Easily could be dynamic on offense

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Bevell and Cable need to get things figured out; we aren't the first team ever to have a line decimated by injuries. Denver played in Indy the other week w/o their tackles and their offense was fine (granted #18 is allowed to make audibles like no other and gets the ball out super fast)

Harvin: I'm very interested to see how they use Percy. I hope they use him lined up in the backfield some to get quick passes to and his speed should help with quick slants and other routes that can eat up blitzes

Christine Michael: I just don't understand why we can't find 5-10 plays for the explosive rookie to enhance our offense. He could be a difference maker in the screen game or even on some read option plays.

Lockette/Kearse: an occasional go route by these two would help keep safeties back

Baldwin: he had two targets on MNF and one of those was a bubble screen that went for 10+ yards. Baldwin is terrific at making plays just like TATE, however he needs more targets to make those plays. If we go 4 wide (only in shotgun I hope) with Harvin I think we could go 3 or 4 verts and let Wilson pick who has the best chance of coming down with the ball (Did this last year when we lined up Zach Miller in the slot against Atlanta).

Luke Willson: Must continue play action roll outs where RW looks for Willson to pick up YAC after short completions.

Tempo: many times Wilson was getting the ball with less than 5 seconds on the play clock (helps opposing D-lines get a quick jump off the ball), I don't want hurry up/no huddle, but we need to get out of the huddle much faster.

Audibles: Wilson is a smart enough dude to get us out of a play. He changes running backs in shotgun from one side to the other, but very rarely does he get us out of bad plays. This is difficult to do on the road with crowd noise, but he should be allowed to do this at home more frequently.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Christine Michael: I just don't understand why we can't find 5-10 plays for the explosive rookie to enhance our offense. He could be a difference maker in the screen game or even on some read option plays.

The assumption is that he is 3rd on the depth chart is related to his pass protection abilities. The O-Line is having enough trouble as it is.

Lockette/Kearse: an occasional go route by these two would help keep safeties back

We'd need to sign Lockette to the active roster, which is still a possibility. But with Harvin returning that's already 5 WR when it's more the pass protection that is hindering the receiving game as opposed to the WRers on the roster.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would like to see way more slants. It seems like our guys are open every time we run them. Kearse dropped and easy one and Baldwin had a big one.

Yet most of the time Wilson was dropping back and the receivers were running full routes that took too much time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3d1qf6yk said:
I would like to see way more slants. It seems like our guys are open every time we run them. Kearse dropped and easy one and Baldwin had a big one.

Yet most of the time Wilson was dropping back and the receivers were running full routes that took too much time.

I agree! I'm hoping to see at least ten short passes this Sunday. IMO...it is these short passes that will open up a "post pattern"....ie. the WR will pause and look at the QB then turn and run down field leaving the DB in his tracks.

McGruff

Reaction score
The last thing we need is more go routes. That's why we are getting killed.

More bubbles, slants, outs. More two TE sets and max protect. More Beast.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Basis4day":29t0ilvi said:

The assumption is that he is 3rd on the depth chart is related to his pass protection abilities. The O-Line is having enough trouble as it is.

We'd need to sign Lockette to the active roster, which is still a possibility. But with Harvin returning that's already 5 WR when it's more the pass protection that is hindering the receiving game as opposed to the WRers on the roster.

Lockette has been signed to active roster.