End of an era....

bighawk

Reaction score
Fix it by putting money into established players and not experimental players. Change the scheme to a power scheme. Anything is better than what we are doing on the line.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If you look at the Patriots model closely you see that only Tom Brady and Bill Belichek have egos. Anyone else who develops an ego larger than the teams gets shipped out pronto. The Hawks carry an awful lot of egos for one team.

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
End of an era?? Did RW, Sherman, Kam, Earl, Bennett, Rawls, Baldwin, Ifedi, KJ, Wagner, Lane all retire?

We just need a better line. We are fine. Only one team wins the SB each year in case everyone forgot.

nash72

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":13vf4cp3 said:
Well, in a season where he was badly injured for about 6 games, had basically zero consistency at the RB position due to many things...Russell didn't really take any more sacks than he has the previous 4 years. This with two rookies at tackle and the defense pinned back ready to roll. Several games with only one sack. Wasn't as bad as it seemed; fortunately we have a few spots there figured out for a good period of time.

True story.

Seriously? Your bringing up the offensive line? That's true desperation right there. Britt is the only semi serviceable lineman we have. Gilliam, Sowell, Fant, Odhiambo, Ifedi, and Glowinski are all freaking horrible. To say otherwise is clearly being a homer or delusional.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3bv1rpkr said:
Melodramatic.

You got that right ^^, if he keeps running around like that?, someone needs to take the scissors out of his hands. :lol:
We came out ON TOP of the NFC WEST, and are a few tweaks away from running the table, , , Again.
It might be that Pete needs to hold his assistant Coaches to some accountability and a smattering of the same standards as he holds his players to....Something in the Pete Carroll system needs to be rejuvenated.

4DaBirds

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1yy8c6pm said:
We had a good run. Ultimately just a other team who popped for one ring nothing else.

I wouldn't say that it's the end of an era. The Seahawks are still the class of the NFC West, and that's not likely to change for next season. You guy's team is a perennial contender and has consistently been showing up in the playoffs for years now, and with just a tweak or two, will be right back there at the top again. Today did not go the Seahawks way, but it is no reason to think that this team is still not very talented or motivated to get back to the SB. I would think the Seahawks players will be even more motivated than ever after today. You guys have some cap space, to upgrade the OL, which seems to be what is really needed. I think Rawls is good, but I'd look to draft another hard runner, and above all else, this team needs to start using Jimmy Graham a lot more, as he is a match up nightmare for most teams. Look you still have a very good QB, who is young and bright...all he needs is a good OL, and another playmaker, and your offense will be trending in the right direction.

I know you guys are disappointed, and that's understandable, but you have it better than most fans of other teams. Most of all, the NFL is entertainment and nothing more. Your lives will go on, and there will be another season to look forward too.

I've had a good time chatting with some of you this week, and I'll be lurking around from time to time. Peace Out!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
If the rest of the NFC West didn't sucked even worse we would have had this discussion in December.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
These are the times that weed out the true fans. Some of you act like spoiled children, its no wonder so many dislike Hawk fans. Can't wait til all you Bandwagoneers go back to whatever team you rooted for before 2012.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Make no mistake we'll continue to be competitive, but folks are blind homers if they can't see a visible decline. Some players are older and are losing a half step or more. In other areas such as our defensive schemes and alignments, offenses have caught up to us and exploiting our soft zones. Our offensive ideology and so-called identity need to be addressed-are we a ground and pound team with Rawls leading the way or are we a 60% pass team like this year?

It also comes down to a matter of perspective. Many on this board are seemingly satisfied with 10-6 type seasons and 2nd round exits. They view this as a "successful" season and how dare anyone question our coaches who won us a title 4 years past entering next season. Perhaps these fans are akin to college fans who view 8-4 Sun Bowl appearances as "great seasons." These fans view others' frustration as being "spoiled and greedy" or "be happy we're not the Browns."

Other fans like myself appreciate and are indeed grateful for our consistency these last 5 years because we endured so much worse decades past, but are questioning the maximization of the talent we do have and the urgency needed to seize this era because it can't last forever. There's no guarantee we will be able to reload each season and there's simply an indescribable feeling of destiny altered and disappointment if we fail to win a 2nd title based on the talent here.

We're obviously still a good, solid team but the last 2 years have proven we're not championship caliber right now and that's where much underlying frustration lies.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
nash72":1jxkqepo said:
LoneHawkFan":1jxkqepo said:
Well, in a season where he was badly injured for about 6 games, had basically zero consistency at the RB position due to many things...Russell didn't really take any more sacks than he has the previous 4 years. This with two rookies at tackle and the defense pinned back ready to roll. Several games with only one sack. Wasn't as bad as it seemed; fortunately we have a few spots there figured out for a good period of time.

True story.

Seriously? Your bringing up the offensive line? That's true desperation right there. Britt is the only semi serviceable lineman we have. Gilliam, Sowell, Fant, Odhiambo, Ifedi, and Glowinski are all freaking horrible. To say otherwise is clearly being a homer or delusional.

But it is definitely true what I said. He has taken more sacks in his career than he did this season. Those years were with far more experienced lines playing injury free; I think the line will be back for the most part and next year will be a lot better. I think they move Fant to the right side, work the shot out of him in the offseason on technique, and he competes w Gilliam Reed O at RT. I think they go get a high level LT somehow and roll with it.

