A strange season with many unexpected results?

toffee

Reaction score
During pre-season, I thought a few things would happen, some did, and some didn't:
  1. I thought Geno would be OK, at least better than most were expecting. He was great off the gate, constantly graded top 5 if not top 3, but he is levelling off, basing on his last few games, he is more like a top 10 if not top 15 QB, still good but not great .... now that DC has film on him, game planned against him etc.,
  2. I thought we can win between 7-9 games, we are still on track.
  3. I thought we will struggle in the early part of the season and finish strong once guys are familiar with the system and playing with each other. That hasn't happened, in fact the opposite.
  4. I thought our defense will carry the offense, LOL, totally off the mark.
Do you think we need to make wholesale changes to defense personnel?
Do you think we need to draft a 'franchise' QB in 1st round?
Do you think we need to upgrade our OC and DC?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
1. Yes. I want this defense torn down and turned inside out. Only player worth keeping is Woolen. They unfortunately need to hang onto Adams for another year otherwise the dead cap hit would be crippling. Everyone else can go. That includes Brooks, Taylor, all of them.

2. No, I want them to spend 3 of those 4 first picks on the defense, and one offensive guard. We can roll with Geno for another 2-3 years.
Now, if he wants to get greedy and ask for a $150 million deal, then let him walk and get a QB with one of those first 4 picks.

3. Yes. I was actually impressed with Waldron early in the season. They had a ton of pre snap motions, jet sweeps, it was very creative. Now it seems like he lost his playbook and he's using Bevell or Schottys playbook. Very stale. Receivers standing still. If that's the best Waldron has, then I've seen enough.

Hurtt needs to go. I've been calling for his termination since day 1. Poor coach, poor leader, poor character. Let Desai try, or just get a whole new coaching staff. Tear it all down.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
1. Yes. I want this defense torn down and turned inside out. Only player worth keeping is Woolen. They unfortunately need to hang onto Adams for another year otherwise the dead cap hit would be crippling. Everyone else can go. That includes Brooks, Taylor, all of them.

2. No, I want them to spend 3 of those 4 first picks on the defense, and one offensive guard. We can roll with Geno for another 2-3 years.
Now, if he wants to get greedy and ask for a $150 million deal, then let him walk and get a QB with one of those first 4 picks.

3. Yes. I was actually impressed with Waldron early in the season. They had a ton of pre snap motions, jet sweeps, it was very creative. Now it seems like he lost his playbook and he's using Bevell or Schottys playbook. Very stale. Receivers standing still. If that's the best Waldron has, then I've seen enough.

Hurtt needs to go. I've been calling for his termination since day 1. Poor coach, poor leader, poor character. Let Desai try, or just get a whole new coaching staff. Tear it all down.
COMPLETELY AGREE with everything you said here.

Particularly the Waldron stuff. That got non-creative very quickly. Last couple games they manage to roll out a few 3 TE packages and I'm like "WHERE the F has this been all game!".

Edit: And the whole 'team' has felt like he's been using Bevell or Schotty's playbook. Before I fast forwarded 66% of yesterday's game - I said to my wife: "Jesus - if we just need to dig a hole in the 1st Quarter and attempt and fail to dig out of it mid way through the 4th quarter - tell me how that feels different than Russ' team?" Same old come from behind stuff.

Spot on. Can we please have Quinn back now? Dammit.

Last edited: