Hell Yes This Crow Tastes Delicious!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What an ass-whoopin'!

I admit I expected a different game. Well guess what? So did the Cardinals. This game was fun on so many levels, not the least of which being that we legitimately beat one of the NFL's best teams in their house, with something very important to play for. So any talk of the Cards mailing it in would be foolish. While I still believe there was a portion of that in last week's loss to the Rams, you can't tell me the Cards had any of that.

It was playoff atmosphere coming out of the gates. You could tell two power house teams were trading blows, and the Cardinals wanted nothing more than to knock out the defending NFC Champions, especially since we've owned them in their own house for the past two years.

Then it became quite apparent that the Seahawks had one mission and that was to punch the Cardinals in the mouth and not let up until the game was well out of hand. Here's some quick hits...

-- Russell Wilson is an elite quarterback in the NFL. Deal with it.

-- The backups for the OL played a very admirable game over all. Wilson took a couple big hits but for the most part the line did their jobs and kept him clean.

-- I would love to hear the back story on why Sherman though it would be acceptable to take a 15 yard penalty by pulling an ADB from SBXLIX (pretending to pull his pants down to drop a deuce). I hate HATE that crap (bad pun). Whatever they were saying to you Sherman, that doesn't give you an excuse to act like a chump and cost your team 15 yards in the process. Your revenge is the scoreboard, period. No need for juvenile antics that hurt your team.

-- Lockett is probably my favorite player outside of the Usual Suspects right now. How can you not love this kid?

-- Our backup TE looked great. Had that nice TD and some good grabs. Good for him...I love that this team is showing key depth right now. The drop off hasn't been too noticeable in recent weeks.

-- Speaking of, I am very happy for C Mike's resurgence. He's doing precisely what we hoped he would do in this situation. He's taking the reigns and running with it. Literally. Over a 100 yards against a very good run defense and is holding on to the ball. Keep it up C Mike!

-- Shead is becoming another player who is stepping in and stepping up. He's helping to restore some strength to our secondary (and Lane is helping as well).

-- I was not happy to see Wilson still playing well into the 3rd quarter when the game was already out of reach. I couldn't think of any reason Pete would be so stubborn enough to keep him in the game far beyond when he should have been pulled until I realized that they were probably letting him get over 4,000 yards passing for the year. Then I calmed down and continued enjoying my beverage.

I love being wrong when I predict a Seahawks loss. They played brilliantly, and played Championship Football as we know they are capable of.

If they take this type of performance into the playoffs, we will be seeing the Seahawks hoisting another Lombardi in Santa Clara.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Totally agree. I said I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cardinals won or the Seahawks won, but I happily enjoyed being surprised by how dominant Seattle was.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Sherm said in post game he was simulating sitting--as in, you're on the bench. I think it was directed towards Carson.

Still dumb, but not as bad as people thought.

Boom84

Reaction score
Agree with you Aros! Specifically getting Helfet and Coffman in the mix. I like Helfet in particular as not spectacular, but solid in every area. His dependability as a blocker and possession receiver is somewhat underrated.

RussB

Reaction score
Thought it would be a close game in wich either team could win. Hawks showed they are still the best defense when they need to be and dominated on offense also. like you said if they play like this in the playoffs, another trophy is coming to seattle.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3qlnd7pu said:
Sherm said in post game he was simulating sitting--as in, you're on the bench. I think it was directed towards Carson.

Sounds like a fib. Why would you simulate pulling your pants down if it was sitting on the bench?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seanhawk":gpbsgviw said:
sc85sis":gpbsgviw said:

Sounds like a fib. Why would you simulate pulling your pants down if it was sitting on the bench?

Kinda like Carson saying he was hip thrusting at "his buddies" who apparently populate the front row at the CLINK.

We all see through the initial explanations :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen Sherm explaining to Pete after on the sidelines and Pete was laughing, I don't think it was malicious.