RussB

Reaction score
Plain and simple. They have declined, is it all over ? No. But unless they make some changes and actually get a real offensive line they wont make it back to another superbowl and win one.

They can still make the playoffs i have no doubt about that, but if they want more rings. They need a stout O line to win in the trenches which they cant do now. Most games are won and lost in the trenches, especially in the the playoffs. Thats the issue with this team and the main weakness.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Reasons Seahawks will not win another Super Bowl if not changed:

1. Tom Cable - this guy has to go
2. Darrell Bevell - this guy has to go for years already
3. Carroll needs to win players trust back - carrolls loyalty to his assistant coaches has cost him a lot of games, after this season, not all players believe he makes good decisions
4. Some key players best days are behind them - I believe most core players are no longer in their primes, another year older is not gonna help them
5. Wilson's decision making needs to improve - I don't believe Wilson is elite, honestly I feel he's a tier 2

RussB

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":39xf4f2m said:

3. Carroll needs to win players trust back - carrolls loyalty to his assistant coaches has cost him a lot of games, after this season, not all players believe he makes good decisions
4. Some key players best days are behind them - I believe most core players are no longer in their primes, another year older is not gonna help them
5. Wilson's decision making needs to improve - I don't believe Wilson is elite, honestly I feel he's a tier 2
Agree with everything except for 5. Wilson is an elite QB, its going to be hard to make good decisions when most snaps you are getting pressured instantly and have little time to make reads let alone throw the ball. Wilson spends most of the time running for his life evading pressure rather than making reads and throwing.

You could put brady or aaron rodgers behind this line and they would struggle.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":25eyhg05 said:
Make no mistake we'll continue to be competitive, but folks are blind homers if they can't see a visible decline. Some players are older and are losing a half step or more. In other areas such as our defensive schemes and alignments, offenses have caught up to us and exploiting our soft zones. Our offensive ideology and so-called identity need to be addressed-are we a ground and pound team with Rawls leading the way or are we a 60% pass team like this year?

It also comes down to a matter of perspective. Many on this board are seemingly satisfied with 10-6 type seasons and 2nd round exits. They view this as a "successful" season and how dare anyone question our coaches who won us a title 4 years past entering next season. Perhaps these fans are akin to college fans who view 8-4 Sun Bowl appearances as "great seasons." These fans view others' frustration as being "spoiled and greedy" or "be happy we're not the Browns."

Other fans like myself appreciate and are indeed grateful for our consistency these last 5 years because we endured so much worse decades past, but are questioning the maximization of the talent we do have and the urgency needed to seize this era because it can't last forever. There's no guarantee we will be able to reload each season and there's simply an indescribable feeling of destiny altered and disappointment if we fail to win a 2nd title based on the talent here.

We're obviously still a good, solid team but the last 2 years have proven we're not championship caliber right now and that's where much underlying frustration lies.
Well said, I don't think the "playoff era" is over, but the "SuperBowl era" may be. But it really depends on where the team goes from here. If the team can do a mini-rebuild (think something like Denver after their SB loss - don't completely blow up the team, but don't be afraid to make some major changes), there's no reason we can't be back to the SuperBowl in the near future. But if we continue the offseason strategy from the past couple of years without any fundamental changes, I fear we'll be a bubble playoff team for a few years and then fall out of contention completely.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
RussB":2hfaw22f said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2hfaw22f said:

Agree with everything except for 5. Wilson is an elite QB, its going to be hard to make good decisions when most snaps you are getting pressured instantly and have little time to make reads let alone throw the ball. Wilson spends most of the time running for his life evading pressure rather than making reads and throwing.

The reason I believe Wilson isn't elite is he holds onto the ball too long. Some sacks he takes aren't the o lines fault. Wilson has a tendency to want to make a big play too much instead of throwing the ball away. And when he wants too much to make a big play, often times he gets sacked instead of throwing it away.

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
RussB":eqsmdlt3 said:
This is one of the most talented teams ever assembled and should have been a dynasty. You can play it off whatever way you want but everything changed after XLIX. They would have beat brady and went back to back. They never recovered after that play.

Shame to see such a roster underachieve so bad. They got 1 championship which is awesome but everyone knows they should have had more.

This says it all. I told someone tonight the window has closed for the Seahawks, thought I was thr only one thinking it but a person can tell this team just doesnt have what it has during the past few years defensively.

stizz19

Reaction score
You guys are high thinking this is the end, brutal. It must be because you became fans in 2011 or later, no other explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crosfam

Reaction score
5 straight years with divisional playoffs or greater. And our QB, best ever in franchise history and in his prime now, has been in the league 5 years. I am not worried. The 70s Steelers went to SBs 9/10, "just" playoffs for two years, and then back to SBs 13/14. I think we are very similar to the Steel Curtain.

mrt144

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2e8zxqu5 said:
RussB":2e8zxqu5 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2e8zxqu5 said:

The reason I believe Wilson isn't elite is he holds onto the ball too long. Some sacks he takes aren't the o lines fault. Wilson has a tendency to want to make a big play too much instead of throwing the ball away. And when he wants too much to make a big play, often times he gets sacked instead of throwing it away.

You also have to consider the routes that are being run. I don't think RW is a stat junkie but you could be asking for a 67 comp % to go down to 60% if you think he should be throwing it away more.