Do the Pats receivers scare you?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Largent80":3tdabuik said:
Well, I guess my super bowl party will once again be epic.

Burn.

You have friends or do they come for the free booze? I'm guessing door #2.

kearly

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2vzklv15 said:
Gronk is special but Brady can go to him too often - I'd say half of his INT's (easily) are trying to force it into Gronk. Brady has to play a clean game, and he needs LaFell especially to play his best game this week. He's been dinged up with shoulder and toe injuries, but hopefully the 2 weeks off healed him up.

Gronk is going to see a mindblowing number of targets. I wouldn't be shocked if he had 20 of them. I expect Brady to throw 50+, and his receivers are going to be blanketed for the most part.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":14d26c6e said:
themunn":14d26c6e said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Gronkowski is the only player better than his 2013 counterpart, and there's not that much between them, it's like comparing Revis to Sherman

It's a fair point, but I'd say that:
- Brady > Manning
- Belichick/McDaniels > Fox/Gase
- Denver played right into Seattle's hands with their attempted pick plays
- your D isn't as good right now compared to a year ago, especially in the QB pressure area.

While that may be true, it's better than any other team's defense that the Patriots have faced this season. They are by far the best defense this season. It wasn't close. On the other hand, the Seahawk defense has faced many offenses that are just as good as or better than the Patriots this season. Green Bay, Denver, and Dallas are either equal to or better offenses than what your team offers. Claim all you want about the Seahawk defense being weaker, it still is strong enough to stop the Patriots. We'll find how much on Sunday.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2bnw7ibj said:
50yrpatsfan":2bnw7ibj said:
themunn":2bnw7ibj said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Gronkowski is the only player better than his 2013 counterpart, and there's not that much between them, it's like comparing Revis to Sherman

- Brady > Manning
- your D isn't as good right now compared to a year ago, especially in the QB pressure area.

While that may be true, it's better than any other team's defense that the Patriots have faced this season. They are by far the best defense this season. It wasn't close. On the other hand, the Seahawk defense has faced many offenses that are just as good as or better than the Patriots this season. Green Bay, Denver, and Dallas are either equal to or better offenses than what your team offers. Claim all you want about the Seahawk defense being weaker, it still is strong enough to stop the Patriots. We'll find how much on Sunday.

That's right and the Patsies haven't faced anyone with the weapons the Hawks bring on offense.

kearly

Reaction score
Largent80":2a35ygr7 said:
:1: Are the Pats as easily defeated as their fans?

Not quite. Belichick actually prepares for the other team before he travels.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1lp3xbcx said:
50yrpatsfan":1lp3xbcx said:
Gronk is special but Brady can go to him too often - I'd say half of his INT's (easily) are trying to force it into Gronk. Brady has to play a clean game, and he needs LaFell especially to play his best game this week. He's been dinged up with shoulder and toe injuries, but hopefully the 2 weeks off healed him up.

Gronk is going to see a mindblowing number of targets. I wouldn't be shocked if he had 20 of them. I expect Brady to throw 50+, and his receivers are going to be blanketed for the most part.
So you mean a repeat of 2012? I said as much in another thread for much the same reason as then. They aren't going to be able to run on the Seahawk defense because Blount isn't Lynch (not even in the same galaxy). The game will be close but Wilson is better then 2012 and that will be the difference.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2of4zth6 said:
hawkfan68":2of4zth6 said:
50yrpatsfan":2of4zth6 said:
themunn":2of4zth6 said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

- Brady > Manning

That's right and the Patsies haven't faced anyone with the weapons the Hawks bring on offense.

Good point. Doesn't that concern you? It should. How is a weaker Patriot defense going to stop the unusual Seahawk offense. That offense that averages 24 pts a game. They have been very consistent in scoring between 20-30 pts a game throughout this season.

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
Patriots receivers should not scare you outside of Gronk. However, being Seattle fans you guys should know a thing about unheralded receiving corps that just get the job done. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them if I were you. If you are not worried about the Pats receivers any... then I will counter with the receivers for the Seahawks are laughable. Doug Baldwin would be our WR3. They're aiiight like Deion said.

I would rate receivers in this game as follows:
1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3b9utq4l said:
50yrpatsfan":3b9utq4l said:
themunn":3b9utq4l said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

- Brady > Manning

Denver was terrible, we crushed them mid year. Dallas's offense was OK but not in NE's class. Green Bay's your best comp, their offense is very good and similar to NE's. They had no trouble moving the ball on Seattle, and Rodgers had all day to throw. At Seattle. Expect a similar game this weekend except NE is better in the rz.

By the way, Romo said after their lucky win vs Detroit that the Lions D was the best they saw all year "by far" (i.e., including the historic Hawks D), and NE's offense didn't have too much trouble with Detroit's D this year.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Good point. Doesn't that concern you? It should. How is a weaker Patriot defense going to stop the unusual Seahawk offense. That offense that averages 24 pts a game. They have been very consistent in scoring between 20-30 pts a game throughout this season.[/quote said:
I agree. Look at the crap offenses the Patsies have played this year. Denver, Colts, San Diego, and Green Bay. They are in for a shock come Sunday.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":1d5k6i1n said:
Patriots receivers should not scare you outside of Gronk. However, being Seattle fans you guys should know a thing about unheralded receiving corps that just get the job done. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them if I were you. If you are not worried about the Pats receivers any... then I will counter with the receivers for the Seahawks are laughable. Doug Baldwin would be our WR3. They're aiiight like Deion said.

