How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Will have to be a kitchen sink game.

No other way around it. Defense will have to play the best game of the season by far.. offense will have to limit their mistakes and capitalize when they can.

The Cardinals are tough, but by no means are they unbeatable.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As MidwestHawker points out we are favored by a fair amount vs. the Cards. If you can't see us winning I think you are seriously overrating them.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Cards have the 30th ranked rushing offense, so even missing Mebane, we will stuff the run. That means Stanton throwing with a mediocre pass offense. Our secondary has been playing mediocre themselves, but Stanton is no Manning, Rivers, etc.

Our offense is ranked 5th and our defense 7th. We're a more well rounded team. The Cards are doing well simply because their schedule allows it. They play the better teams at home and the easy teams on the road. Tough road games: Denver (loss) and Dallas (win with Romo out). So they got lucky against Dallas.

DVOA they are rated at a meager 3.3%. This is a team that is all fluff and no substance except on defense, where they are legit.

They have perhaps the worst offense we face all season. If the LOB can't show up against this offense, both in Seattle and in AZ, then we don't deserve a shot at the playoffs.

We will win easily in Seattle. Probably blow them out. In Arizona will be tougher, but we should win there too.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, we were a couple of head scratching offensive calls away from beating KC at home, I actually think we will win this game.

firebee

Reaction score
Largent80":1vt1jrmb said:
Well, we were a couple of head scratching offensive calls away from beating KC at home, I actually think we will win this game.

A couple??? Multiple head-scratching plays were called in KC.

45Hawker

Reaction score
"How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?"

I think the Hawks will need to:

1 - Sign Lemuel Jeanpierre and he plays well at center.

2 - Get Bobby Wagner back and he plays well.

3 - Design and execute pass plays that put WR's in more open space.

4 - Help Justin Britt block.

5 - Feed the Beast.

Going to be a fun game. The Cardinals are playing really well, with lots of confidence and swagger. Seahawks' backs are against the wall, playing at home, and are slowly getting healthier. I'm hoping to see the Seahawks players amped up like it's a 2013 playoff game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
The way we are playing this year vs the way they have been playing tells me that we have NO CHANCE to beat them at home next week.

We are staring an 8-8 season right in the face.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Prevent big plays and you can beat them with Stanton.

On offense, the Hawks need to quit the cutesy, empty backfield bullshit. I'd spread the field with speed and run the read option as a start. I'd also mix in a ton of jumbo personnel groupings regardless of where we are on the field.

My gameplan would focus on getting Lynch some space, and getting he linebackers to cheat towards the LOS to open up intermediate routes.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks have the 3rd best defense in the NFL, the Cards are 14th best. Seahawks aren't dropping a home game to the Cards two years straight. Ain't happening. Seahawks win next Sunday!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
imo defence has to win the game....The Lions offence looked almost anemic at times. We do not have the Lions offence but Lynch will have to go full beastmode all game....I think Drew Stanton can be exposed in C-Link too. Its a must win and a confidence booster if they can get this one. I just look at that team and see what the hawks were last year...damn hungry with something to prove! They are dangerous on both sides of the ball.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2yz99ru5 said:
The Seahawks have the 3rd best defense in the NFL, the Cards are 14th best

Maybe on paper, but the difference I saw with the two defenses after watching the Hawks game, then turning it over to the Cards game was pretty sobering.

The Cards D looks like our D from last year, big, nasty and sure tackling on every play. They suffocated the life out of a very good Lions offense.

We can certainly beat the Cards, because we're at home and playing for our playoff lives next Sunday. But how? idk, because I don't have a lot of faith in our offense right now to score more than 14 pts against the Cardinals D.........especially if Lynch is hurting.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Drew Stanton.. Cards will be lucky to score this weekend. You people are so spoiled with success. The Hawks are still in great shape with Arizona (no offense, no qb) Niners (prime time game, favors us) Philly with Sanchez screwing up, at Arizona will be close by default and the gonna smash Shaun Hill and the Rams and still get the niners back her for what will be a huge game....

Arizona is the worst 9-1 I've ever seen in my life. People still are under estimating the impact that losing Carson Palmer is going to have.

Mark my words, the Cardinals will be demoralized in Seattle this Sunday. The loss will have a lasting impact and help propel us to a 12 and 4 or 11 and 5 record.

Good day to (most of you) noobs.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
After we beat Arizona this weekend the players will be amped to show the world that they are alive and more than well. Hawks get up better than anyone for prime time games. SF is in turmoil.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Seattle is a 6 point favourite right now according to Espn.com . Guess there are a few people out there that think we have a chance. I see a great game coming

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Vegas doesn't get caught up in Win/Loss records.

Point differential only favors Arizona by 16 points iirc. They have Drew Stanton (never has been, never will be) coming into a buzz saw.. Hawks are hungry and should win by double digits. Signaling the start (albeit late) of the annual Cardinal implosion.

The Seahawks win this game and Arizona will start panicking after barely winning yesterday and losing their asses in Seattle. The collapse is imminent.

If we lose, by some cruel manifestation of fate, then I fear the end of us in this year. But, we win it could spell a reversal of fortunes for both sidelines.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Drew Stanton is going to have to absolutely implode for the Hawks to win. If Palmer was playing I'd give the Hawks almost no chance. I give them a small chance because Stanton could come out and play like crap, give the Hawks turnovers and short fields.

The Seahawks' offense is probably going to look like the JV against the Varsity. This is going to be UGLY, especially for the passing game. I predict no more than 12 completed passes for no more than 150 yards.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cards don't have the same Offense without Palmer. The Seahawks may not score a lot of points Sunday, but the Cardinals won't either.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3c8cueq8 said:
Drew Stanton is going to have to absolutely implode for the Hawks to win. If Palmer was playing I'd give the Hawks almost no chance. I give them a small chance because Stanton could come out and play like crap, give the Hawks turnovers and short fields.

The Seahawks' offense is probably going to look like the JV against the Varsity. This is going to be UGLY, especially for the passing game. I predict no more than 12 completed passes for no more than 150 yards.

Russell will have one of his better games.