Get real time.........Season a bust?

onepicknick

Reaction score
I would call it a Bust just because when you have a coach saying we have to figure things out after week 16 well there not going to get them fixed you say that in week 4 not 16. I know I look at the glass half empty thats because it is just a couple more swallows and it's gone I have to get up and fill it up.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Not a bust but I knew the day that Beast retired that it was the end of an era in Seattle. Possibly for a long time.

quneur

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3v189tt9 said:
...I hope my optimistic take is correct. I'm afraid my gut might be right.

That's a fair assessment on how I feel about this years team. What's been frustrating is seeing deficiencies in the teams play continuing on. Half time adjustments has been more about stopping the bleeding rather than how to attack offensively (at least from fans perspective).

I've always tried to look at a problem as a cause-effect-solution with the cause usually takes 3-4 games to correct with injuries or training. Without going into past problems/solutions, this is what I see for SF game.

1. With the injury to Thomas, McCray, we know, is going to be tested. Couple that with Lane's not quite stellar play, the entire secondary is susceptible to long and short passing plays. The middle seems to be fine. Opposing teams are going to attempt passes they never would have if Thomas were playing. Shead is better playing the outside while Lane should be on those short, slot receivers where making mistakes isn't as critical with safety backup. I'm guessing Lane is using his speed as a crutch where Shead, slower, will his skills more - angles, hands, etc.

2. Play calling. Play action plays the RB is usually set up on the left. On bootlegs QB is under center. Team tendencies: screens on left, bootlegs on right. Wilson escapes the pocket running backwards or towards his right but he's good escaping pressure by spinning to his left (just like a bootleg). That said, they should design plays by going against their tendencies by switching bootlegs and play actions alignments. Throw in a few wrinkles.

3. Simply blocking scheme. They did it in the second half of AZ plus with that extra protection allowed the passing game to finally open. We have two options here:

A. Trying to establish the run early and do we have the oline for it.
B. Trying to establish a passing game using extra blockers.

We know Seattle has the capability to do option B while option A is questionable.

This next game, SF is going to play inspired. The last game of the season, at home, against a team they don't like and players fighting for a job next season. They have nothing to lose. Seattle doesn't play well against inspired teams. But what I see is Seattle using the same playbook, the same schemes and Lane getting burned several times in the game for yardage.

nash72

Reaction score
mrt144":1gvge9t0 said:
We are creeping from good down to average and the inconsistency from game to game is reflective of that.

Yep