Any D'Wayne Eskridge news?

toffee

Reaction score
Any news on our Eskridge? He was suspended for six games, is he rejoining the team?

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I think there is an arguement that he maybe the odd man out and maybe a nice trade bait candidate

knownone

Reaction score
They have to see something in this guy for him to still be on the roster. So, hopefully, he can find a role whenever he comes back.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think what happens to Elridge may rely on how long they expect DK to miss. I believe his suspension should be over so we should have news in some form this week.

If he were to return inwoikdnt expect him to play right away. Pete would want him to show himself to be on “game shape” before playing.

sutz

Reaction score
No hurry right now. Even with DK nicked up, we're not going to carry 7 WR on the roster. ;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
No hurry right now. Even with DK nicked up, we're not going to carry 7 WR on the roster. ;)

I don’t believe we have an option. Once the suspension is over, which I believe is today or tomorrow depending how they count the week, we have to do something with him. I don’t know if they might be able to get an approval to put him on an exempt list for a week or two but I doubt they allow that with suspensions.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He hasn't been practicing while suspended due to NFL rules, so I'll be shocked to see him on the field before we host the Commanders on Nov. 11th... three weeks from yesterday.

Torc

Reaction score
Someone will have to be released or moved to the practice squad (and then probably someone released from the PS). I'm confident that Bobo won't be dropped to the PS. Pretty sure he'd get snagged instantly by another team.

I wouldn't be shocked if they shop Eskridge around and release him if they don't find a taker for a trade.

Jville

Reaction score
I don’t believe we have an option. Once the suspension is over, which I believe is today or tomorrow depending how they count the week, we have to do something with him. I don’t know if they might be able to get an approval to put him on an exempt list for a week or two but I doubt they allow that with suspensions.

I think his return to the roster is similar to players coming off of injured reserve. There is a roster exemption available of two or three weeks to get into football shape. He's off of suspension now. So that roster exemption period begins now.

Two weeks from now seems reasonable.