Perspective

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I had avoided this forum since the loss last week. It should be fairly obvious to those who are paying attention to this flow of this forum. In a nutshell we barely lost to a good team from issues that are fixable. But of course the sky will fall with every loss and bring on the Super Bowl with every win. It’s crazy how in the beginning of the season people predict 5-7 losses this season but whenever they do lose its “they will never win another game….Geno is a hack…etc.” We won today but it definitely had some ugliness in that win. What does that mean. Nothing. Its football. Lots of parity in this league. The bad teams really are never that bad and the good team are never as dominate as records often show. I feel this team is talented enough in all three phases to win any given game. The issue is can they do it consistently? I hope so and will be rooting for them.

NoGain

Reaction score
I remember when the sky is falling crowd were out in full force after the opening game loss against the Rams. I remember saying...but if we win 4 or 5 of the next 6 games and are 4-3 or 5-2, wouldn't you have to admit that things are really not that bad, especially being such a young team? A few said answered affirmatively.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Today’s game reminded me A LOT of the game last week at Cincinnati. The only real difference is we won this week. Both weeks the defense played really good ball and the offense played really well until they got into scoring position. If we could have finished drives we’d have won big both weeks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers, OP. The truth is, no team is as good as you think they are, or as bad as you think they are. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. That's the reality. Parity is the language of the NFL and quite frankly there really isn't that much of a difference between a 1-5 team or a 5-1 team other than luck and good coaching. The fact is, the talent on each team is pretty damn close to one another.

I think the Seahawks are an 11-6 type team. What does that mean in October? Literally nothing at all. Stay healthy, stay lucky, and you might end up where you want to be in January.

strohmin

Reaction score
I had avoided this forum since the loss last week. It should be fairly obvious to those who are paying attention to this flow of this forum. In a nutshell we barely lost to a good team from issues that are fixable. But of course the sky will fall with every loss and bring on the Super Bowl with every win. It’s crazy how in the beginning of the season people predict 5-7 losses this season but whenever they do lose its “they will never win another game….Geno is a hack…etc.” We won today but it definitely had some ugliness in that win. What does that mean. Nothing. Its football. Lots of parity in this league. The bad teams really are never that bad and the good team are never as dominate as records often show. I feel this team is talented enough in all three phases to win any given game. The issue is can they do it consistently? I hope so and will be rooting for them.
Well Its not the talent. The team makes alot of good plays but makes a few horrible plays that ruin and pretty much negate the good plays. Pete has never had these issues fixed. Plus we were playing a horrible team. This should have been an easy blowout.

Rat

Reaction score
The Cards are trotting out one of the least talented rosters the league has seen in some time. I hope Pete is embarrassed that the team let them hang around so long. The fact that the Cards have been competitive a lot of weeks tells us that, sadly, they probably hit on their coaching hire. They already have a top-10 QB that they'd be wise to keep out for now. I hope they win a few games because Kyler Murray to Marvin Harrison Jr would be like Warner to Fitzgerald on steroids, and we have to play them twice a year.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The Cards are trotting out one of the least talented rosters the league has seen in some time. I hope Pete is embarrassed that the team let them hang around so long. The fact that the Cards have been competitive a lot of weeks tells us that, sadly, they probably hit on their coaching hire. They already have a top-10 QB that they'd be wise to keep out for now. I hope they win a few games because Kyler Murray to Marvin Harrison Jr would be like Warner to Fitzgerald on steroids, and we have to play them twice a year.
Did you just call Kyler Murray a top ten quarterback? For real?

BChawkfan

Reaction score
This game was only close because of turnovers. Lucky for us they couldnt capitalize on them

Seahawker

Reaction score
We survived,
A Geno INT & fumble
A Dee Jay fumble
A Witherspoon sack called back
A Witherspoon INT called back
They battled with grit & energy.

Nice challenge by Pete on the Bobo TD!

Rat

Reaction score
Did you just call Kyler Murray a top ten quarterback? For real?
Yes. A healthy Murray is an MVP candidate, one of two in our division, and neither of them are Geno, who is closer to being the fifth-best QB in the NFC West than the third.

NoGain

Reaction score
Murray as an MVP candidate seems a bit of a stretch to me. He's a great athlete, runs well, eludes well, has a good arm. But there's a lot more to being a top NFL QB than that. Leadership, knowing the playbook, work ethic, decision making, and more go into it.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
🤣

Jville

Reaction score
Yes. A healthy Murray is an MVP candidate, one of two in our division, and neither of them are Geno, who is closer to being the fifth-best QB in the NFC West than the third.

At this point in time, Kyler Murray is a rehab and reclamation project. Who ...... can find inspiration in the Geno Smith story.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
MVP candidates are Mahomes, Tua, and Stafford with Jackson and Lawence as outsiders. Allen, Hurts and Rodgers ar ealso MVP material but have been out of form this season or injured. Pre injury Murrey was below all of them maybe int eh 10-12 area Geno might be a few placeds lower , around half way but FAR FAR beter than the likes of either Wilson, Mac Jones, Ridder, Minshew, Taylor, Young Love, Picket and Garrapollo that some teams have as a starter.

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We survived,
A Geno INT & fumble
A Dee Jay fumble
A Witherspoon sack called back
A Witherspoon INT called back
They battled with grit & energy.

Nice challenge by Pete on the Bobo TD!
Didn’t he win two challenges today? I thought he had one in the first half as well.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think with a better qb this team could be really dangerous.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Niners gave up more points to the Cardinals.

Jville

Reaction score
This game was only close because of turnovers. Lucky for us they couldnt capitalize on them

NFL Research: The Seahawks lost the turnover battle 3-0 versus the Cardinals. This marked the first time the Seahawks won a game with a turnover margin of -3 or worse since Week 9 of the 2013 season.

Latest posts