Pete Carrol says he will RETURN next season!!!

GemCity

Reaction score
There won’t be much change after the draft.
Pete’s not going to take a QB near the end of his tenure. I fully expect Geno and Lock back.
Lots of trading back..to fill the numerous holes this team has.

hawks85

Reaction score
Now is the time for Jody to actually make a pro football decision. She needs to get rid of all the coaches, everybody and bring in fresh faces. I'm sick of this and so is the fanbase. We want change, we deserve change. Pete is to God damn old and Hurtt and Waldron are just incompetent.

seabowl

Reaction score
Change the thread title please as it’s misleading

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah I can agree with this. Pete is the one who got us into the terrible cap situation with two of the worst safeties in the league.
And even though I’m ready to move on I can understand people wanting Pete until we’re forced not to. This is going to feel like an insult but it’s not, he’s like a rich man’s Jeff Fisher. He has massive blind spots but he does enough stuff right to get you to 9-10 wins every year

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I remember my Dad at 73 and despite being fit and healthy, I’d never trust him to make big important decisions. Pete’s gotten to that stage. Energy is one thing, mental flexibility to solve problems is a different skill. The two don’t correlate.

morgulon1

Reaction score
And even though I’m ready to move on I can understand people wanting Pete until we’re forced not to. This is going to feel like an insult but it’s not, he’s like a rich man’s Jeff Fisher. He has massive blind spots but he does enough stuff right to get you to 9-10 wins every year
I had the exact same thought. Look how long Fisher was able to hang on .

jeremiah

Reaction score
I remember my Dad at 73 and despite being fit and healthy, I’d never trust him to make big important decisions. Pete’s gotten to that stage. Energy is one thing, mental flexibility to solve problems is a different skill. The two don’t correlate.
My dad painted houses until he was 76, climbing up and down ladders carrying equipment around and cracking joke. By the time he was 78 years and 355 days old, then he passed. A strong vital man, like Pete. He was a Nuclear Electrician, trusted to work around Reactors and the Generators on board Carriers. Not after 68 though, he retired because younger people were more energetic and better trained. Pete NEEDS TO GO...

cymatica

Reaction score
How many assistants have came to work for Peter only to be thrown onto the trash heap of history? Maybe it is relationship Coach Carroll?
I don't disagree, but if we are stuck with Pete then I'd rather see him hand the defense over to an up and comer outside of the organization

Jville

Reaction score
Great news guys! Pete Carrol is coming back for a 15th season. He announced it on the radio today. This is huge we'd be lost without him.

I'm always going to be for bringing back the winningest coach in franchise history who won our sole Super Bowl

Outstanding!!!!

I don't know that Pete Carroll is actually replaceable.

One of a kind!!!!

GemCity

Reaction score
Outstanding!!!!

I don't know that Pete Carroll is actually replaceable.

One of a kind!!!!
Maybe we should get an AI robot HC, modeled and trained on data dating back to Pete’s USC days, so when he actually retires, he’s not really gone.

Like…it’ll be 2025 or 2026.

Attachments

• IMG_7367.jpeg
    IMG_7367.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Seahawker

Reaction score
Maybe we should get an AI robot HC, modeled and trained on data dating back to Pete’s USC days, so when he actually retires, he’s not really gone.

Like…it’ll be 2025 or 2026.
Can AI coach and chew gum at the same time?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
1. Title is a bit misleading, I agree.

2. Why is Hurtt still here? If he's still in the DC position for next season, I really will consider joining the Fire Pete parade.

xray

Reaction score
This market is excited about the return of a senile old man, which ensures another season of going absolutely nowhere. This fan base is a huge part of the problem.
^
Yep...I think the ' savvy ' organizations listen to the fan base to a certain extent . It's a business that's all about money of course . If the die-hard homers keep buying season tickets ; and if enough other fans keep the seats filled with their asses ; the organization will assume that the fans are satisfied with the results ; and will probably make no drastic changes . " squeaky wheel get the grease ." Many fans are thrilled with a 9-8 season .

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
If he is coming back but firing both coordinators can we fire them like TODAY? Can he not drag this out for weeks so we're left with the scraps when finding a replacement. Same thing with Bevell/Cable/Richards when they took weeks to make an obvious decision.