Eskridge suspended

keasley45

Reaction score
This will be the mail in his coffin as far as his nfl career is concerned. Dude stank ass anyways

The Hawks have known about this since it happened. If they were going to cut him, I *think* they would have done it already. And if they do cut him, the guy has so much raw talent that someone would pick him up, for sure.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The Hawks have known about this since it happened. If they were going to cut him, I *think* they would have done it already. And if they do cut him, the guy has so much raw talent that someone would pick him up, for sure.
Yeah but is he worth keeping around with how loaded we are at receiver? Even Dareke Young clears his ass by a mile

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Eskridge was supposedly having a good camp. Almost every year, we seem to be 'loaded' with WRs. Then weirdly, about halfway through the year we are scrambling for WRs. Given how this seems to go, I'd rather have him than not have him. But to be fair, he usually isn't available anyway.

It isn't unexpected to lose him, but if he was finally producing (and WRs can often take 2-3 years to blossom into consistent producers anyway) then it's still probably a loss.

As far as the DV thing? We've seen enough people get railroaded into DV charges or accusations, then find out the allegations were inflated or invented. Hell, half the time the other part is at fault or is running some scheme to punish the guy. I've stopped caring if it is DV now. If someone is seriously abusing their SO, nobody wants to cheer for that or wants that person on their team. That's vile. But as a good % of the time the accusations don't align with the reality uncovered later? I'd rather wait to see what the truth ends up being. Not enough reason to cut him.
(Ask the Bills how jumping the gun on accusations works out for you. Not having that punter screwed them. Giving the opposition long fields every drive likely would have made a difference in the playoffs for them.)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Eskridge was arrested in February after an incident with his child’s mother. Misdemeanor charges were filed and Eskridge entered into an agreement with prosecutors that calls for him to complete a course of domestic violence moral recognition therapy.

Eskridge has started that therapy and the charges will be dropped in 12 months as long as he completes it. The statement closes by saying Eskridge “deeply regrets any embarrassment this incident has caused his family, the Seahawks and the NFL.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...skridge-suspension-stems-from-february-arrest

Thanks for the info. calling it "an incident" instead of stating what it was gives me the feeling that they yada yada'd over the best part (sorry for the Seinfeld reference)

Polk738

Reaction score
We have a pretty long list of draft busts though. Many of which haven't done much (if anything). I just don't see him as even a top 5 worst pick. YMMV
It is a long list, I won't even disagree with that but considering what the Seahawks could've had (ahem Creed Humphrey) and what Eskridge has been that is a BIG whiff IMO

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It is a long list, I won't even disagree with that but considering what the Seahawks could've had (ahem Creed Humphrey) and what Eskridge has been that is a BIG whiff IMO
Oluwatimi is having a solid rookie camp

toffee

Reaction score
the guy has so much raw talent that someone would pick him up, for sure.
Based on stuff that I have read on him, "RAW" is the keyword, he has been slow in learning the playbook, slow in learning how to lineup, slow in getting himself insyn with Geno. Sounded very much like he either has learning disabilities or his mind has been on something else.

Fade

Reaction score
I am honestly baffled why he wasn't cut after the draft. The Seahawks knew this was pending.

Why is he worth all of this trouble when at best he is the #4? That's at best, as I personally don't think he is the 4th best receiver on the team. All while taking reps away from receivers that can actually contribute and build with.

It makes no sense.

"He was a 2nd rd pick," is not a viable answer. It's just doubling down on the mistake and makes things worse.

An actual football reason, it makes no sense.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
So do Dan McGwire, Aaron Curry, and Malik McDowell.
Eskridge was supposedly having a good camp. Almost every year, we seem to be 'loaded' with WRs. Then weirdly, about halfway through the year we are scrambling for WRs. Given how this seems to go, I'd rather have him than not have him. But to be fair, he usually isn't available anyway.

It isn't unexpected to lose him, but if he was finally producing (and WRs can often take 2-3 years to blossom into consistent producers anyway) then it's still probably a loss.

As far as the DV thing? We've seen enough people get railroaded into DV charges or accusations, then find out the allegations were inflated or invented. Hell, half the time the other part is at fault or is running some scheme to punish the guy. I've stopped caring if it is DV now. If someone is seriously abusing their SO, nobody wants to cheer for that or wants that person on their team. That's vile. But as a good % of the time the accusations don't align with the reality uncovered later? I'd rather wait to see what the truth ends up being. Not enough reason to cut him.
(Ask the Bills how jumping the gun on accusations works out for you. Not having that punter screwed them. Giving the opposition long fields every drive likely would have made a difference in the playoffs for them.)
It's good to believe both sides in a DV situation and then find the truth, but in this case he went straight into a DV program to avoid the charges. So it sounds like he is actually guilty of it and will be charged if he fails his program. I think it's safe to believe the charges in this instance.

NoGain

Reaction score
I had somewhere very close to zero expectations for him this year.

rcaido

Reaction score
Creed Humphrey Creed Humphrey Creed Humphrey

What a waste. Dude cant catch a break.

Will Geno get punishment for violating conduct. Probably if we are close to the playoff or threatening to beat a legacy team.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I've been just as discouraged as the next guy with the lack luster production from the kid. Hearing he was having a good camp though, I was rooting for the kid.

bileever

Reaction score
This may be a blessing in disguise. Now we have room for both Dareke Young and Jake Bobo or another rookie like Matt Landers or CJ Johnson. By the time Eskridge can return, we may need another WR due to injury or because the rookies aren't producing.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
This may be a blessing in disguise. Now we have room for both Dareke Young and Jake Bobo or another rookie like Matt Landers or CJ Johnson. By the time Eskridge can return, we may need another WR due to injury or because the rookies aren't producing.
This is exactly what I was thinking, 100%. I have nothing personally against the guy but I think it would better to invest in our future WR's instead of giving reps to someone who most likely is gone after this season.

Latest posts