Harbaugh to the Bolts

toffee

Reaction score
There were rumors that Pete was fighting for the job, if so, poor Pete.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score

I think they were slightly exaggerated from one report. He apparently let them know he'd be interested but there wasn't the end'round going on the way it was reported.

Yeah. Feel bad for him and Bill. Changing of the guard. No room for thr OGs.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
That's one domino down
Crap! There goes my Michigan dynasty. Back to shit on Saturdays.
Basically NOTHING for me on the weekends for football because Seattle will be crap too unless we miraculously get a great coaching staff that can turn this team around quickly. 😢

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basically NOTHING on the weekends for football because Seattle will be crap to unless we miraculously get a great coaching staff that can turn this team around quickly. 😢

Sorry you lost your coach but I think the program will do fine moving forward.

I am ecstatic to hear he took that gig. He was one I didn’t want here.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Basically NOTHING for me on the weekends for football because Seattle will be crap too unless we miraculously get a great coaching staff that can turn this team around quickly. 😢
Would Michigan pursue Macdonald? He was the DC briefly and the Harbaughs have shared coaches and culture.

Rat

Reaction score
Good. Between being a fan of the Seahawks and the Buckeyes, I've had to deal with this guy coaching my team's biggest rival since 2011. It's nice after 13 years to finally not have to care about him anymore. We had some big wins over him, had some big losses to him... I'm content to move on.

bileever

Reaction score
I, for one, would have loved to see him on the Seahawks' sidelines. He's won everywhere he's gone, he's different and he's intense. I know he's a difficult personality, but I think it would have been a quick turnaround with Harbaugh.

As for Pete competing with Harbaugh, it would be no contest at this point because Harbaugh is only 60, and has many years left, whereas with Pete, you just don't know.

sc85sis

Reaction score
SI reported he had his agent put some initial feelers out. Nothing more than that. As usual, some outlets, including social media, built that up to more than it actually was.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Happy for the Chargers. I like them in general. Herbert has underperformed but is a QB with All Pro potential. I think this will be a marriage that gets the best out of him and the team to finally get over the hump and start playing meaningful games in January.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Out of curiosity..if he had returned to Michigan was he facing discipline for cheating?
Perhaps. Harbaugh was fending off a two-headed monster, almost certainly one of the reasons why he chose now to return to the NFL:

Harbaugh was suspended for the team’s first three games, a self-imposed sanction by Michigan’s athletics department, amid allegations of recruiting violations. The NCAA, which has an open investigation into the matter, could potentially choose to add further penalties in that case.

The NCAA opened a second investigation into the Wolverines in October for alleged sign-stealing, leading to the suspension and subsequent resignation of Michigan football analyst Connor Stalions. Linebackers coach Chris Partridge was latere fired, but Michigan didn’t elaborate on why he was let go.

Harbaugh has denied knowledge of any scheme to steal other teams’ signs, and – after initial protest – accepted a three-game suspension, upping his total games away from the Michigan sideline to six.

Both NCAA investigations into Michigan remain ongoing.

Prior to the CFB playoffs, there was a school of thought that said that they should not allow Michigan to be one of the participants due to the dual controversies that were going on. I think they made the right decision to allow them in as none of the players were accused of any wrongdoing. If they're going to punish Michigan, do it during the transfer portal so they can pull a Harbaugh and skip out on the team.