From a Vikes perspective .... what to expect

Polaris

Reaction score
I take strong issue with that. Yes the Vikings were hit with some bad calls, but to suggest that 21 of the 30 points they lost by was due to that simply stands reality on it's head. It's non-sense. At best, I'd say that a touchdown of Seattle's margin of victory was due to poor officiating and it DEFINITELY did not rise to the level of "being bent over". Go ask a Lion's fan what it's like to really be bent over by officiating.

Edit: Reading it again, I see you aren't saying that so my apologies. I still think that 10 points is too much to give to poor officiating and does not constitute being 'bent over'. In my mind 'being bent over' constitutes officiating so bad and blatant that it changes the outcome of a game. {See the phantom face-mask on Aaron Rodgers against the Lions.}

Mick063

Reaction score
I Like the Vikings.

They are a couple players away from an elite defense.

Too many teams give up on young quarterbacks too quickly. It takes time for the game to slow down. Stick with Teddy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It was 38-7

Let's say refs make better calls and its 31-10, or even 31-14. (neither of which would have been a fair reflection of the game that was played, regardless)

Is that really any different? Is it worth all this back and forth? Something here is not genuine

Polaris

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u9h9x8s said:
It was 38-7

Let's say refs make better calls and its 31-10, or even 31-14. (neither of which would have been a fair reflection of the game that was played, regardless)

Is that really any different? Is it worth all this back and forth? Something here is not genuine

Exactly

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Lol.. im at a loss. I guess reading my post is too much for you guys, or maybe the concepts arent simple enough. Try going past the first 2 lines and slow it down.

Pay attention, here is what I said in shorter sentences: a 3 to 10 point swing is what the officiating and lack of starters caused. Poor coaching and execution was maybe 21 or so. If they tighten up play and coaching like I have seen them do in most of their other games of late, then that 3 to 10 point swing could be a factor sunday.

This is my opinion obviously. You can disagree with it, but they are valid points regardless.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
To simplify it even further.

If we come out and play like we just did against the rams, and they come out and play like they just did against the packers, then 3 to 10 points could easily factor in to who wins this game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
johnnyfever":mrj45zzs said:
Lol.. im at a loss. I guess reading my post is too much for you guys, or maybe the concepts arent simple enough. Try going past the first 2 lines and slow it down.

Pay attention, here is what I said in shorter sentences: a 3 to 10 point swing is what the officiating and lack of starters caused. Poor coaching and execution was maybe 21 or so. If they tighten up play and coaching like I have seen them do in most of their other games of late, then that 3 to 10 point swing could be a factor sunday.

This is my opinion obviously. You can disagree with it, but they are valid points regardless.

So, suggest something that most people don't agree with. Condescend to those people. (throw in customary "LOL")

Brilliant. I'd expect the same hopeful supposition from any Viking fan. "If we can get the refs to make up 10 points, and the rest of our team to make up another 21, we will be right in this thing!"

Noone here is afraid of the team that played the Packers on Sunday night. Bad refs or not.

I don't expect 38-7. I do expect the Seahawks to win handily.

Only big plays from special teams, AP and the defense will keep it close

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I am not afraid of them either, but as per the OP's first post, just trying to have a discussion about factors in last game vs this game. And by the way, so far there are 3 people that have posted including yourself that dont agree with me, and 3 including myself that do if I remember correctly. Please dont overstate your position.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2xdzajc2 said:
I am not afraid of them either, but as per the OP's first post, just trying to have a discussion about factors in last game vs this game. And by the way, so far there are 3 people that have posted including yourself that dont agree with me, and 3 including myself that do if I remember correctly. Please dont overstate your position.

People agreed there were bad calls, not that they impacted the outcome of the game in a way that may be applied to the rematch.

Continue the condescension though... it's fun.

idahawks

Reaction score
Thanks vikes fan good reading.

I hope our team isn't as overconfident as the posters here. Anything can happen and the Vikings are a good team. Everyone including the media seems to be forgetting two short weeks ago we got our asses handed to us by a bottom tier team (rams). If the team shows up that lost to the rams twice, and eeked out a win against the cowboys we will be in for a long day. If the team shows up that played the vikes last time I think we'll be ok.

Weather will be a factor. For all you Seattleites that think the hawks are a cold weather team I have news for you 4 hrs standing outside at 0 degrees is not the same or even comparable to 38 degrees and rainy. The difference between 0 and 38 degrees is the same difference between 38 and 76 degrees. The weather will favor the defense and maybe the vikes. Either way it will be a good game. Our inconsistency is our worst enemy.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thank you for the insight Mr Vike Fan. I appreciate it. Hope the game goes on without ending with any injuries to any team member.

I have been to a local establishment nearby that has had a LOT of viking fans in all regalia....boots to horns on helmets and everything in between....near Boise Idaho. I have friends that are fans of both teams and Green Bay too. We live in a great society.

Go hawks.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
idahawks":3ixm76he said:
Thanks vikes fan good reading.

I hope our team isn't as overconfident as the posters here. Anything can happen and the Vikings are a good team. Everyone including the media seems to be forgetting two short weeks ago we got our asses handed to us by a bottom tier team (rams). If the team shows up that lost to the rams twice, and eeked out a win against the cowboys we will be in for a long day. If the team shows up that played the vikes last time I think we'll be ok.