1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

They aren't household names for sure but they make enough plays to have an impact on the game. They have a knack of making "clutch" plays. Besides the biggest threats on offense are Lynch and Wilson. If Lynch and Wilson have success running on the Pats, then it will be a long day for your team. Looking at the Pats defense, their biggest weakness is in the run game. Be prepared for a heavy dose of Beasmode. Here's a preview for you....Cardinals had a top 10 defense until they played the Seahawks. Afterwards, they dropped into the 20s.

[youtube]oLNTbimumKM[/youtube]

Is Revis prepared to become Beastmode's next victim?

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1gw4ophq said:
Gronkzilla":1gw4ophq said:

1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

They aren't household names for sure but they make enough plays to have an impact on the game. They have a knack of making "clutch" plays. Besides the biggest threats on offense are Lynch and Wilson. If Lynch and Wilson have success running on the Pats, then it will be a long day for your team. Looking at the Pats defense, their biggest weakness is in the run game. Be prepared for a heavy dose of Beasmode. Here's a preview for you....Cardinals had a top 10 defense until they played the Seahawks. Afterwards, they dropped into the 20s.

I wrote out a nice retort but then just deleted it. I'm not posting in here anymore since there is no point. Hawks fans gonna have blind confidence in Hawks, Patriots gonna have blind confidence in Pats and we will all find out who is really who on Sunday. Can't wait for the game. Go Patriots!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bostonhardo":ehaqlwz4 said:
Good point. Doesn't that concern you? It should. How is a weaker Patriot defense going to stop the unusual Seahawk offense. That offense that averages 24 pts a game. They have been very consistent in scoring between 20-30 pts a game throughout this season.[/quote:ehaqlwz4 said:
I agree. Look at the crap offenses the Patsies have played this year. Denver, Colts, San Diego, and Green Bay. They are in for a shock come Sunday.

None of those offenses run the read option. That's a new wrinkle that the Seahawks have and the Pats haven't played against this year. That's why I mentioned an "unusual" offense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1ls779m4 said:
Chawks1":1ls779m4 said:
TBtoRG":1ls779m4 said:
HawkNuts":1ls779m4 said:
The Pats have played a soft schedule and have struggled against physical and physically gifted defenses. I would expect the same results against the Seahawks.

Plus when Tommy Boy squeezes that ball it just might not feel the same as it has in previous weeks.

NE has beaten Buffalo, NYJ x2, Detroit, and Baltimore. All good and physical defenses. They put up a ton of points in most of those games.

Note: Week 17 game vs Buffalo, NE had most of their starters out.

Stop making things up.

Stop making things up? Like Bleichicks science on how weather only affected 11 out of 42 footballs??? Ok.

If you think those were good physical defenses you better wear a seatbelt when you watch the game. Not only do we have a historical defense that has given up the fewest points in 3 consecutive years, but we will steal your soul too. Look at what happened to our final 10 opponents this year after we played them. 0-10thenext week. Your franchise may not recover. If you don't think so look at Denver and San Francisco right now. They are completely rebuilding because we stole their souls. It's called the Seahawks affect.

Unfortunately for you the Hawks D is banged up and not nearly the force they were a year ago. Like the Ravens of 2000 and the 85 Bears, this "historical" D will win their 1 trophy and find out how hard it is to be the best year after year. On top of that, the Pats D will dominate the weak Hawks offense, which is really the story of this game. You won't be scoring more than 16, so that historical D better be ready to limit Brady and company to 15, with no real pass rush. If they can do that, maybe they are historical. Don't bet the house though.

86 Bears D was better in points allowed than 85.

the D has been the best of the last 3 years. as were those Bears teams. the 86 Bears were 14-2 and had to use Doug Flutie in their playoff game. your defense is not a top 10 D, and your offense ranked 2 places behind the Seahawks this year

get your history straight if you're going to try and be statistical. or alteast try and use statistics properly instead of referring to things you dont know

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":19ov7uje said:
hawkfan68":19ov7uje said:
Gronkzilla":19ov7uje said:

1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

I wrote out a nice retort but then just deleted it. I'm not posting in here anymore since there is no point. Hawks fans gonna have blind confidence in Hawks, Patriots gonna have blind confidence in Pats and we will all find out who is really who on Sunday. Can't wait for the game. Go Patriots!

The Seahawks are the reigning Superbowl champs. It isn't blind confidence....the Seahawks are the best team until someone knocks them off. Your team will have that chance come Sunday...however whether they do remains to be seen.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":23l0q6ae said:
Gronkzilla":23l0q6ae said:
hawkfan68":23l0q6ae said:
Gronkzilla":23l0q6ae said:

1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

The Seahawks are the reigning Superbowl champs. It isn't blind confidence....the Seahawks are the best team until someone knocks them off. Your team will have that chance come Sunday...however whether they do remains to be seen.

Not for nothing but it sort of is blind confidence based on the level of confidence and history.

Latest posts