Hawks underdog as most analysts pick Pats

Rat

Reaction score
The Pats are a legitimately great team, and defeating them would be a tremendous accomplishment. Picking them is hardly uneducated or lazy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3w220uri said:
A lot of the reason why these experts are picking the Patriots is the assumption that Chancellor, Sherman, and Thomas aren't healthy at all. Coupled with losing Mebane and Jordan with the lack of confidence in Kevin Williams and others in the middle.

They seem to think Edelman and Amnadola are going to rip the LOB apart which is insane given we have already played and eliminated Amandola on a regular basis already, he's basically a lightweight version of Wes Welker. While also being convinced Blount is going to run for 100+ yards are something more ridiculous, I mean why should he suddenly be able to do something Eddie Lacy or any other large runner couldn't do while being a worse running back?
Not sure I agree with your first paragraph completely. I think that is the "cover" they use for picking NE, to either hide their NE bias, anti-Seattle bias, or just flat out stupidity.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Gruden picked seattle, and he litterly has forgotten more football than 90% of other talking heads. Btw the pats haven't won a SB since before Hass and Alexander lead us to our first appearance, to say they know what it takes to win a SB is a stretch.

kpak76

Reaction score
Perfect, Pricksco predicts us to lose. We are going to blow the Cheats out of the water.

kpak76

Reaction score
LTH":9yd5sfhy said:
It might take 3 SB wins for those morons to see this team is special....

Just think, we were 30 seconds away from this being the third straight SB victory. The momentum this team was on from what they did in that Falcons game would have carried this team to a SB that year also.

gulliver

Reaction score
My prediction: Andrew Luck wins MVP of the Super Bowl this year despite not playing. He's so elite.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Everyone in this thread acting like us winning is a foregone conclusion is making we even more nervous :) Am I the only one?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't why anyone would expect anything differently. There are a number of teams that if the Hawks played in the Super Bowl would be favored.

The analysts are charmed by NE, just like last year they are saying the same exact things.

I don't even care and never have. It's funny because it is right in front of their noses but they literally work at finding some obscure stat or situation that just doesn't apply.

I don't like it because it takes the fun of watching pre game stuff. I mean they should pick whoever they like, but when they back it up with something stupid it just sounds like they don't even really watch their own product.

Doesn't matter.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Rat":1kualbaq said:
The Pats are a legitimately great team, and defeating them would be a tremendous accomplishment. Picking them is hardly uneducated or lazy.
Agreed, but when they do it because they say Seattle can't stop the run or they use the GB game as a tool they are uneducated and lazy.

FLhawkfan

Reaction score
Brian Billick and Shaun O'Hara on Playbook both picked the Hawks. No surprise that Marshall Faulk picked the Deflatriots.

OP
OP
N

Northhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1iahx9j8 said:
Everyone in this thread acting like us winning is a foregone conclusion is making we even more nervous :) Am I the only one?

That's not what I meant by this thread. It's that this team p,lays best with a huge block on its shoulders. It thrives on the underdog label and proving disbelievers wrong. It's part of their character.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
CANHawk":5rszilq2 said:
Poor poor analysts trapped by their conventional wisdom. Just can't help but pick the big shiny offensive team.

Seriously, how many more "greatest offenses of all time" do we have to beat? We have chunks of teams just like the Pats in our stool.

Brilliant.