Signing or Trade ?

Chawker

Reaction score
With free agency just around the corner whats JS's opening move going to be, which domino will be the first to fall ?

Cheers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Side question: Will people who LOVE to blast the front office actually take the time to give them credit for this?

QWERTY

Reaction score
Good point !

It seems like they want to tank or give up this season by taking Adam's dead cap (all of it in 2024)

It all depends on this FA signings. IF JS and MM keeps on signing many cheap players, then they won't get any comp pick for Williams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It makes a TON of sense. But I'm sure if someone else suggested it, the Q would love it. Proving why I had him on ignore for a long time.
Williams has plenty left in the tank. Then again, silly me answering a question. What was I thinking?
I mean, why bring back one of the best defensive players on the team?

flv2

Reaction score
It seems like they want to tank or give up this season by taking Adam's dead cap (all of it in 2024)

It all depends on this FA signings. IF JS and MM keeps on signing many cheap players, then they won't get any comp pick for Williams.
Not at all. Either they account for the $10.417M dead money all the way through the 2024 season or instead they account for $16.5M until Jun 1 and then account for nothing for the rest of the season. Either way they have the same cap space for 2025. It's about when did the team want cap flexibility and it was a marginal decision. The team chose to have the extra $6.083M through the free agency period. Their choice.

QWERTY

Reaction score
It makes a TON of sense. But I'm sure if someone else suggested it, the Q would love it. Proving why I had him on ignore for a long time.
Williams has plenty left in the tank. Then again, silly me answering a question. What was I thinking?
I mean, why bring back one of the best defensive players on the team?

No doesn't make any sense.

I was hoping Adams and Diggs remain with the team for 1 year under MM's scheme.

But I think both MM and JS believed that the roster that they had now, wouldn't contend with the Niners, and would be a 1 playoff win team, so they decided to blow it up.

I do love Williams, but not if the team is rebuilding.

17-20 mill Seems the market for him, and you really want to give him that contract at age 30?