Let’s get real

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Genos dinking and dunking has netted him some good stats so far. He's top 5 in stats and yet the teams still only 3-3. Like its been said, great stats, but he still lacks the intangibles to get the team to the next level. Optimism will come with the draft when they pick a QB. If they dont draft one, fans will eventually see through the Fools Gold. It just takes some longer than others.

Dinking and dunking? Smith has been among the best QBs in the league on deep throws this season.

And it's not a lack of "intangibles to get the team to the next level" (as if such a thing existed) that is causing the Seahawks to be just 3-3 despite having one of the best QBs in the league so far. It's the defense's bad performance.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm really struggling to believe this thread. I guess I really do not understand how one could be so down on this team and what they've accomplished, like trade of century rumblings, best draft of last several years rumblings. Either people are very paranoid, living their lives looking for failure in everything, which is just incredibly depressing, or these threads are complete bullshit.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Geno just turned 32 years old. He's not the long term answer. Besides, we've played just 6 games this season, not nearly enough of a sample size to warrant an extension. Too many teams have hitched their wagon to who they thought was their QBOTF only to see it turn out to be fool's gold, and I don't want to be one of those teams. We're in a good position in that we do not have an expensive QB eating up cap space, and I'd like to use that advantage to build on what we have.

I don't think we have to draft a QB. Having a very serviceable one like Geno makes it more of an option than it does a priority. If we see a QB in the draft that we really like and that is available without selling the farm to move up and nab him, then by all means, pull the trigger.

The entire league is wide open this season, so outside of making a stupid trade like the Niners just did or we did a couple seasons ago with Jamal Adams, we push as hard as we can and see where it goes. I'm not so naïve as to believe that we are a SB contender, but I've been wrong before. Being 3-3 in our first 6 games isn't all that bad.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Genos dinking and dunking has netted him some good stats so far. He's top 5 in stats and yet the teams still only 3-3. Like its been said, great stats, but he still lacks the intangibles to get the team to the next level. Optimism will come with the draft when they pick a QB. If they dont draft one, fans will eventually see through the Fools Gold. It just takes some longer than others.
He’s top 10 in passing yards so it isn’t dinking and dunking like Stinky G. He throws downfield with efficiency

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Those three losses were NOT all on Geno and you know it, or I guess maybe you don't.
It's the Special Teams & Defense that have been screwing up, Geno CAN NOT overcome their MISTAKES, NO QUARTERBACK CAN.
Fools thinking that they KNOW something that others don't, still be fools, ain't no fixing them. "It Just Takes Some Longer Than Others", and sadly, SOMETIMES you still NEVER see or admit to your faults.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dinking and dunking? Smith has been among the best QBs in the league on deep throws this season.

And it's not a lack of "intangibles to get the team to the next level" (as if such a thing existed) that is causing the Seahawks to be just 3-3 despite having one of the best QBs in the league so far. It's the defense's bad performance.

This what I mean about Fools Gold. Guess Geno deserves a long term contract and is the answer to the QB position now. Lol. Um,,,no.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Those three losses were NOT all on Geno and you know it, or I guess maybe you don't.
It's the Special Teams & Defense that have been screwing up, Geno CAN NOT overcome their MISTAKES, NO QUARTERBACK CAN.
Fools thinking that they KNOW something that others don't, still be fools, ain't no fixing them. "It Just Takes Some Longer Than Others", and sadly, SOMETIMES you still NEVER see or admit to your faults.

Wilson overcame it for years

cymatica

Reaction score
What team have you been watching? He was drinking and dunking the first week or 2, outside of that he's been make throws all over the field consistently

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wilson overcame it for years

Go watch Denver if you want to see how the "overcoming" is going.

Spoiler alert: It may not be going the way you thought it would.

Wilson didn't overcome crap the past few years. He got what he wanted in 2020 and proceeded to implode, and then get pissy when the coaches intervened. He then proceeded to messily crap his pants in the playoffs. Didn't do much in 2021, either. Geno came off the bench and had the team moving just as well, especially against the Rams.

Stop trying to compare situations that aren't the same. Again, Denver is over there if you want to continue seeing him single-handedly overcome everything. (which... ya know. He wasn't.)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Go watch Denver if you want to see how the "overcoming" is going.

Spoiler alert: It may not be going the way you thought it would.

Wilson didn't overcome crap the past few years. He got what he wanted in 2020 and proceeded to implode, and then get pissy when the coaches intervened. He then proceeded to messily crap his pants in the playoffs. Didn't do much in 2021, either. Geno came off the bench and had the team moving just as well, especially against the Rams.

Stop trying to compare situations that aren't the same. Again, Denver is over there if you want to continue seeing him single-handedly overcome everything. (which... ya know. He wasn't.)

Geno went 1-3 and beat the worst team in the league. Come on man.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like Pete and John's historical choices on QBs. Mahomes and Allen are pretty decent players to look at, worth pissing Russell off. If PC/JS have someone they feel that way about this coming draft as QB Of The Future (QBOTF), say, Will Levis, they should go get him. Pay Geno for a year or two, and have QBOTF sit and learn, then we have 2+ years of Rookie Contract QB and with any luck a good D with other draft picks.

Pete's winning model is cheap game manager QB/limit turnovers, strong running game, and elite YOUNG defense, and tons of guys outplaying their contracts. I see the Hawks returning to that model.

Paying a limited game manager QB huge bucks isn't a model that has ever worked for Pete, in terms of playoff success. Geno is a perfect fit while he's still cheap. So it's not out of the question that Hawks could have a deep playoff run in 2023 or 2024 with Geno at the helm.

Further, I am *guessing* that after Geno's legal issues in the offseason, Geno had a personal reckoning, reflecting on the sucker punch broken jaw incident that sabotaged his career (and was Geno's fault for being a dick to a teammate, IMO) and Geno decided to straighten up and not risk screwing up his last good chance to get a starting gig and stop being a "punchline".

Last edited:

gmor

Reaction score
I like Pete and John's historical choices on QBs. Mahomes and Allen are pretty decent players to look at, worth pissing Russell off. If PC/JS have someone they feel that way about this coming draft as QB Of The Future (QBOTF), say, Will Levis, they should go get him. Pay Geno for a year or two, and have QBOTF sit and learn, then we have 2+ years of Rookie Contract QB and with any luck a good D with other draft picks.
If Levis is available, I say take him. Not sure the other prospects are better than what we have.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Geno is top 5 in yards per attempt and leads the league in completion percentage so any talk of dink and dunk is bizarre. I haven’t heard that about our offense this year but I guess there’s a first for everything lol