Any D'Wayne Eskridge news?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think his return to the roster is similar to players coming off of injured reserve. There is a roster exemption available of two or three weeks to get into football shape. He's off of suspension now. So that roster exemption period begins now.

Two weeks from now seems reasonable.

Thanks. I knew they did it for people coming back from injuries, but I didn't know if they allowed it for suspensions. Assuming you're correct, then i would be highly surprised if we made him active before we actually have to unless we have a bad streak of injuries.

I know people would like to see us trade him and I wouldn't mind getting a pick for him, but I think we may have to release him if we don't have a spot open up for him, because I just don't see a market for him. Honestly I wasn't sure he'd make the team this season.

Torc

Reaction score
My prediction given the latest injury news is Nwosu to IR and Eskridge to the roster at least for a couple weeks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
My prediction given the latest injury news is Nwosu to IR and Eskridge to the roster at least for a couple weeks.

Pete likes to let guys stay in the exempt zone when they've been out this long. I don't see him doing more than practice for now. But I've been wrong before (many times)

kidhawk

Reaction score
He is back
Looks like Jville was correct in that we get an exemption meaning we don’t have to sleep space to activate hi just yet. Wii be interesting to see how this plays out.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Looks like Jville was correct in that we get an exemption meaning we don’t have to sleep space to activate hi just yet. Wii be interesting to see how this plays out.
So he can practice with the team?

LTH

Reaction score
I want to know who they are going to cut to get McIntosh on the 53?

LTH

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If and a huge 'if' D'Wayne start balling, that opens the door to our cheap WR corp of Bobo, JSN, and Eskridge.

But nether JSN and Especially Eskridge has show enough.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
But nether JSN and Especially Eskridge has shown enough.
You're lumping JSN with Eskridge... WOW.

JSN's game is just getting started and last week (4 catches off 7 targets for 63 yards and a TD) was just a taste of what is to come now that Cross is back at LT and with Abe Lucas eligible to come off IR. Hopefully, he makes it back to the field soon.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

JSN's game is just getting started and last week (4 catches off 7 targets for 63 yards and a TD) was just a taste of what is to come now that Cross is back at LT and with Abe Lucas eligible to come off IR. Hopefully, he makes it back to the field soon.
JSN has underwhelmed so far, there are many reasons behind his performance. But he hasn't been playing like the first WR picked from the draft.

Eskridge played poorly with the Hawks and has been injury magnet.

sutz

Reaction score

Technically, Eskridge is just getting started as well. He's played in what? 6 games so far? Not much more experienced than Bobo is. 🤷‍♂️

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure how long the roster exemption is?

Hawkstorian believed it would be two weeks.

Not sure with the allegations against him of domestic violence that the team will be all that interested in keeping him. He could be a player that could be packaged along with other consideration for a player at a position of need as our WR group is strong and he is now surplus to needs. I suppose all will be revealed in due time.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

Not sure with the allegations against him of domestic violence that the team will be all that interested in keeping him. He could be a player that could be packaged along with other consideration for a player at a position of need as our WR group is strong and he is now surplus to needs. I suppose all will be revealed in due time.
And Pete was talking him up in camp, so he was either good or Pete was getting him ready for trade.

sutz

Reaction score

I believe the Times said this morning that it was only one week. Need a rule check here.