How is "Bandwagon Fans" an insult from opposing fans?

TXHawk

Reaction score
I measure the intelligence of opposing fans by their use of the terms "bandwagoners", "pumped-in noise," and "Adderall" when talking about the Seahawks or their fans. When I see any of those things I know they are lazy, ignorant trolls and not worth my time. The really special idiots manage to fit all three of those things into their inch deep display of knowledge.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Everyone is a bandwagon fan. It's just a question of when they jumped on board.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":10874egh said:
Cool, yet another fan-measuring contest!

Not sure if you can call it "bandwagon" or not, but my daddy used to take the garbage out for Jack Patera's elderly mother. I would tag along just to get my own glass of her homemade sun tea served in an authentic Seattle Seahawks crystal tumbler.

Does that make me a real fan, or just fan by association?

:roll:

BTW: My dad can beat up your dad.

:thfight7:

You touched the Seahawk tumbler, which infected you voraciously with Seahawk fandom. There was nothing you could do after that first touch....you were swept away...just like all other fans...no choice. The rest is history. LOL :shock:

seahawks187

Reaction score
Every fan base that has success and is doing well has bandwagon fans.. every fan base has fairweather fans.. every fan base has casual fans.. every fan base has die hard fans.. etc

Rufus

Reaction score
Mick063":22u33jfc said:
I keep reading stuff like

"half empty Kingdome"

You know who the bandwagon folks are?

The folks that say that.

They are bandwagon NFL fans that don't know NFL history. Any true NFL fan knows that the Kingdome was a raving madhouse long before the current stadium was built.
Exactly. "Half empty Kingdome"?? Please. From Day One the place was sold out and so continuously loud the NFL made an "Excessive Crowd Noise" rule.

"Seahawks fans are all bandwaggoners"? Really? This fanbase... that the team honored for being so awesome by retiring the 12 jersey 30 YEARS AGO??

Mick063":22u33jfc said:
Where do you think "the wave" came from?
Husky Stadium

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Once I hear that term, the person saying it is telling me more about their intelligence level than my loyalty to this team. NEXT!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Rufus":1yiffxlp said:
Mick063":1yiffxlp said:

"half empty Kingdome"

The folks that say that.

They are bandwagon NFL fans that don't know NFL history. Any true NFL fan knows that the Kingdome was a raving madhouse long before the current stadium was built.
Exactly. "Half empty Kingdome"?? Please. From Day One the place was sold out and so continuously loud the NFL made an "Excessive Crowd Noise" rule.

"Seahawks fans are all bandwaggoners"? Really? This fanbase... that the team honored for being so awesome by retiring the 12 jersey 30 YEARS AGO??

Mick063":1yiffxlp said:
Where do you think "the wave" came from?
Husky Stadium

Actually there was a period, I believe just before Holmgren took over and perhaps the first year of Holmy that the Dome did not sell out and there were even a few games blacked out.

Even though I be a bandwagon fairweather fan I know my Hawk history. At least as well as my leaky memory can recall.

SC

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31w8klms said:
People can say what they want, but to assume a fan base that has sold out every game over a decade is bandwagon is corny. But hey, if you know you're a huge fan, you don't need to justify it to anyone.
Yep, and adding to that, they are, or were bandwagon fans that CHOSE to get behind the Panthers, and that's not our fault. :twisted:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12thbrah":j1y9b24x said:
Bandwagon is the "go to" auto respone that every Seahawks hater uses when talking smack. Its stupid thing to say cuz obviously every team that just wins the Super Bowl gets new fans. I read an article recently that the Seahawks since winning the Super Bowl last year had a 27% increase in their fanbase around the country.
Yeah, and ya know?, I don't really see that as a bad thing either.
I do get off the band wagon every once in awhile, but hey, somebody gotta grease the wheels. :thirishdrinkers:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I love it when douchenozzles call me a bandwagon fan and try to quiz me on the Seahawks. As if they would EVER know more about the Seahawks than I do. The last person to do so was younger than the Seahawk T-shirt I was wearing.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Bandwagon and fairweather fans are what drives organizations to try and produce a winning product.

GMJ

Reaction score
I can see why "Bandwagon Fans" could be considered an insult, especially if a team wins their first championship in such a decisive manner. I paid some attention to the Seahawks from a far distance (Western NY) but paid closer attention to the team when I moved to the Pacific NW the season they made it to SB XL.

As much as I like to get my daily fix of reading this site and others, the "my team is better than yours..." back-and-forth trash talking does get tiring and I usually brush it off due to the emotions and the ignorance on the part of opposing fans. Then again, when it comes to anything else other than trash talking (i.e.: destroying public property, violent assaults, etc.), all bets are off.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Mick063":2nnoh3hu said:

"half empty Kingdome"

The folks that say that.

They are bandwagon NFL fans that don't know NFL history. Any true NFL fan knows that the Kingdome was a raving madhouse long before the current stadium was built. Where do you think "the wave" came from?

From this link.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4Rt1vNSpM

Listen to the portion from 4:26 to 4:38 (only 12 seconds of your life)

People just make poo up and it apparently sticks.

I always want people to forget that the Kingdome originated the wave.

chris98251

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2y8mtjzc said:
Mick063":2y8mtjzc said:

"half empty Kingdome"

The folks that say that.

They are bandwagon NFL fans that don't know NFL history. Any true NFL fan knows that the Kingdome was a raving madhouse long before the current stadium was built. Where do you think "the wave" came from?

They didn't, Husky Stadium was the origin point for the Dawgs, it just transferred to the Kingdome, technicality but details.

AVL

Reaction score
As a third season band wagon fan I have a question;

How many losing seasons must I endure before my status is reduced to that of regular fan.

Thanks AVL

Mick063

Reaction score
chris98251":kund51yn said:
MidwestHawker":kund51yn said:
Mick063":kund51yn said:

"half empty Kingdome"

The folks that say that.

They didn't, Husky Stadium was the origin point for the Dawgs, it just transferred to the Kingdome, technicality but details.

To put it in better perspective:

The original NFL venue for the wave was the Kingdome. I knew that it started in Husky Stadium (by some charismatic beer vendor I believe?). So I'll be technically correct and change my original sentence to "Where do you think the wave, in a NFL venue, came from?"

I understand that Husky fans have always been a bit sensitive about giving due credit on this. Regardless, other NFL fans did not embrace doing this, albeit briefly, until a Seahawk playoff game revealed it to a huge audience. Go Cougs!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AVL":3jvbqamm said:

How many losing seasons must I endure before my status is reduced to that of regular fan.

Thanks AVL

12 1/2 seasons, but you can expedite your regular season Thetan count by donating generously to the Sgt. Largent multi-level marketing system.

Mick063

Reaction score
AVL":268yysgy said:

Thanks AVL

The Seahawks were an expansion team my senior year in high school. I remember that new found love affair like yesterday. Jack Patera, Jim Zorn, Sherman Smith, Mike Curtis, trading the chance for Tony Dorsett to draft Steve Niehaus.

I am officially qualified to designate you as a regular fan. You are hereby designated.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Largent80":trm9qg3l said:
Good name for a band.....Bandwagon

Seriously when I was 6 and a beginning drummer, I used to take my drums down the street to my friend's house (beginning guitarist) in my wagon.

All kinds of people are jealous right now because our team is finally relevant, and I could care less what they call me or ask me. I simply say, How is your team doing........ :lol:

Ladies and Gentleman!!!! REO BANDWAGON !!!!??? :|

Latest posts