Does The LOB Name Die With The Original LOB?

Can the name "LOB" live on in new incarnations?

• Yes it can live on. "LOB V2" or the like. It can keep living on with new players.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • No. LOB will always and forever be just Kam, Sherm, Earl...

Votes: 77 68.1%
  • I am ambivalent. Either way is fine with me.

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I could see a scenario where one D-back at a time from the original group, perhaps every couple of years, left the roster of DBs in Seattle, and after 6 or 7 years, the starters were completely different, yet with no drop-off in play, statistics, or win/loss % based on the D as a whole. If that were the case, I could see continuing the nickname as long as the performance remained the same. In such a case, it might almost be argued that the Legion of Boom was whoever Pete and the D-Coord. rolled out there.

But as has already been stated, we have seen a dropoff, even among the fantastic four as injuries piled up, and age and hits took their inevitable toll. And with the more rapid turnover of our D-backfield with Sherm departing and now Kam probably soon to go, with Earl making comments about not being here, there's a different attitude, and the field looks different. The Legion ended their time of boom. The brotherhood has disbanded.

Sad as it is, it's time to look for new stars and hope for a group worthy of a new nickname because of the ferocious, fast, tactically sound, and passionate play they bring on the field. Here's to hoping the current players can rise to the level the coaches point them towards.