Kansashawkfan

Reaction score
I too thought we were in for a long painful game today. I was way wrong. I'm happy about it too! Todd, please pass the crow. :mrgreen:

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawkpower":opkp5ku0 said:
Seanhawk":opkp5ku0 said:
sc85sis":opkp5ku0 said:

Kinda like Carson saying he was hip thrusting at "his buddies" who apparently populate the front row at the CLINK.

We all see through the initial explanations :)
Palmer was hip thrusting at his buddies, Sherm was pantomiming Palmer's buddies being hip thrusted at.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cb12qev said:
Totally agree. I said I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cardinals won or the Seahawks won, but I happily enjoyed being surprised by how dominant Seattle was.

Yep that's what I was saying too. Neither a blowout from the Cards or by the Hawks would surprise me. Just glad it was the latter.

:vodka:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I said the Hawks would lose by 10, pass the crow.
In reality I could have seen either team winning, but the last thing I saw was a Seattle blowout, though looking at the previous 2 games there against AZ, I should have seen that as a probability as well.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Two more:

-- Bevell deserves my respect for calling a fantastic game to completely neutralize the Cardinals defense. Nice job.

-- How about those undefeated Wolf Grey Uni's!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I changed my prediction in your thread this morning to a Hawks win. Just had a feeling we were primed after playing like shit last week combined with the magic of the wolf greys.

It's awesome to be wrong when it means something good for the Hawks isn't it?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Maybe I should keep believing we have no chance? It seems to work pretty well. I can live with being wrong all the time if this is the result.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One thing I wasn't really thinking about in my prediction thread this past week was how confident and dominant we play them in their house. I was too focused on the most recent game where we just looked like crap at home against a much inferior team.

One other thing I didn't think about (which is arguable as a factor) is what that building means to the Seahawks psychologically after losing like they did in XLIX. There must have been some element of wanting to exorcise those demons by playing decisive and destructive for an entire game. Maybe it was their version of an exorcism.

I was primed to be prepared for a loss today. Not that I necessarily thought a loss was a given, just with the variables presented from this past week, plus injuries, I just thought this would be the perfect storm for the Cardinals.

So this dominant win has me wondering...

WHO IS THIS TEAM?

We lost 5 games we should have won early in the season. We started the season 2-4. We've played not to lose, we've lost to inferior teams, the defense has under-performed at times, the offensive line was hot garbage for 9 weeks, Russell was being questioned for his performance, on and on...

And then...

We have played Championship Football, dominating in every aspect of the game from start to finish, we've beaten quality teams, the offense literally breaking NFL and franchise records left and right, We've overcome locker room drama and psychological issues from Kam's hold out to other issues, 7 Pro Bowl nods, on and on...

Who is this team?

One thing is for damn sure...We will know the answer to that question in these coming weeks.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Also, I am bummed Baldwin didn't get one more TD. I think that also played into why Russ and Baldwin were still out there late in the 3rd...

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great post, so many bright spots: Irvin, ST blocking was so full of effort, McCray, Marsh, Bennett and Avril looking fresh, Meebs and Rubin . . .

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Now that I am re-watching the game in private...

Wow these refs were terrible. Of course that is a reoccurring theme this year and that goes without saying but WOW, let the players PLAY! I mean there were calls against BOTH teams that were so ticky-tack I couldn't believe it on second view.

The NFL really needs to figure out something different. This part time ref thing ain't working people. There needs to be major reform here. Hire YOUNGER and make it their full time jobs with serious penalties if they F up MAJORLY in a game (see: cost a team a game due to their incompetence).

I just watched an interview with Earl where he admitted a big factor in this game was how we lost in this stadium in XLIX and what it meant to the team to come out and exorcise some demons.

Another message which was put out there by the team is how much the coaches prepared them to play this game like it was a playoff game...Win and you are in. Lose and you are done. Championship Football was the mantra this week (as it has been each game under Pete) but it really seemed to sink in with the players.

To me, it was the combination of the embarrassing loss to the Rams in our final home game of the year AND the demons that needed...No, DEMANDED to be exorcised in that stadium that conspired against the Cardinals in gorgeous fashion.

Now, pray for the Vikings. Lord have mercy on them. (not really)

Latest posts