Weather will be a factor. For all you Seattleites that think the hawks are a cold weather team I have news for you 4 hrs standing outside at 0 degrees is not the same or even comparable to 38 degrees and rainy. The difference between 0 and 38 degrees is the same difference between 38 and 76 degrees. The weather will favor the defense and maybe the vikes. Either way it will be a good game. Our inconsistency is our worst enemy.

Very selective memories at times on this site. I am always an optomist, and don't even participate in the aros prediction thread because I can't pick against them, even when the odds stacked heavily against us. Hell I don't even play fantasy leagues with my buddies as there is too many conflicts of interest.

I'm a 3rd generation hawks fan, but as I have a heavy math and science background am also very objective. I'm stunned a lot of the time at the lack of critical, logical objective thought by some folks.

hawk45

Reaction score
Vikes did get bent over by officiating and more even calls would certainly help their cause this Sunday.

The bad calls came right when the Vikes were on the ropes and ended what small hope remained at that point.

Now I think we would have beaten them anyhow, and I think we will beat them this Sunday, but timing of the calls is as much a factor as points that directly tie to the calls.

The logic here seems to be that it isn't worthy of mention if it wouldn't have - on its own - resulted in a win for Minnesota. This thread is about listing factors that could possibly have an effect, large and small, and officiating definitely belongs there.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
hawk45":17tf55yr said:
Vikes did get bent over by officiating and more even calls would certainly help their cause this Sunday.

The bad calls came right when the Vikes were on the ropes and ended what small hope remained at that point.

Now I think we would have beaten them anyhow, and I think we will beat them this Sunday, but timing of the calls is as much a factor as points that directly tie to the calls.

The logic here seems to be that it isn't worthy of mention if it wouldn't have - on its own - resulted in a win for Minnesota. This thread is about listing factors that could possibly have an effect, large and small, and officiating definitely belongs there.

Attachments

• bringo.jpg
    bringo.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 566

Vikes45

Reaction score
Great post SFVikefan (he's a great poster on Purple Thoughts)..

I just wanted to add that I think the thing to remember is that those 3 defensive leaders all tried to start the game and all dropped out early in the 1st qtr which moved everyone around and guys who didn't prepare to start played the entire game.

The next game against AZ on the road without those 3 guys we only lost to the Cards by 3 so I think that is a factor.

The weather I think is going to be shocking to the players on both sides. Whichever team can get 1st downs by passing and stop the run will see success, but -25 windchill is going to be brutal. No one knows what to expect.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
15 is cold, zero and your snot freezes when you breath. Im in eastern washington and we usually get a week or 2 of zero degree ish weather. Years ago when I was coming up in the construction trades, We wouldn't work when it got to zero as metal would crack on saws if it got hit right, electric motors on hand tools were super sluggish, etc.

Basically what I'm saying is zero is bullshiit and I do not envy fans or the players in that game. Too much of a baby these days I guess.

Vikes45

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2xn2hr8u said:
15 is cold, zero and your snot freezes when you breath. Im in eastern washington and we usually get a week or 2 of zero degree ish weather. Years ago when I was coming up in the construction trades, We wouldn't work when it got to zero as metal would crack on saws if it got hit right, electric motors on hand tools were super sluggish, etc.

Basically what I'm saying is zero is bullshiit and I do not envy fans or the players in that game. Too much of a baby these days I guess.

You and me both, I used to work outside all year around. I don't miss it a bit. I remember getting home and turning the heat up in the house to 74. Everyone would be complaining but it would take me hours to really warm up after working 10,12, 16 hours in zero or colder.

This will be a great experience for fans, will be something to remember but this is exactly the reason the Vikes are an indoor team now. I would prefer they built an outdoor stadium like Lambeau Field but they have to pay the bills and sell tickets and in Minneapolis, people are just not up to dealing with sitting outside in that weather like they did in the 60's and 70's.

SkolVikes

Reaction score
Dizzlepdx":d8x35nub said:
johnnyfever":d8x35nub said:
The one thing no one is talking about as far as the last vikes game. The refs seriously bent them over. The whole time I was watching it I felt bad for them, as we are normally the ones on the bad side of calls. I haven't seen a game that poorly officiated for that length of time in forever. We will win, but the refs won't be bringing that many presents on sunday.

Completely disagree, at least when the game was still anywhere near salvageable. From what I saw there were 3 bad calls in the first half-

1)Illegal contact against Wright when Bridgewater had left the pocket. Would have been 4th down.
2)Holding against the CB who was covering Lockett, would have been 4th down.
3)Personal Foul on Minny DL for holding onto RW's foot after whistle blew, but RW still fighting. Would have been 3rd and long, but in FG range.

Were there some egregious calls in the 2nd half, yes. But as others have said, it was already over.

That call on roughing the passer where they said Robison held on too long even though Wilson was still trying to run was complete BS. I mean Wilson actually ran 20 yards down field long after the whistle blew. That penalty changed the whole game imo, it would have been a very long field goal if that sack had counted, instead you guys scored a td.
I was sitting second row 40 yard line and I have never heard a stadium so loud with boos after that penalty.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
johnnyfever":14su2xkq said:

Playing in cold weather in and of itself is not that big of a deal. Wind and rain is much worse in terms of affecting a teams gameplan.