How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?

HansGruber

Reaction score
My previous post was deleted, so let me repeat:

I question any Seahawks fan who laughs at an opponent who is the #1 team in the NFL. That takes away from the magnitude of that win. It makes you sound like an ignorant homer as well.

That was the biggest regular season win in Russell Wilson's career, of the last 3 seasons. That win might have turned our entire season around, because our team respected that opponent - a great deal more than those here trying to gloat. While I was out celebrating that win like a Superbowl, some here actually chose to come to this forum and try to make it a Seahawk-against-Seahawk argument. Speaks for itself.

I'll continue to give strong opponents the credit they deserve. And I'll continue to see those as special wins as a result. Can't believe that got deleted. Can't believe these "fans" here are trying to actually gloat at other Hawks fans, like we were rooting for the Cards. Just unbelievable. What an embarrassment to Seahawk fans and this forum as a whole. That's webzone stuff.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HansGruber":wk8iyexw said:
I question any Seahawks fan who laughs at an opponent who is the #1 team in the NFL.

vbMfWs0.gif

That takes away from the magnitude of that win.

It was a win over approximately the 14th-best team in the NFL on our homefield. What magnitude does it deserve?

It makes you sound like an ignorant homer as well.

I6ZwzoV

An ignorant homer who correctly predicted a loss at Arrowhead, apparently.

That was the biggest regular season win in Russell Wilson's career, of the last 3 seasons.

K7GHhI1

That win might have turned our entire season around,

Too early to make that proclamation, we should wait on that until we score a win over legitimate opposition. This Thursday would be a big one.

because our team respected that opponent - a great deal more than those here trying to gloat.

The team crushing a game means they respected the opponent? Man, we sure respected the HELL out of Buffalo and Arizona two years ago, Jacksonville last year, etc.

I'll continue to give strong opponents the credit they deserve.

That's good, and you should. But what sort of credit will you give Arizona?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
BlueBlood":9fwj0yzg said:
Drew Stanton.. Cards will be lucky to score this weekend. You people are so spoiled with success. The Hawks are still in great shape with Arizona (no offense, no qb) Niners (prime time game, favors us) Philly with Sanchez screwing up, at Arizona will be close by default and the gonna smash Shaun Hill and the Rams and still get the niners back her for what will be a huge game....

Arizona is the worst 9-1 I've ever seen in my life. People still are under estimating the impact that losing Carson Palmer is going to have.

Mark my words, the Cardinals will be demoralized in Seattle this Sunday. The loss will have a lasting impact and help propel us to a 12 and 4 or 11 and 5 record.

Good day to (most of you) noobs.

Stand by what I said still, Arizona wont even make the playoffs. They will lose weekend in Atlanta as well.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
HansGruber":jrtujrxd said:

I question any Seahawks fan who laughs at an opponent who is the #1 team in the NFL. That takes away from the magnitude of that win. It makes you sound like an ignorant homer as well.

That was the biggest regular season win in Russell Wilson's career, of the last 3 seasons. That win might have turned our entire season around, because our team respected that opponent - a great deal more than those here trying to gloat. While I was out celebrating that win like a Superbowl, some here actually chose to come to this forum and try to make it a Seahawk-against-Seahawk argument. Speaks for itself.

I'll continue to give strong opponents the credit they deserve. And I'll continue to see those as special wins as a result. Can't believe that got deleted. Can't believe these "fans" here are trying to actually gloat at other Hawks fans, like we were rooting for the Cards. Just unbelievable. What an embarrassment to Seahawk fans and this forum as a whole. That's webzone stuff.
If anyone is ignorant it's you. Your love for Arizona is funny. Maybe you should propose to Bruce Arians or Drew Stanton? After all you said Arizona is "significantly better" with Stanton compared to Palmer... LOL. Arizona is a mediocre team that lucked into a 9-1 (now 9-2) record, just like 2013 KC lucked into a 9-0 start. I know it's hard for you to grasp reality, but Arizona is not going to win a playoff game even if they make the playoffs (Big IF right now). If the Seahawks win on Thanksgiving, I can see us taking the division. I find it hilarious that you said that they are comparable to our 2013 team, in no way, shape or form could the 2014 Cards beat the 2013 Broncos 43-8 in the Super Bowl, and you know that deep down.

lukerguy

Reaction score
lukerguy":4xdatfe0 said:
The only team more overrated than the Lions is the Cardinals.

