End of an era....

Optimus25

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ni81ft2h said:
semiahmoo":ni81ft2h said:
Siouxhawk":ni81ft2h said:
Not even close to the end of an era. We've only just begun.

:179422: :179422: :179422:

[youtube]5NNOrp_83RU[/youtube]
Don't understand this. I figure it's your feeble attempt at being funny. Perhaps somebody will laugh.

You and I are on totally opposite ends of the Bevell spectrum, but on this angle I agree with you. We are in a terrific position moving forward. People need to understand the mighty Erin Rodgers wins the big one in 2010 and then a couple divisional losses, irrelevance, loss to us lol nfccg, on and on. But anyways I'm saying even with a top 3 qb of all time at the helm, that squad has mustered 1 super bowl win lately and some random appearances. In other words, success we have mirrored. And our franchise has a better defense with a younger quarterback. So I'm fairly baffled by the doom and gloom sentiment when we are the current gold standard of the nfc, factoring in the past six years.

And ps, I'm actually resigned to the fact that continuity moving forward would be best, ie, retaining Bevell, on the strict condition that he revamps the red zone offense and by state of Washington law must go to Jimmy minimum of one time per series within the twenty. Or face the death penalty.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Not to difficult to figure out. Draft and free agency and compete.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1yo05kdl said:
Josea16":1yo05kdl said:
Siouxhawk":1yo05kdl said:
Not even close to the end of an era. We've only just begun.
Only if Cable is GONE. If not, so sad, we will be the 1990's Cowboys at best. Coulda, woulda, shoulda with generational talent. Might be good with you. But a Russell Wilson type comes along every 30-40 years and is the only quarterback at that level we have ever gotten unlike Indianapolis or Green Bay (which got them back to back no less).

It's way past time we build the team around him.
Ramp up the talent level of what Cable has to work with and we'll be fine.
No. That silly ass already gets to pick his players. His scheme is stupid unless you have Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch, even then your bonehead at OC would probably run a bubble screen and think it's awesome. Just go with power running already we have the running backs that will kill in that system. Quit trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Get an offensive line that power run blocks and let Russell do his thing with more then 2 seconds.

Either that or go all in on an actual NFL OL and let Russell free.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's about competing and maturing. Our line will be better next year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3bimupm6 said:
Siouxhawk":3bimupm6 said:

LOL.

YuTkNDl
I don't understand how a photo of you and your boyfriend adds to this discussion.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":106z5fq4 said:
semiahmoo":106z5fq4 said:
Siouxhawk":106z5fq4 said:

LOL.

YuTkNDl
I don't understand how a photo of you and your boyfriend adds to this discussion.
Ok, even I figure you are white knighting at this point but that was funny.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":joou5z5y said:

Wasn't that the plan before this last season as well? Much improved OL correct?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":kb0fa3mj said:
semiahmoo":kb0fa3mj said:
Siouxhawk":kb0fa3mj said:

LOL.

YuTkNDl

How dare you make this about my sexual orientation!!!!

You animal! You brute! You horrible-horrible MAN!!!!

You have made this a place of misogyny and intolerance!

I'm cut to the core, I say.

To the core!

It's so cold.

So...very...

Cold...

65914852.jpg

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":25z3ye0n said:
:mrgreen: This thread is a classic

Wow. A lot of people were for certain everything was just fine and the window was wide open. Wonder how they feel right now?

D

DomeHawk

I guess this is "End of an Era II" as I started a thread w/the same title a couple of months ago.

My thread was originally aimed at the unique cast of characters but quickly morphed into a debate on whether we were done or not. What is significant though, is how different the responses are already. People have settled into the fact that we are probably done, for now at least.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I drank the :179422: for too long. The writing has been on the wall; I had more faith in the FO's decisions to right the ship than logic should have dictated.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The tide comes in, and the tide goes out; but the median depth is what is most critical.

We all knew there was a need for many big changes and they are now happening. It's sad that the LOB era is done but it was done in truth the year before last when Kam held out, then Earl was hurt. Sherm's injury and Kam's injury last season just pointed out how the LOB had aged out and it was time for some changes. I loved what each has brought to and given to the team but as we all know NFL career are short and it's better to have player one year shorter than when their decline starts.

There are quite a few young players on the team that have unrecognized talent they will be allowed to compete to make their mark going forward.

In retrospect I believe PC should have changed up the offensive staff two seasons ago and waiting until this year caused there to be serious damage done to the psyche of the team. Frankly he accepted as correct the BS that emanated from Coach Fable about the OLine and it's development and the running game when it was patently obvious that Cable was failing to meet any stated objective and hadn't for a very long time. The OC was simply unable to adjust to changes of personnel and unable to effectively use the mismatches he had available to him, he should have been axed afre XLIX. It would have a made a significant psychological impact upon the team.

I am a fan of the team and love the players, but where the choice is between the team and the players I choose the team.

GO HAWKS!!!