Geno Smith

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm don't want him as our backup QB . He will have to play magnificent the rest of the way to change my mind . I just don't think he's a good QB not even as a backup.

sutz

Reaction score
Lynch out-played him tonite. Have to see if that continues. If it does, he might not pass waivers for the PS.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
sutz":dxklynjz said:
Lynch out-played him tonite. Have to see if that continues. If it does, he might not pass waivers for the PS.

I kind of feel bad for Geno . Hopefully he can make it as a backup for another team . I'm going to leave it at that.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Geno looked flat...not dissimilar from his whole pro career.

Geno may have reportedly looked better in practice so far but game day is a different beast and Lynch came out with energy and confidence and it showed. Definitely want to see Paxton get 1st half work next game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Geno against backups compared to Lynch va backups to the backups

Let's see how Lynch does against regular backups :)

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Lynch by far was the best and made an impression I believe will keep him in the backup roll to Wilson... No Doubt! :irishdrinkers:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Geno looked like he was trying to play it safe. Lynch looked like a guy that wants to earn a roster spot. Interested to see if Lynch can keep playing well when not playing the Donkeys. I'm not impressed with Geno so far.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s only one half of preseason football, but Geno didn’t help himself and Lynch did.

Maulbert

Reaction score
nwHawk":1dra597m said:
Geno looked like he was trying to play it safe. Lynch looked like a guy that wants to earn a roster spot. Interested to see if Lynch can keep playing well when not playing the Donkeys. I'm not impressed with Geno so far.

So much this.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Lynch looked natural. Geno looked uncomfortable if I could compare it was like watching Tjack and Boykins going for back up Qb

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Lynch looked better in all phases of the game, even when pressured. He made quick decisions, and had a good sense of when pressure was bearing down on him. Geno by comparison looked lost, and at times confused. His accuracy was very bad, even with a clean pocket. I think Lynch also has more upside due to his age. Really not feeling Geno Smith.

McGruff

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3qkhjx2a said:
Lynch looked better in all phases of the game, even when pressured. He made quick decisions, and had a good sense of when pressure was bearing down on him. Geno by comparison looked lost, and at times confused. His accuracy was very bad, even with a clean pocket. I think Lynch also has more upside due to his age. Really not feeling Geno Smith.

Lynch looked like a Holmgren prospect. Drop, hit, throw. Quick and decisive.

xray

Reaction score
Smith played about like he is...not very good...Lynch surprised many of us ; mostly because we haven't seen him play .He is much more mobile than I imagined. He's still young and undeveloped ; with potential...Smith is most likely through ; especially with him being out the next couple preseason games . Lynch should be the backup .IMO

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Smith has been in this league long enough not to be that bad. He only had 3 completions the entire first half. He could complete barely 30% of his throws. That's not bad, it's abysmal. He may be better in practice but it doesn't matter if he can't translate that to game day.

sutz

Reaction score
xray":gwjkpbo0 said:
Smith played about like he is...not very good...Lynch surprised many of us ; mostly because we haven't seen him play .He is much more mobile than I imagined. He's still young and undeveloped ; with potential...Smith is most likely through ; especially with him being out the next couple preseason games . Lynch should be the backup .IMO
Did you hear something I didn't? Last I heard, Smith would be out 7-10 days. Next game is in 10 days. I don't see him missing two.

Other than that, I agree. Smith is playing catchup right now. Lynch would have PS eligibility, but it looks like we might not be able to sneak him through waivers if he keeps up his game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The biggest issue from last night's game from Geno was he did very little to help any of the receivers fighting for roster spots.

He gave DK a couple of deep chances where they couldn't connect. Everything else was meh

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I thought that time out of the spotlight and improving his trade through experience would show immediately. Geno Smith looked like Geno Smith, period. It was just one half of football for both Smith and Lynch but Lynch looked like Kaepernick before he needed maxi-pads. I had no idea that guy could move that well and release the ball so early with direction. Smith did exactly the opposite, no melody, no confidence. I hope the best for the guy but if this continues Lynch is going to be the solid number 2.

JPatera76

Reaction score
This is the Geno I expected and saw

geno-smith-fumbles-in-his-own-end-zone-against-titans.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":nj1i074u said:

We'll see how well Lynch does when he goes against the 1's and 2's of a good Vikings defense when he and Gino swap places next week after Russell runs the first couple of series.

I like what I saw with Lynch, but he was going against a very terrible Bronco 3rd and 4th string.