End of an era....

blaisio

Reaction score
I think that looking at the amount of youth that was infused this year, I'm hoping to see a huge step forward for all of them. This team doesn't seem to have a win now sense of urgency like the Patriots typically have. But playing the young guys helps in the long term but we waste the prime of our core.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
TAB420":296bco9k said:
Whatever, you guys make me sick. Do you know how many seasons have ended for me in which I would have loved to have gone 10-5-1 with a playoff win. We lost Lockett and Thomas, two huge pieces on both sides. We need to get healthily and add some help to the O-line through free agency, that's it. This team has another 3-5 years before the window even starts to close.

Football is super bowl or bust. I don't feel good about losing ever, nor should anyone.

They don't give trophies for 8th place.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
nash72":3kqppj8t said:
Sad thing is its going to get even worse before it gets better. If Bevell and Cable don't go, it might be time for Pete to hit the road.

Cable has done well with this POS line. They are pathetic.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The great news:

We have a very talented team. Richardson, Lockett, Graham, Baldwin. We have a loaded receiving corps now, clearly

It's clear that we'll never go anywhere however without an O-line. Like yes I know that Russell missed throws today, but many of those were hurried, him rolling to his left, him unable to set his feet. That's not how you build a consistent offense

Wilson magic can only get you so far. It's a break glass in case of emergency, not a strategy. We need a competent O-line. This team will never go anywhere unless they can keep the QB upright. As for the defense, I trust our GM to draft well as he always does

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wow...I'm not ready to throw in the towel. That being said we need to score big in the draft or we are in serious trouble. Drafting has not been great and we have gaping holes to fill which cannot be done by simply signing or trading for scrubs. Our core on defence will not be here forever. Time to draft quality guys that can fill the hole when a starter like ET3 goes down...not some scrub who was washing cars before Pete called him.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
While it wasn't the only issue today, this team will never return to the SuperBowl until we can put together at least a decent offensive line. This may take valuable cap space, draft capital, and/or trading important players - there aren't easy answers. But we can't keep completely neglecting an entire position group.

If we can find a way to make this line decent, I don't think the era is over yet. Patriots and to some extent Packers have shown it isn't impossible to keep an era going indefinitely even with the cap, but it's not easy and involves making hard tradeoffs.

RussB

Reaction score
Joey13091":2kw3p1vz said:
Lol. If you dont think we'll be back in division round next year you are delusional

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
Oh they will be in the mix . Will they win is the real question. Two years in a row now they cant get over the hump. They need to change some things to get over the hump again. It all starts with the abysmal offensive line which has been a major issue the past 2 years.

I think if they invest in a solid o line they can get back to the NFC championship, unless that happens they will just keep losing in the playoffs.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What pissed me off so much about XLXIX was I knew how difficult it is to ever make it back, let alone win it. That was our chance for a mini-dynasty and to establish a legacy, but destiny was forever altered because of stupidity by Bevell and Pete too.

And now 2 years of 10-6, 10-5-1 and 2 divisional round exits, we're left with a question of where this organization is truly headed. If many changes aren't made, a slide will likely continue.

I've rooted for this team since Patera so this is not a case of "entitlement." It's just the realization that a second title may not come until the next era and that our talent may not have been fully maximized. Count me one as another who believes this team was never the same after "the play." Pete's program was forever questioned by the players afterward. I can only hope it's not too late and Pete will make significant changes and we can still contend. Onto next season.

Optimus25

Reaction score
That's not true until we lose the division, which ain't next year. Just because we don't make the super bowl doesn't equate to the success incapable of continuing. Russ needs to work on getting his speed back and quit that bulking crap, and Bevell needs to learn to literally force feed Jimmy. And we're right back in the thick next year.

LolaRox

Reaction score
RussB":75iy0h3g said:
This is one of the most talented teams ever assembled and should have been a dynasty. You can play it off whatever way you want but everything changed after XLIX. They would have beat brady and went back to back. They never recovered after that play.

Shame to see such a roster underachieve so bad. They got 1 championship which is awesome but everyone knows they should have had more.

They never recovered from that play because nobody (Bevell) was held accountable for it. Pete did his best to take the blame and talk it away, but it seemed to fester with the players. That is why that pass at the 1 in the Rams game set Sherm off and I'd be surprised if he was the only one. In fact Pete said that some of them still think about that play.

The LOB was a mash unit and they sacrificed a lot to get ready to play - Sherm played with one arm, Earl bad shoulder, Kam bad knee and still were 1 yard from a 2nd ring. Then in a split second it was over and Bevell escaped mostly unscathed (at least publicly).

The offense and defense (not players) seem at odds with each other since that point and it needs to be corrected ASAP

zchurch74

Reaction score
Anyone saying that this era is over is out of their mind. next year we all come back and the team starts out healthy we will be back atop the NFC West. we will still be dominant in the NFC for the next two to three years. I guarantee we will be one of the top 3 favorites to make the Super Bowl next year by Vegas.

I had a strong feeling we would lose this game and I am very critical of our play this year but to say an end of an era is outright crazy. We had a great year with all of the injuries. Yes, a made field goal gives us a bye in the playoffs but the same thing could be said if we would have just run the ball we would have went back to back.

Enjoy what we have with this team. There are so many teams like the Broncos to win the Superbowl and don't even make it to the playoffs the next year. We are consistently in the playoffs and I don't see any change of that in the near future.

Take the next couple of weeks and enjoy the football we have left. There is a reason we are all 12s. we are the best fans in the NFL.

Go Hawks and God bless America

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Calm down. We made it to the final 8 for the 5th straight year and still have our core locked up. We'll be back next year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
This team will always be a contender with Wilson behind center. I can't wait until they build around him.

TAB420

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2wd3eho2 said:
TAB420":2wd3eho2 said:
Whatever, you guys make me sick. Do you know how many seasons have ended for me in which I would have loved to have gone 10-5-1 with a playoff win. We lost Lockett and Thomas, two huge pieces on both sides. We need to get healthily and add some help to the O-line through free agency, that's it. This team has another 3-5 years before the window even starts to close.

Football is super bowl or bust. I don't feel good about losing ever, nor should anyone.

They don't give trophies for 8th place.

I feel sorry for you then. Because every year but one has been a let down. I love watching our team develop and build every year. Not once in my post did I say(or suggest) that I felt good about losing. But as a fan, you have to look for those little rewards that make it all worth it. I've been doing this since 85, I still get excited about division championships and double digit wins...LOL

Superman509

Reaction score
This has to be up for the most pathetic post of the year. We've been completely spoiled by this team and this FO. :pukeface:

strohmin

Reaction score
Well it pretty much ended with the Super Bowl loss. We lost a huge mental edge because that probably created a huge mistrust between the coaching staff and the players and its getting worse every year. With players like Richard, it feels like its going to get worse.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This thread and many posts in it perfectly illustrate why so many great posters have left this site. Zero perspective.

TAB420

Reaction score
nanomoz":2n41rbdr said:
This thread and many posts in it perfectly illustrate why so many great posters have left this site. Zero perspective.

I was just thinking this.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Ridiculous thread. As long as we have Russ the Hawks will be competitive and potential contenders every season

No wonder we're accused of being bandwagon fans. Outside of the Patriots most franchises would kill to have the run we've had the last 5 years. I expect the Hawks to own at least the NFC West for long time.

strohmin

Reaction score
12thbrah":2bi45bfh said:
Ridiculous thread. As long as we have Russ the Hawks will be competitive and potential contenders every season

No wonder we're accused of being bandwagon fans. Outside of the Patriots most franchises would kill to have the run we've had the last 5 years. I expect the Hawks to own at least the NFC West for long time.

We havent been competitive with Russ this season. If he plays like this next season too, then we definitely wont be competitive. He needs to play better next year.