Get real time.........Season a bust?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Good grief...

So let me get this straight:
1. We had a Quarterback SEVERELY injured for almost half the season, if not longer.
2. We went multiple games without Rawls or Prosise
3. We lose Earl
4. We lose Lockett
5. We miss Bennett and Kam for a few games
6. WE have the lowest paid, and worst O-line in the league
7. Prosise comes back, we lose him again
8. Again, Russell was severely injured. Behind a terrible O-line
9. We had one of the hardest schedules in the league

And yet, we won our division, we could possibly be the #2 seed. We still manage to put up 30 points a game against quality opponents. And we're in the playoffs yet again for the 5th year in a row under the Carroll/Wilson era.

We're fine. The sky is not falling. Any team that can overcome what we have and STILL be competitive is a great team

Crizilla

Reaction score
no matter how this season ends, don't lie, beating NE at the goal line felt really good. Needed that BIGGLY.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3hx2e68n said:
Good grief...

1. We had a Quarterback SEVERELY injured for almost half the season, if not longer.
3. We lose Earl
4. We lose Lockett

And yet, we won our division, we could possibly be the #2 seed. We still manage to put up 30 points a game against quality opponents. And we're in the playoffs yet again for the 5th year in a row under the Carroll/Wilson era.

We're fine. The sky is not falling. Any team that can overcome what we have and STILL be competitive is a great team

Perspective. It's what's for dinner.

*hoedown music*

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think the season was a bust, and it's too early to call it that yet.

Yea, our OL sucks, but it's in a growth phase. Ifedi is still learning, Glowinski is still learning, we have a Pro Bowl Center, and Fant is playing well enough to keep Sowell and Gilliam over on the right side even though he hasn't played since OL since grade school. yea, it's not saying much, but we could see the same squad come out next year and go from horrible, skip league average and end up being good. We have the rawest LT in the league, a 1st year Center, basically a 1st year LG, and a 1st year RG. It's been bad, but the ceiling is high.

That said, I don't think we have a realistic shot at the SB.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Crizilla":3grcemqw said:
no matter how this season ends, don't lie, beating NE at the goal line felt really good. Needed that BIGGLY.

Truly a great moment.
Sadly, might prove to be the greatest moment for us this year.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The season is not a bust. We won the division again. However, It is our worst season since 2011. One and done in the playoffs, however....They will make it close and give us hope during the game cause that is just what they do. :laugh:
I love this team though. The nail in the coffin for the SB window was the GB game. Our NFL record streak of not losing by more than 10 points was broke HARD. The end of an era for this D. Earl Thomas factor in a nutshell. Sigh. We need a serious stud on the OLine from the draft. NO MORE PROJECTS!!!!

strohmin

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1vutakq1 said:
SpokaneHawks":1vutakq1 said:
IMO, I can't help but feel this season has gone up in flames. It wouldn't shock me if SAN Fran beats us. Definitely a free fall into the playoffs. No run game, can't protect the QB, inept play calling, Jimmy Graham not getting his name called, Lockett out, and now we need to count on Kearse again. Now for the D, sorry state also, the backup for Earl will nEver replace him and I think that's the biggest deal at the moment, but aside from Sherm, our DB's look like the re-incarnation of Kelly Jennings. Sherm's stirring the pot, Graham looks pissed, Rawls ain't the answer, and IMO, Russ is nursing an injury to get through the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he needs some sort of surgery after the season. So what now? Well I don't think we've got enough firepower to beat anybody at the moment. So in my mind any wins will be a bonus, but I think it's all but over.
It's a bust for the folks that have "Quit" in their minds. <--------I'm not one of them.

It's a bust for people who actually have "high expectations" of them playing like a great team winning and super bowl rather than a crappy team that happened to get "hot" or "lucky" during the post season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a good problem to have as a sports fan of a team..............getting to root for a team like the Hawks that has the talent to win a SB every year.

The downside is anything but a SB is a bust. Sure feels like this season is headed towards bust, but it's premature to say now. So I'll reserve saying yes until we're out of the playoffs.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I have friends that are Giants fans. When they won the Superbowl in 2007 that was not a fun year for him. Hell, the Superbowl was not fun for him. His memories of the season are filled with disappointment. He did not run out about buy every DVD for the season. He was just glad that he could shut up people from Boston that was it. So yes if this team wins the Superbowl it will be cool but the season will still have memories of so much failure.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gc77amo said:
Scorpion05":1gc77amo said:
Good grief...

3. We lose Earl
4. We lose Lockett

Perspective. It's what's for dinner.

*hoedown music*
Well, we sure aren't going into the playoffs ultra confident like previous years. Maybe having an underdog mentality suits us this year.
Definitely a change in perspective...and moreso if we lose to los SC 49s.

