Displaced Fans

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Having recently moved to Astoria, OR I am no longer in Western Washington where I had easy access to the local sports shows like King 5/Paul Silvi's 5th Quarter every Sunday night after the SNF game, or Aaron Levine and Fox 13 and his shows, etc... Of course all I get now understandably are the local news broadcasts. Although they do talk about the Seahawks, it's heavy on Trailblazers, Ducks and Beavers. Eeesh.

Any displaced diehard savants who might have a magic solution to somehow still get the local Seattle broadcasts (KOMO/KING/FOX 13)?

I am using Apple TV 4K via Spectrum, fyi.

Any insight would be extremely welcomed!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You could try using a VPN on whatever device you're streaming channels. Not sure how Apple TV works, though, or if they block VPN IP addesses.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ll check that out thanks Fender.

Dvl Dug, not so much.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Are you too far away to receive over-the-air TV signals? Depending on your precise location and the quality of your antenna, you might be able to pick up the Seattle area stations. It's worth checking out.

I currently have Fubo TV as my TV provider. Although I don't get the Seattle network stations, I do get Root Sports, ESPN, NFL Network, Red Zone, FS1, et al. It's the best sports streaming service out there.

Last edited:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
92.3 KGON radio station plays the Raible broadcast at game time.

Not sure what kind of reception you'll get at the coast.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Astoria is a beautiful little town and you already probably know about all the restaurants and distilleries and port bars
Enjoy it and figure out how to watch seahawk home and away games asap
I can record it on my phone and either live stream it to you ya or send you a video file
Just kiddin , yer screwed lol
Good luck an for a while you might want to find out what places will be watching the game at whatever bars there are as I'm sure there are quite a few
Good luck n go hawks

flv2

Reaction score
Select a Seattle IP with your VPN, clear your DNS cache, then use the appropriate Seattle or FOX/Foxsports websites. (For FOX/Foxsports you'll have to switch off uBlock but you can still use Ghostery or Ad Block Plus).

I will be watching the Rams @ Browns game on Foxsports dot com using a Los Angeles IP address. Then I will watch the Seahawks @ 49ers game on Foxsports dot com using a Seattle IP address.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Astoria is a beautiful little town and you already probably know about all the restaurants and distilleries and port bars
Enjoy it and figure out how to watch seahawk home and away games asap
I can record it on my phone and either live stream it to you ya or send you a video file
Just kiddin , yer screwed lol
Good luck an for a while you might want to find out what places will be watching the game at whatever bars there are as I'm sure there are quite a few
Good luck n go hawks

I think you misunderstood. I get the games just fine. What I miss is the local sports shows that don’t air here. I love Paul Silvi’s 5th Quarter show after the SNF games, I miss Aaron Levine on Fox 13. My local channels here do not cover those Seattle stations.

VPNs may allow me to watch regional shows but based on my research I don’t think they would cover those local broadcasts in Western Washington.

I just miss my old pre and post game shows from KOMO/KING/FOX 13.

I just get the Portland affiliates here. But the games I can watch just fine.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Select a Seattle IP with your VPN, clear your DNS cache, then use the appropriate Seattle or FOX/Foxsports websites. (For FOX/Foxsports you'll have to switch off uBlock but you can still use Ghostery or Ad Block Plus).

I will be watching the Rams @ Browns game on Foxsports dot com using a Los Angeles IP address. Then I will watch the Seahawks @ 49ers game on Foxsports dot com using a Seattle IP address.

Brother I can’t thank you enough for the information but apparently you mistake me for someone who didn’t just let all that go right over his middle-aged head. 😂

flv2

Reaction score
Brother I can’t thank you enough for the information but apparently you mistake me for someone who didn’t just let all that go right over his middle-aged head. 😂
You can get a free VPN from ProtonVPN. This version will give you IP addresses in the USA, Japan, and the Netherlands. They only have 1 free Seattle IP address on there which is the last free USA address (829050). Otherwise buy a decent VPN package. They cost $25-60, (depending on quality), for a year and Seattle is a primary location. Fox gives everyone with a US IP 1 hour free on their website, which renews after 1 hour off. However, if you clear the DNS cache, (easy), the free hour will immediately reset. Clear DNS instructions here:

https://www.seahawks.net/posts/2802005/

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you! So do you think doing this would allow me to access and record those local Seattle stations/shows?

flv2

Reaction score
Thank you! So do you think doing this would allow me to access and record those local Seattle stations/shows?
You should be able to access whatever is on FOX in Seattle. I don't know if radio stations have an online site or whether you can access them in this way. ABC, NBC, and ESPN, also require you to give your tv provider details so I can't access their content using this method from the UK. It's worth having a look to see which Seattle media sites you can access. Podcasts for example normally don't have location restrictions. I rarely listen to radio so i'm not the person to ask.

I would guess you would be able to view Seahawks discussions both pre and post game on whatever the Seattle FOX number is. If you have a VPN give it a try,

bigskydoc

Reaction score
To do what you want to do you’re going to need to do two things.

1 - subscribe, or otherwise access, a service that streams local TV stations as part of its package. (Fubo, Hulu, YouTube). When you boot up the app, it will look for your physical location, and give you access to the TV stations with broadcast rights in that area.

2 - use a VPN to make it appear that you are physically located in Seattle whenever you want to watch Seattle local stations. This is called spoofing your location (if you want to Google for more info).

Apple TV doesn’t have native VPN ability, but has recently opened up the OS a bit, and VPN apps are coming out now. Flow is the only one I know of that currently is publicly available.

Alternatively, you can attach your Apple TV to the internet through a computer that has a VPN running.

Alternatively, you can just stream to your computer that has a VPN running.

You probably will need to learn how to clear your DNS cache, but that’s really easy. Just google how to do that for your system.

I don’t have an Apple TV, or I would try it out myself and offer more support.

It shouldn’t take more than a day to get the bugs sorted.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the help!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not as bi-lingual as I used to be...
I can't speak or read Oregon (stupid).
Before you go taking your anger out on me, AROS, consider being angry at how Washingtonians have been mistreated in Oregon for these last 20+ years. I don't care if you are from there, or not, but Oregon is an example of really poor sportsmanship.

It was Oregon that said. "Take out Penix by any means possible."
Washington never said that about Bo Nix.

Please, come back and defend your position, anytime...

Last edited: