End of an era....

thegameq

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2bav6ydp said:
Some of you need to go cool down and come back when you're thinking more clearly. This is hardly the end of an era. There are obvious things to be fixed but there's a lot to still keep us competative for years to come. HAVE FAITH!

Not saying you're wrong but a lot of us who have gone through the tough years of being SOS or competitive and don't want to go back to just being competitive. You can see it and feel it--this team doesn't pass the "eyeball test". Being ahead of the curve, being elite and way ahead of the pack felt good. Falling back into the pack and being competitive is basically a coin toss and hoping everything falls your way for one particular season. Not to say some things didn't fall our way in 2013, of course.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
stmcmurray":1ps8b68b said:
Wow, it never ceases to amaze me the negativity on this board. As others have said, I've been a Seahawks fan for over 30 years and can only dream of a run like this. It's far from over! 5 straight division round appearances, only NE can say that.

If they only get a division round appearance, the NE organization and the fans, consider that a losing season.

I'm not satisfied with a hot and cold regular season that almost kills our designated franchise QB, undervalues a world-class TE, and ultimately delivers an ass-thrashing loss two games deep come playoff time.

But maybe that's just me...

Josea16

Reaction score
It sucks to be eliminated before Houston, even if it is 4 hours apart.
I don't know about that seems Houston is giving New England a run for their money.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BigBill1945":1t5aknia said:
nash72":1t5aknia said:
Sad thing is its going to get even worse before it gets better. If Bevell and Cable don't go, it might be time for Pete to hit the road.

Cable has done well with this POS line. They are pathetic.

But how much say did he have in assembling said line?

nash72

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1pe9mjii said:
nash72":1pe9mjii said:
NJlargent":1pe9mjii said:
Everything is great. We will be a SB contender next year. Ignore the fact we have been declining every year since 2013

This. Why is it so hard for some people to see this, and lord help you if you do because then your only a fair weather, bandwagon fan. Its unbelievable how many people think everythings hunky dory and no changes needed.

Actually I think the staff was a year ahead of you and last offseason was the reload. We came out of camp w 14 rooks on our 53 w no real high level FA adds or trades. Went all young.

This was the bottom, no we go back up. They're way ahead of us. That's why they coach and we don't.

Who out of those young players have shown anything to make us think they are worth a damn? I dont think the rebuild is working.

Lundy

Reaction score
The Era is not over. The Hawks still made it to the Divisional round. This all in spite of having a hobbled QB, loss of Earl, loss of Lockett, and a awful O line. The Hawks will get healthy next year and the line will play better. The Era continues.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
thegameq":213haeov said:
JAGHAWK":213haeov said:
Some of you need to go cool down and come back when you're thinking more clearly. This is hardly the end of an era. There are obvious things to be fixed but there's a lot to still keep us competative for years to come. HAVE FAITH!

Not saying you're wrong but a lot of us who have gone through the tough years of being SOS or competitive and don't want to go back to just being competitive. You can see it and feel it--this team doesn't pass the "eyeball test". Being ahead of the curve, being elite and way ahead of the pack felt good. Falling back into the pack and being competitive is basically a coin toss and hoping everything falls your way for one particular season. Not to say some things didn't fall our way in 2013, of course.

We are competitive with the core of talent and philosophy. Imagine what we can be when the problems are fixed, And I agree, competitive is not enough to get it done. I have faith that this team will right the wrongs and competitive will be the bare minimum. Greater is coming, I believe.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't see the end of the lob era seahawks are delusional. This team needs a overhaul bad. We have had 3 years of bad drafts (for our standards) imo. This team used to be a smashmouth run the football, beat you up type of team. This team got beat up all year.

Some of us have been fans forever as well and aren't blinded. This team was not fun at all to watch.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Understandable reactions after a playoff loss, but I see a whole lot more catastrophizing going on than I do posters wearing the rosy hue. A lot of reasonable replies though. People tend to drift to extremes and accuse others of the opposite extreme if you disagree with them.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
End of an era?

Not even close!

