Harbaugh to the Bolts

RiverDog

Reaction score
There were rumors that Pete was fighting for the job, if so, poor Pete.
Belichick to the Falcons fizzled out yesterday, too. It's ironic that despite both expressing interest in coaching again and there being plenty of openings that no one wants the two old guys.

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Belichick to the Falcons fizzled out yesterday, too. It's ironic that despite both expressing interest in coaching again and there being plenty of openings that no one wants the two old guys.

That is pretty normal because if they wait a year they will be in demand once more.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
If Belichick waits a year, he may get the job he covets the most....the NYG.
He started there under Parcells. Full circle to finish there.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Good. Between being a fan of the Seahawks and the Buckeyes, I've had to deal with this guy coaching my team's biggest rival since 2011. It's nice after 13 years to finally not have to care about him anymore. We had some big wins over him, had some big losses to him... I'm content to move on.
I’m not. I LOVED Michigan kicking OSU’s ass. I literally hate OSU as much as the Whiners.
Honestly, I think Michigan’s done for a long time as are the Seahawks UNLESS they miraculously get a great coaching staff over night.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Good. Between being a fan of the Seahawks and the Buckeyes, I've had to deal with this guy coaching my team's biggest rival since 2011. It's nice after 13 years to finally not have to care about him anymore. We had some big wins over him, had some big losses to him... I'm content to move on.
I am openly rooting for the chargers to lose games via bad calls - just to see Harb's head actually explode on live TV.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That is pretty normal because if they wait a year they will be in demand once more.
Pretty normal? How many times has a coach with a resume anywhere close to that of Bill Belichick or even Pete Carroll been on the market?

But I do agree that j/b they don't get hired in their first season away from football doesn't necessarily mean that they'll never get another job. There's been guys like Dick Vermeil and Joe Gibbs that have come out of retirement.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I could see Pete eventually taking an announcer job. He can be entertaining when he lets his guard down. His mannerisms are almost Madden-esque at times.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I love this.

The NCAA can be such a joke at times. *IF* Harbaugh even did anything wrong (which is highly debatable), the NCAA has NO POWER to punish him at all. All they can do is punish the school, which is basically them punishing a bunch of innocent people for no reason at all. It's hilarious.
Allow me to contradict the contrarian…the school, players, boosters, etc benefited from any cheating.

Even if they weren’t knowing accomplices, at a minimum, punishment provides incentive to avoid the behavior in the future.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Michigan should lose their football program for a year...but it won't.. maybe a school like Mid Dakota poly tech trades school university would..but not a big team like Michigan. Football rewards cheaters...

Well except black players who bet on games...then it's bad...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Allow me to contradict the contrarian…the school, players, boosters, etc benefited from any cheating.

Even if they weren’t knowing accomplices, at a minimum, punishment provides incentive to avoid the behavior in the future.

What are you contradicting? They are all still innocent if Harbaugh was the one behind it. Whether or not they benefited was not part of the point I was making.

Unless the school hires somebody to follow around the next head coach 24/7, there is little they can do to prevent them from cheating and/or misleading investigators.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
What are you contradicting? They are all still innocent if Harbaugh was the one behind it. Whether or not they benefited was not part of the point I was making.

Unless the school hires somebody to follow around the next head coach 24/7, there is little they can do to prevent them from cheating and/or misleading investigators.
Nothing happens in a vacuum. If there’s systemic violations occurring people are aware and likely abetting.

’If unaware’ was an unlikely hypothetical to argue against unfair collateral damage.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
To a degree, sure. I'll concede that.

I just feel that for the most part there is very little anyone can do to control everything. It's a fault in the system. The main issue is that *if* the head coach is the most culpable, they can just 'bolt' (no pun intended) to another job and not have to deal with it.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Happy for the Chargers. I like them in general. Herbert has underperformed but is a QB with All Pro potential. I think this will be a marriage that gets the best out of him and the team to finally get over the hump and start playing meaningful games in January.
Pretty sure he is tops in years passing, tds ect since entering the nfl. He has a terrible OL, bad RB (Ekeler is a 3rd down back at best), aging WRs who get hurt all the time and has had a bottom 2-4 D his entire time in the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty sure he is tops in years passing, tds ect since entering the nfl. He has a terrible OL, bad RB (Ekeler is a 3rd down back at best), aging WRs who get hurt all the time and has had a bottom 2-4 D his entire time in the NFL.

Yep.