up)

And we went right into 'Marty Ball'. That garbage ground game that every Chiefs fan knows and hates (or Chargers or ....). WE DID NOT HAVE THE DEFENSE TO SUPPORT THIS. (I would contend the very reason for this strategy in the regular season was to mask how pedestrian our defense was in the first place)

We had a tremendously pedestrian defense with a tremendously pedestrian DC and for some reason the game plan was expect to hold the other playoff team (who won their division) down with our pedestrian defense.

So what good is being a 10 win team if you play like a 6 win team? Last year we missed the playoffs. The years before we made the wildcard and at least won that.

If Pete had put lipstick on a pig and somehow made this team look better than it was? That would be understandable. But I think Wilson had shown he can win shootouts and he can win games if you give him that opportunity in the playoffs. We never did that until it was too late. We stopped even trying after we got the lead and it was only a timely int that let us continue our idiotic strategy of trying to keep the game close while knowing we had no kicker.

Fans have every right to be frustrated. It wasn't that we didn't have the weapons. We just chose not to use them.

Thats where im at as well..

It was just so infuriating of a game

Smellyman

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":20cbpel1 said:
I was so upset about a castoff, multiple failure, OC being brought in from a legacy that literally is the example for how to squander playoff opportunities

Boom.

and exactly.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I would like to change my answer. I originally said March as with the madness and all that it may diminish the situation. It seems that there are more questions than I expected that need to be rehashed over and over again using one different term in the same question. I wonder if some have ADD or some such there of.

My adjusted outlook for expected diminishment of the haters is now at approximately the day before draft day. The Sunday after draft day will be back to being filled with why did they pick that guy and not my guy? WTF are they doing. Yall know the rest. I could regurgitate threads from this page that are being rehashed again...But WHY waste the effort. Oh...football game is on....I think I shall go cut up some more wood.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":62ao2kqq said:
Here's a hot take. We lost because 12's didn't spend the cash to overtake ATT stadium and turn it into a home game. If you want to throw blame at folks, you should always start with yourself. If you weren't in Arlington screaming for your defense, you have a role in the loss as well.

What right do you have to lay blame on any Seahawk coach or player if you were watching he game from your couch for free?

We lost and there are dozens of reasons for it. But throwing players and coaches under the bus is lame.

Here's an even hotter take...home field advantage only matters if you have a good football team. You're right, the Hawks lost and there are dozens of reasons for it and the amount of Seahawk fans in the stands isn't one of them.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
TreeRon":2tav1ifq said:
Since I'm over 7 score old, I remember "Martyball". ."

TreeRon, that is really really, REALLY old, unless this is in dog years. Or you are actually a tree! Ron.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2u34noig said:
TreeRon":2u34noig said:

TreeRon, that is really really, REALLY old, unless this is in dog years. Or you are actually a tree! Ron.

A score is 20 years. Are you seriously over 140?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":pb4wjneo said:
Palmegranite":pb4wjneo said:
TreeRon":pb4wjneo said:

All I know is Abe Lincoln’s gameplan and play calling would have torched *allas’ secondary. 8) :sarcasm_off:

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":jpib4of0 said:

Why even have or participate in a discussion board with this attitude? :roll:

TreeRon

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":35i1h487 said:
Palmegranite":35i1h487 said:
TreeRon":35i1h487 said:

Yes I am but I look much younger (a 71 year old to be exact). I do however, have a painting in my attic of myself, painted in 1920 that is kinda scary.
(For those that don't get it see Dorian Grey)

Mad Dog

Reaction score
misfit":39wbnbww said:
Not everyone who criticizes shotty or Pete is a "hater". The coaching staff is not without blame

Laying blame is what haters do. We were an overachiever all year. Then we lose a playoff game against a team playing great defense in their house and we need to "blame" someone. Maybe sometimes you are the worse team. Haters always think there's an easy answer to every difficult situation and anyone that doesn't find it must be a buffoon.

Criticism is not hating but blame culture is the hater's way to hide in plain sight.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1jvxv19a said:
Mad Dog":1jvxv19a said:

Because there is nothing wrong with discussion. Blaming people isn't discussion or at all reasonable. Reasoned discussions have far more nuance than "so and so blew it therefore we lost".

I know I'm probably banging my head against the wall but if you don't try to change people's way of thinking what good are forums. Supporting reason and fairness is probably the best thing I can do on a forum.

Seymour

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1gttkcoh said:
Seymour":1gttkcoh said:
Mad Dog":1gttkcoh said:

Because there is nothing wrong with discussion. Blaming people isn't discussion or at all reasonable. Reasoned discussions have far more nuance than "so and so blew it therefore we lost".

I know I'm probably banging my head against the wall but if you don't try to change people's way of thinking what good are forums. Supporting reason and fairness is probably the best thing I can do on a forum.

You are not in control of anyone's thoughts or emotions other than yours. You also completely contradicted yourself from your earlier statement.... "If you want to throw blame at folks, you should always start with yourself." You sir are throwing blame at others then you attempt to change them. That is why you are banging your head against the wall.

Sorry you have not learned that yet.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":1ygcx11j said:
Mad Dog":1ygcx11j said:
Seymour":1ygcx11j said:
Mad Dog":1ygcx11j said:

You are not in control of anyone's thoughts or emotions other than yours. You also completely contradicted yourself from your earlier statement.... "If you want to throw blame at folks, you should always start with yourself." You sir are throwing blame at others then you attempt to change them. That is why you are banging your head against the wall.

Sorry you have not learned that yet.

Well admittedly The "blaming yourself" post was a bit facetious as I don't really expect fans to all invade other stadiums. It's trying to point out the futility of throwing blame for bad outcomes at individuals.

And yes you can change how people think about things. But they have to be open minded (hence the origin of the term). Close minded folks will remain so. But I always hope there are open minded folks on forums willing to look fresh at new ideas and thoughts and develop some circumspection and nuance to their discussions.

John63

Reaction score
The question is what is the definition of a hater?

For instance, I have said good things about Carrol and Schotty, I have also questioned them. I never said I wanted them fired nor do I. Does that make me a hater? apparently to some yes. The interesting thing is those same people also question players all the time, but don't consider themselves a hater. I would say it is in the eye of the beholder and a lot of hypocritical thinking going on.

I think what we did this year was great, and we are on a good trajectory. However that does not mean the players, and coaches have not made mistakes, or have room to grow.

For me, if all you do is criticize, or give backhanded compliments/stabs then you could be consi8derd a hater. If you give them equal credit to criticism than you are not.

Example to say Penny played great but look at the holes had to run through, is not a compliment to Penny it is a backhanded stab at him.

To say Wilson had a great year, thanks to Schotty. Is another backhanded compliment that is really a knock, you are saying Wilson had a great year not because of him by Schotty.

Then there is the few who say there is no bad play cal only bad execution. This meaning the coaches are great it is all on the players. something which is factually untrue. There are bad play calls and design, example calling all go routes on a 3rd and 2. Having no outlet and sending everyone long against a good pass rush.

So I am not a hater nor are mos ton this forum, however, I am going to call out players coaches, and posters when I believe and have facts to support them requiring to be called out.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
OP—I absolutely hate how we lost this game. I blame coach above anyone. I don’t want him fired. I’m not simply happy because we outplayed expectations this season. I have every right to feel this way. Not going anywhere. :179422: