Appears many are bailing

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of our hold overs either don't fit, don't want to be in an unknown situation with the new staff or Mac's reputation of a worker may be taking away the country club environment Pete had here. Just know we have not seen this many guys leave in a long time.

Yes they got big deals and we could not have kept all of them, but on day one seeing this many sign elsewhere is unusual in the last 14 years.

Definitly a different vibe going on at the VMAC.

Scout

Reaction score
Truthfully this makes reshaping the roster easier because you want players that want to buy into the new coaching staff. At this point the Seahawks haven't lost any player in free agency that I would consider vital for roster building.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of our hold overs either don't fit, don't want to be in an unknown situation with the new staff or Mac's reputation of a worker may be taking away the country club environment Pete had here. Just know we have not seen this many guys leave in a long time.

Yes they got big deals and we could not have kept all of them, but on day one seeing this many sign elsewhere is unusual in the last 14 years.

Definitly a different vibe going on at the VMAC.
Wonder what the comp picks will be (if any) - I think we get a 5th for Brooks.

I’d rather not overpay at one or two spots and suffer

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lot of rumblings Pete thought team was close to competing for a SB, leadership (JS too?) didn't. I'm probably in the not actually competing camp. This team looked like a JV squad against elite teams, especially on D. New scheme, new voices, new vision. Lewis got a crazy overpay, TE's are a dime a dozen. I thought Diggs still played well but he's expensive and the Ravens haven't put a huge emphasis on safety position in a long time. Adams is unfortunately likely on his way out of the league with all the injuries.

Excited to see some of the pieces fall into place next couple days. I don't think they're punting this season by any means but I do get the sense they are looking to clean up the books and start the build up towards an actual run. Which means emphasis on strong drafts and young/cheap talent while filling in leadership as needed (like Williams getting a pay day). I hope more of this freed up cap space goes to both lines.

Hawknight

Reaction score
People tend to forget that even with this beginning of free agency, next comes the draft and June 1st cuts to fill the necessary holes/gaps still needed. It's not always necessarily cream of the crop type players, but it won't have to be inflated salary type individuals or bottom of the barrel guys.There's plenty of time ahead to fill in the missing players before the regular season.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
People tend to forget that even with this beginning of free agency, next comes the draft and June 1st cuts to fill the necessary holes/gaps still needed. It's not always necessarily cream of the crop type players, but it won't have to be inflated salary type individuals or bottom of the barrel guys.There's plenty of time ahead to fill in the missing players before the regular season.
Says the team every year …

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
OL is a place where players often go unnoticed unless they are doing a poor job. I've thought for awhile we could/should do better than Lewis. At the same time that is another hole to fill for an already embattled front.
Hated to lose Parkinson as I think he has the makings to be a star, but Fant would have been my keeper too. Prob with TEs in Seattle is a matter of scheme not maximizing use of that position, despite top tier teams making their living via TE production. I'm in hopes Grubb turns that around so Fant can do big things.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
So far - other than Parkinson really - all I see is cuts that needed to be made being made and guys leaving for the money and taking paydays bigger than what they were going to get with the Seahawks.

The business side of this coinciding with a complete coaching purge and change in direction might look like something that it really isn't.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Maybe I am just trying to rationalize it but on the defensive side of the ball I look at it this way. We've lost some big pieces from a defense that ranked near the bottom last year and wasn't ranked much higher the year before. It's a D that our 2 biggest competitors in the division have had no problem beating. Maybe it's time for a complete reset.

Now if don't bring in some guys who give me some hope at LB and safety my panic meter will rise a bit.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe I am just trying to rationalize it but on the defensive side of the ball I look at it this way. We've lost some big pieces from a defense that ranked near the bottom last year and wasn't ranked much higher the year before. It's a D that our 2 biggest competitors in the division have had no problem beating. Maybe it's time for a complete reset.

Now if don't bring in some guys who give me some hope at LB and safety my panic meter will rise a bit.
Given what happened over the last couple of years, bringing in some rookies to fill out the roster doesn't scare me much. 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts