Old fans like me

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If/When our Hawks lose AZ this Sunday (because apparently KMs play has picked up and so has their run game) and we may have to accept that the Hawks are more likely tied for #4 in the division (forget the NFC).

I swear if we spend the top draft picks to draft more skilled positions vs the line...I will do nothing because it hasn't mattered anyway. But I'm caring less and less. The good thing though is the way this team is running, maybe it truly rebuilds around the same time the Niners window is shutting down.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
See, I DON'T CARE about y'all's constant sniveling & negativities on Pete, ZILCH, NADA, N-O-N-E.

Just FYI this is known as a trauma bond. When you latch onto the good times of the past with someone to remain in denial of who that person is now (or perhaps has been the whole time) that is hurting you now. Think of that woman who sadly keeps returning to her physically abusive husband because every now and then he takes her out on a nice date says all the nice things and buys her flowers (and rocks her in bed). But the following weekend he's back to beating her and she thinks about when they first dated everything was all she could ever dream of, and they just had that fantastic date a week prior. The beating was just him mad because he had a bad day at work..you try to tell her she needs to get away from him as a good friend and she's mad at you because you're the one who doesn't see the good she sees in him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yep, TRYING to get through yours & a FEW OTHERS THICK SKULLS....Rolly Eyes^^^^Not my fault y'all ain't graspin'.

We grasped it a decade ago. The first and last time it'll ever happen with Pete.

eo620

Reaction score
I'm 73 and have followed the Hawks since 1976 . I saw them go to 3 Super Bowls , winning one of them . I'm starting to come to the realization that I may never see the Hawks in a SB game again . I'm guessing that there are many " ancient " Hawk fans thinking the same thing . Oh well... :)

I'll be 65 this year. I've been a fan since '83. I'm from NYC and still a Hawks fan. I've seen a lot of REALLY bad and a lot of good! I'm most concerned about putting out a FULL team. No more RW bs. No more Jamal Adams crap potentially poisoning the rest of the team (i.e, Woolen). I just want this team to play football and quiet the rest of the BS. From there we can be great again! There are a lot of pieces already in place for this team to be better than what they have already shown.

A tall order, I know.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Just FYI this is known as a trauma bond. When you latch onto the good times of the past with someone to remain in denial of who that person is now (or perhaps has been the whole time) that is hurting you now. Think of that woman who sadly keeps returning to her physically abusive husband because every now and then he takes her out on a nice date says all the nice things and buys her flowers (and rocks her in bed). But the following weekend he's back to beating her and she thinks about when they first dated everything was all she could ever dream of, and they just had that fantastic date a week prior. The beating was just him mad because he had a bad day at work..you try to tell her she needs to get away from him as a good friend and she's mad at you because you're the one who doesn't see the good she sees in him.
FYI, Your assessment of my Fandom is bullsh*t...Wife Beating??WTF???
Because I won't throw in with a bunch of QUITTERS Like y'all, and call Pete Carroll a bum?????? GTFOOH!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
FYI, Your assessment of my Fandom is bullsh*t...Wife Beating??WTF???
Because I won't throw in with a bunch of QUITTERS Like y'all, and call Pete Carroll a bum?????? GTFOOH!
You just proved my response right. The complete denial you’re in and convincing yourself that everyone else is just a quitter while you close your eyes, plugging your ears with you fingers screaming lalalalala I’m not listening. The day you realize that he’s not it…when he’s forced out after another losing season…no one is gonna tell you I told you so..they’re just gonna be sad you followed blindly for so long and needed to see for yourself.

-Pete-

Reaction score
I'm just gonna hang out over here in my rumpled Zorn jersey with the survivors of the '92 season when the big 'Hawks board was on prosportstalk.com or some BBS site that I was cruising with my state-of-art 28.8 modem and CompuServe account or whatever the hell it was and clutching collective pearls over the injustice of Kelly Stouffer and Chico Fraley not leading us to the Promised Land. Oh, what might have been had we re-signed Dave. I mean, we had Brian Blades and John L and... did I mention Brian Blades?

Having an Irished-up coffee and shaking my head at people melting down over a 9-8 season.

Get off my lawn.