In case you have a failing memory the Seahawks have been a playoff team in every year the present FO has been here. In fact every year they have been to the divisional round. The era continues. This team had an off season. And wound up 3rd overall in the NFC advanced to the divisional level of the playoffs for 7th time since PN'J arrived here.

Is the team perfect? Nope.. Are there some key areas need in upgrades. Absolutely. They need an interior. pass rusher who has to be double teamed all the time. Of course the OLine needs improvement. Changes will happen, just watch.

There is no reason to be negative, but feel free to be disappointed they didn't advance to the NFC finals.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Doesn't mean we can't still get there though.
For as talented a team as we are,LOSING IN THE SECOND ROUND ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

We need a new oc.

3/5 new offensive lineman. Real lineman not basketball players, or farmers or wherever they have been getting lineman lately.

2 starter level dbs

Another pass rusher.

Can that be done in a single off season?
Idk

captSE

Reaction score
Our defense is good on paper but we've lost it on give-aways take-aways. It makes me sick to watch these backs chasing down some receiver and nearly gets hit in the head with the football. Turn the F^&* around and know what's happening rather than looking at the receivers eyes (they say). An interception has become rare these days.

Defensive wins but there's something wrong here.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
nash72":cxnhsdqd said:
LoneHawkFan":cxnhsdqd said:
nash72":cxnhsdqd said:
NJlargent":cxnhsdqd said:
Everything is great. We will be a SB contender next year. Ignore the fact we have been declining every year since 2013

This. Why is it so hard for some people to see this, and lord help you if you do because then your only a fair weather, bandwagon fan. Its unbelievable how many people think everythings hunky dory and no changes needed.

Actually I think the staff was a year ahead of you and last offseason was the reload. We came out of camp w 14 rooks on our 53 w no real high level FA adds or trades. Went all young.

This was the bottom, no we go back up. They're way ahead of us. That's why they coach and we don't.

Who out of those young players have shown anything to make us think they are worth a damn? I dont think the rebuild is working.

Well, in a season where he was badly injured for about 6 games, had basically zero consistency at the RB position due to many things...Russell didn't really take any more sacks than he has the previous 4 years. This with two rookies at tackle and the defense pinned back ready to roll. Several games with only one sack. Wasn't as bad as it seemed; fortunately we have a few spots there figured out for a good period of time.

True story.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Our cores not young anymore. And were seeing it with injuries. Et, out, kam and bennet both missed significant time. Face it our windows not closed but where not a top team anymore. Pretty average overall

Foghawk

Reaction score
:34853_doh:

This isn't the end of an era. Believe what you want, but the team will be back next year in the hunt for another championship run.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I think it's the end of the LOB era. The team needs to be built around Russell Wilson and getting pressure on the other team's QB. The Hawks will be competitive every year that Wilson plays. He's good and will be for a long time as long as he stays healthy.

bighawk

Reaction score
This thread is so stupid. I see why the suicide rate is so high in Seattle. This team is not close to being done. Fix the line, sign C. Campbell and pair him with Bennett inside and continue develop guys like Seisay, Baptiste, Q.Jefferson and continue to workout together in the off season. This can be fixed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":31y8yyhx said:
Totally agree, now it's just plug and play to see if you can catch magic again. But it's all over. They are aging, deep playoff runs and they need tobretool with good draft picks. Notundrafted players who make the team
You mean "undrafted players" like Baldwin?...There's no guarantee that you're going to get "Magic" with draft picks either.
Sometimes you need to know when to tweak or, re-tool some of the Coaching staff.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bighawk":3d25ug00 said:
This thread is so stupid. I see why the suicide rate is so high in Seattle. This team is not close to being done. Fix the line, sign C. Campbell and pair him with Bennett inside and continue develop guys like Seisay, Baptiste, Q.Jefferson and continue to workout together in the off season. This can be fixed.

Fix the line and how do you say they do that? By cutting org trading who.hence end of an era......

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RussB":2u9q7xbj said:
I agree pete is a great coach and really good dude.But at some point he needs to realize that those guys have ran the team into the ground and arent helping. If he doesnt it might be time for a new coach.

There are problems and he needs to fix them.
Yep, it's kinda like having your Lamborghini worked on by a Yugo Mechanic.

Latest posts