Geno to train with dee Eskridge privately after otas

Mick063

Reaction score
For every person that has a gripe about Geno.

I counter it with this..........

He is a team player. I LOVE team players. No entourage of paid worshippers that were hired to stroke his ego. Just a lunch pail guy who is leading by example. He doesn't think in terms of making himself great, he thinks in terms of making his team great. The world doesn't have enough Geno Smiths.

chris98251

Reaction score
Read a while back Dee has a learning disability of sorts, this could be Geno helping in more ways then just being a guy throwing the ball, but a Tutor for the offense, article said they are doing lots of film study as well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Read a while back Dee has a learning disability of sorts, this could be Geno helping in more ways then just being a guy throwing the ball, but a Tutor for the offense, article said they are doing lots of film study as well.
I mean no disrespect to those with learning disabilities as I have one myself, but...

Shouldn't this have been a concern for the front office when scouting him? Isn't that something they could've and should've caught up on, especially since they utilized their top pick on him that year in the 2nd?
And did the team find a tutor for him, or just let him sink or swim?

What a disappointment this player has become. I don't know what he's like off the field, I'm sure he's nice..but ffs they had Creed Humphrey right there in their hands like Captain Smith holding an iceberg warning, and they just threw that opportunity away. What a tragedy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm 51 now (yikes) and have been watching football for most of my life.

Never has there been player that I once viewed with such apathy and irrelevance transform himself into one I respect with the utmost reverence and admiration to the same tune and as quickly as Geno Smith.

No delusions of grandeur, no self promotion. Just the desire to be a better version of himself.

Regardless of what's in store on the field this year, I have nothing but respect for the man.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm 51 now (yikes) and have been watching football for most of my life.

Never has there been player that I once viewed with such apathy and irrelevance transform himself into one I respect with the utmost reverence and admiration to the same tune and as quickly as Geno Smith.

No delusions of grandeur, no self promotion. Just the desire to be a better version of himself.

Regardless of what's in store on the field this year, I have nothing but respect for the man.
Funny how both Russ & Geno managed to turn their reputations around. One came into the league coming off as a humble family man, then managed to turn into enough of a diva to make Paris Hilton jealous, and as for Geno, he gained a rep of a locker room cancer after his teammate broke his jaw, but has turned into the guy that takes his teammates into the press conference with him, takes a team friendly deal, takes personal time to gain chemistry with his receivers, etc...

sutz

Reaction score
Good for Geno, though. He's clearly dedicated to putting the work in.
Geno knows that the better his receivers do, the better he looks. Eskridge came in with a rep for having speed and quickness, which he hasn't shown much of, largely for lack of availability. If we can keep him on the field (game and practice fields, that is) and develop that speed and quickness he could be a weapon. It still wouldn't suprise me if he doesn't make the final cut, but I'd love to see him do well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely has some legit skills. Some guys just take longer to get rolling. Freak injuries happen. I'm just not ready to give up on the guy at all.
He is capable of contributing imo. Come on Dee, prove people wrong. Just like Geno did.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I love how he's been working with Eskridge, AND not posting it on social media to show what a hard worker he is.
Geno does post here and there about his workouts. But most of the time, DK and Quandre Diggs, ends up roasting and teasing Geno.

It’s pretty hilarious.

But we all know they tease and poke fun of him cause they love Geno. And Geno takes it well.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Funny how both Russ & Geno managed to turn their reputations around. One came into the league coming off as a humble family man, then managed to turn into enough of a diva to make Paris Hilton jealous, and as for Geno, he gained a rep of a locker room cancer after his teammate broke his jaw, but has turned into the guy that takes his teammates into the press conference with him, takes a team friendly deal, takes personal time to gain chemistry with his receivers, etc...
Wilson, the most successful QB, but Geno, may just be the most loved QB.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Last fall up at Whistler, just before the season started, some fellow Hawk fans stepped onto a hotel elevator with my wife and I. Sarcastically I started chanting "Geno Geno Geno" and that got a laugh from all. I don't think too many are laughing now. I saw Geno as little more than a stopgap but he has now found his way into my heart. Win or lose...I'm behind Geno Smith. I'm not yet at the crying Terrell Owens stage of "That's my quarterback, man" but close enough. I'd trade 10 Russel Wilsons for this guy. And as sacrilegious as they may sound, I'd rather lose with a Geno Smith than win with a douche like Russell Wilson.

keasley45

Reaction score
He absolutely has some legit skills. Some guys just take longer to get rolling. Freak injuries happen. I'm just not ready to give up on the guy at all.
He is capable of contributing imo. Come on Dee, prove people wrong. Just like Geno did.
Yup. You can see it in his limited playing time. He's got that uncommon quickness and carries a little bit of Tate's tenacity. If he can get through whatever disability he has and finally pick up the play book (and stay on the field to use it), he could be an x factor this year.

Put it this way - if he clicks with Geno and stays healthy, defenses HAVE to account for him. No doubt. And as our wrs go, that's just 1 too many dynamic guys to have to cover.

Coach him up, Geno.

PS. This could also be the Hawks pumping up a player to boost his trade value. Hoping it's not and he's finally going to stick.

Latest posts