OP
OP
S

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Every single NFC team making the playoffs is better than us this year! If you can't see that, your "12" goggles must be foggy. LOL, after reading through these posts I wish I shared the optimism. But like I said, let's get real, every single fan wishes and wants for their team to win some playoff games, of course I do too, but, no way we do unless something drastically changes in a week. Our D is out of sync, no way we're stopping anybody! Some of you still believe we may get the 2 seed? LOL, I'd say the chances are less than 5%! Some want to play Eli and the Giants, LOL, your hope is that they've been scoring less than 20? What do you suppose we're going to do to stop them? And what about our offense has you convinced we can score 10? We scored 3 against the Rams the first game, 5 against the bucs, tied with Arizona at 9 and then let Carson Palmer light us up! People are funny to me saying our division is weak this season, your damn right and the soft teams tied and beat us!! SAN Fran ain't a given either!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This "one and done" in the playoffs quip is getting old. What an ignorant statement/argument to make? No one here knows how many games we are going to win or lose in the playoffs. We do not know who we are even playing yet. This is the same garbage spewed out before the New England game.

If you want to say you don't have faith or make an argument on why you don't think it looks good for the team, fine but to act like an expert fortune teller against your own team is complete nonsense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3rzwv9xx said:
This "one and done" in the playoffs quip is getting old. What an ignorant statement/argument to make? No one here knows how many games we are going to win or lose in the playoffs. We do not know who we are even playing yet. This is the same garbage spewed out before the New England game.

If you want to say you don't have faith or make an argument on why you don't think it looks good for the team, fine but to act like an expert fortune teller against your own team is complete nonsense.

Hawks road record this year is 2-4-1, so it's not a stretch to say that our chances on the road in the playoffs is slim to get to a SB.

This isn't the 2013 Hawks where we had a nasty defense and #1 run game, two things that travel. Our defense isn't playing all that well, and we have no run game whatsoever.

So sorry if some of us sound like a Debbie Downer, but we're just being pragmatic. Can we win? Sure. Will we win? Not likely.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":254qisd1 said:
seahawkfreak":254qisd1 said:

Hawks road record this year is 2-4-1, so it's not a stretch to say that our chances on the road in the playoffs is slim to get to a SB.

This isn't the 2013 Hawks where we had a nasty defense and #1 run game, two things that travel. Our defense isn't playing all that well, and we have no run game whatsoever.

So sorry if some of us sound like a Debbie Downer, but we're just being pragmatic. Can we win? Sure. Will we win? Not likely.

No, I'm not calling out what you are saying. It is the for sure "one and done" belief. That is what I said, no?
Seahwkgal":254qisd1 said:
The season is not a bust. We won the division again. However, It is our worst season since 2011. One and done in the playoffs, however....They will make it close and give us hope during the game cause that is just what they do. :laugh:
I love this team though. The nail in the coffin for the SB window was the GB game. Our NFL record streak of not losing by more than 10 points was broke HARD. The end of an era for this D. Earl Thomas factor in a nutshell. Sigh. We need a serious stud on the OLine from the draft. NO MORE PROJECTS!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fair enough, but I've been on this board all day and I've yet to read more than one "one and done" post.

So not sure where you're seeing the posts from people thinking we won't even win a home playoff game. Most of the concern now is having to play 3 games AND go on the road for two of them.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":382bhk5z said:
Fair enough, but I've been on this board all day and I've yet to read more than one "one and done" post.

So not sure where you're seeing the posts from people thinking we won't even win a home playoff game. Most of the concern now is having to play 3 games AND go on the road for two of them.

I could post them but I didn't even want to post the last one so I guess it will do. The problem I see from taking this point of view is it prevents one from enjoying a playoff win if we do win one. You are basically saying, "yeah we got the first win but it doesn't matter, there is no chance we are winning anymore so why even bother". I mean, why even watch anymore games right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":34eukadq said:
Sgt. Largent":34eukadq said:

I could post them but I didn't even want to post the last one so I guess it will do. The problem I see from taking this point of view is it prevents one from enjoying a playoff win if we do win one. You are basically saying, "yeah we got the first win but it doesn't matter, there is no chance we are winning anymore so why even bother". I mean, why even watch anymore games right?

It's the downside of having such a great team that has SB aspirations..........when you don't get there, or in this case don't THINK you'll get there, you're bummed out.

That's where I'm at. I'm still hoping for the best, but I don't expect us to go past the first round with how poorly we're playing and all the terrible injuries. I just don't. Doesn't mean I'm a bad fan or being negative.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like the example you used..She doesn't mince words with those CAPS ha ha ..I get what he is saying and he is right on the enjoy part.We win one- it won't change Win two- same Win three-Oh I wanted them to win and was using reverse blah blah but I knew we'd do it!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1i6l7750 said:
seahawkfreak":1i6l7750 said:
Sgt. Largent":1i6l7750 said:

It's the downside of having such a great team that has SB aspirations..........when you don't get there, or in this case don't THINK you'll get there, you're bummed out.

That's where I'm at. I'm still hoping for the best, but I don't expect us to go past the first round with how poorly we're playing and all the terrible injuries. I just don't. Doesn't mean I'm a bad fan or being negative.

Yeah I get that disappointment. I was thinking this would be similar to our 2014 run except winning the SB. I probably still am hanging on the possibility of a late run and the only reason I have that is because of the Atlanta and New England games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
10-5-1 is a nice record if you're a team vying to turn into a contender, it's not the record you have in mind for a Super Bowl caliber roster. This team pissed away 4 games it had no business losing, then very big injuries hit at the worst time.. So yeah barring an unforeseen playoff run, this season feels like a wasted opportunity for me.