They beat the Chargers by a point at home.
They beat the Giants on the road by 9
They got blown out by the Broncos
They beat the Skins at home by 10
They beat the Raiders by 11
They beat the Eagles at home by 4
They beat the Cowboys WITHOUT Romo on the road
They beat the Rams at home by 17 (impressive)
They beat the Lions by 8.

I'll give them credit for 9 wins thus far as they deserve it, but I'm not impressed by the teams they beat or the manner by which they beat them. I don't look at the Cards and think, "oh that's a scary team". Their D has been playing well, and they all believe they can win, that's dangerous in this league.

If we get Unger or LJP in a C this week, I'll be feeling pretty confident about a win. I also think we can go into AZ and win. Which means we would only need +1 on their other games:

@ATL (not easy place to go)
vs KC
@ STL
@ SF

Our schedule is no cakewalk either, but I still think our best shot at making the playoffs is through the NFC West.

Does anyone remember the KC Chiefs last year? They started 9-0! What did they finish? 11-5 with a 1st round exit after losing the division.

This will be AZ this year; i'm just not sure if it will be SF or SEA winning the division.

I'm going to bump this because I'd like to speak about our Division chances.

Arizona is now 9-2 Seattle is now 8-4. Let's assume Arizona wins this week (which I think is highly questionable; vegas only has them at 3 point favorites, and ATL is respectable at home).

This would mean we're only 2 games back. With a huge game coming up in Arizona, I think Seattle will win the way they are playing. Even though it's not in order, just humor me with their records, that would make us 9-4 and them 10-3. With a 2 win tie breaker, we would simply need to hold the same record as them to win the division.

Our remaining games aside from the AZ match up are:
@PHI
vs SF
vs STL

I think worst case we go 2-1.

AZ has:

vs. KC
@ STL
@ SF

Call me crazy, but with a back up QB, I think there's a very good chance they lose 3 of their last 5 (one vs seattle, and 2 of @ATL, vs KC, @STL @SF . Even if we lost to PHI, There's a decent chance we could win the division at 11-5.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Atlanta is 4-7 and bad. Any given Sunday but I wouldn't put a dollar on them losing.

I think the Cardinals have 2 losses at least left in their schedule. I think they win the next two, but lose the last 3 or 2 out of 3.

xgeoff

Reaction score
45Hawker":1v25wspk said:
"How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?"

I think the Hawks will need to:

1 - Sign Lemuel Jeanpierre and he plays well at center.

2 - Get Bobby Wagner back and he plays well.

3 - Design and execute pass plays that put WR's in more open space.

4 - Help Justin Britt block.

5 - Feed the Beast.

Going to be a fun game. The Cardinals are playing really well, with lots of confidence and swagger. Seahawks' backs are against the wall, playing at home, and are slowly getting healthier. I'm hoping to see the Seahawks players amped up like it's a 2013 playoff game.

How funny. This is just about exactly what happened.

Before this game I predicted that we would beat the Cards. After the game I predicted that I don't think Arizona will win again this Season.

xgeoff

Reaction score
HansGruber":8354r69x said:

Um, I don't care what their record is, Arizona is NOT the best team in the NFL. Never were. Broncos, Patriots, etc., all eat the Cardinals for lunch.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Arizona has lost so many players by now there is no "next man up". It was a good, opportunistic run for them, but they are pretty much toast despite still leading the division. Best case for AZ is 2-2 for the rest of the schedule, most likely case is 1-3, and almost 50% chance they go 0-4. Cards could easily miss the playoffs. They've simply lost too many horses.

If we go even 3-1 the rest of the way, as long as we beat SF, we win the division.
We could actually win the division at 10-6, as long as we beat SF and AZ again.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Their vaunted defense just gave up 500 yards.. They are dead meat. They have no running game, no passing game and now it would appear that the defense has all but completely melted down.