Harvin - "ailing hip"....(labrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
brimsalabim":21zc51nn said:
Why are we waiting on a second opinion now? From what I've read to qualify for the pre season PUP a player can't have practiced a single minute. These injuries had to be known before today.

the preseason PUP requirements for practice mean training camp, OTA's are voluntary.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
hawker84":3rko03cl said:
SoHo9erFan":3rko03cl said:
Long term, this injury is not that severe. At worst, he will return late October/early November. Until then you guys will operate with the same offense from last year.

Now you guys are in the same boat as 49ers fans. Crabtree is expected to make his return around that time.

Not the same boat, we'd be operating with our same starters as last year, who proved solid and productive especially in the 2nd half of the season.. Niners on the other hand will have Boldin, Davis and a handfull of question marks.. big differnce.
Fair. But we will also have Mario Manningham back this season, along with Kyle Williams. Those two receivers along with Boldin are formidable until Crabtree gets back.

Btw, you know that wasn't the point I was making. All I said was that, at the very worst, you guys would be expecting your #1 WR to return around the same time as the 49ers #1. Why are you so sensitive?

davidonmi

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":q84iw4iy said:
We all deserve this for not listening to Vikings fans. Sure would love to have 10m in cap space, a 3rd round pick and Cordalle Patterson right about now.
And listening to Viking's fans would'be stopped the move, there must be language in the contract that protects the hawks, the picks hurt but cordarelle Patterson sux

General Manager

Reaction score
It's the first day of training camp it's to early to worry about this. Even if we lose him for the year we will still have a great offense .

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
When looking at Harvin's value, it would be inappropriate to judge him in a vacuum. Harvin wasn't a great fit with Ponder and the Viking's O. Spielman wasn't willing to offer a mega contract to a receiver who wasn't going to make them a SB caliber team. The Vikings have too many wholes to sacrifice that much money on a luxury. Conversely, the Seahawks knew that adding Harvin would put the their offense over the top. So who cares what Vikings fans think.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2u9xa4z3 said:
hawker84":2u9xa4z3 said:
SoHo9erFan":2u9xa4z3 said:
Long term, this injury is not that severe. At worst, he will return late October/early November. Until then you guys will operate with the same offense from last year.

Now you guys are in the same boat as 49ers fans. Crabtree is expected to make his return around that time.

Not the same boat, we'd be operating with our same starters as last year, who proved solid and productive especially in the 2nd half of the season.. Niners on the other hand will have Boldin, Davis and a handfull of question marks.. big differnce.
Fair. But we will also have Mario Manningham back this season, along with Kyle Williams. Those two receivers along with Boldin are formidable until Crabtree gets back.

Btw, you know that wasn't the point I was making. All I said was that, at the very worst, you guys would be expecting your #1 WR to return around the same time as the 49ers #1. Why are you so sensitive?

Did you just use the words formidable and Kyle Williams in a sentence? I get that you can probably club someone to death with those hands of stones, but that's not exactly allowed on the football field.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
IMO everyone is freaking out about something that could be nothing.

I especially like all the 'fans' who are like OH GREAT I KNEW IT ALL ALONG. Really, please just stop.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
This dude that covers Minny sports for their local radio thinks it's Harvin trying to just get out of practice:

Judd Zulgad ‏@1500ESPNJudd 2h
So PFT reports Seahawks want Harvin to try to practice with hip injury, while getting treatment. Did Seattle did any background on this guy?
Expand

Percy very well might end up playing in games but he will NOT practice with this under any circumstances. Seahawks could have called me.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

I'm just floored by this. Literally floored. This is Percy Harvin. Bevell knows him. He will do anything he can to not take part in camp.
Expand

This must be like ground hog day for @TomPelissero. You can change employers, change teams you're covering but Percy always will be Percy.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ca4n392 said:
Did you just use the words formidable and Kyle Williams in a sentence? I get that you can probably club someone to death with those hands of stones, but that's not exactly allowed on the football field.

Kyle Williams is equivalent to Baldwin and this forum seems to think Baldwin is a formidable receiver. So yeah using your logic it makes sense. And Kyle has great hands as a receiver. I can't recall him dropping a pass. Sure, he muffed some crucial punts, but that is not an indictment on his receiving skills.

davidonmi

Reaction score
General Manager":1ec9uvrx said:
It's the first day of training camp it's to early to worry about this. Even if we lose him for the year we will still have a great offense .
I 100% agree, this should not derail our season, we still have good wr, a great offensive and defensive backfield, and a solid front 7, and there has to be protection in the contract considering his history. If there's not JS deserves heat

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2mym6ti9 said:
This dude that covers Minny sports for their local radio thinks it's Harvin trying to just get out of practice:

So PFT reports Seahawks want Harvin to try to practice with hip injury, while getting treatment. Did Seattle did any background on this guy?
Expand

Percy very well might end up playing in games but he will NOT practice with this under any circumstances. Seahawks could have called me.

I'm just floored by this. Literally floored. This is Percy Harvin. Bevell knows him. He will do anything he can to not take part in camp.
Expand

This must be like ground hog day for @TomPelissero. You can change employers, change teams you're covering but Percy always will be Percy.

I trust this guy. Guys named Judd are generally brilliant, good looking, charismatic, top of the line athletic, basically chick magnets. I mean, just look at Judd Zulgad, Judd Nelson, and JSeahawks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2mcwkcjj said:

Expand

Expand

If it's true and it ends up this way, I'll stand by my original statement......prima donna. If this is how it is, man up Percy, you got paid.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sports Certified Physical Therapist's perspective here: a turn labrum in the hip can mean almost nothing, or it could be really bad. For those that don't know, the labrum is a ring of connective tissue that goes around the outside of the entire socket to help deepen the socket and provide more stability to the joint. The labrum can be torn at any point in that ring but the location of the tear (i.e. the o'clock vs nine o'clock position) and the size of the tear are what's important.

We will likely never know those specifics. If a tear is small enough, or in some locations then it just means he plays through some discomfort. If the tear is in other locations, or if it's big enough then surgery is required because of the lack of stability in the hip joint that occurs. Without surgical repair the tear could get bigger, or other secondary injuries could occur because of new sloppy mechanics in the joint.

Considering he was playing at full speed very recently and had a complaint of some hip discomfort during OTAs my best guess is that this is not something that will require surgery. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't see the practice field until 2-3 weeks from now if the hip is already inflamed. Note: I have nothing to base that on other than his recent timeline and my educated speculation.

Hopefully I'm correct.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ch692ms said:

Expand

Expand

as much as that angers me I pray to god he's right

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1x3rxk9t said:

Expand

Expand

Zulgad is more of a color commentator than an actual analyst. He's just trying to boost his followers. Besides, complaining you have a migraine (which was Harvin's go to move in Minny) is a whole lot more arbitrary than having a physical hip injury

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":36xexr8r said:
Smelly McUgly":36xexr8r said:

Expand

Expand

I trust this guy. Guys named Judd are generally brilliant, good looking, charismatic, top of the line athletic, basically chick magnets.
So your name is James then right J? John? Jerry?

Status
Not open for further replies.