Do the Pats receivers scare you?

Mick063

Reaction score
Here are the facts:

For a typical NFL game, a -3 turnover differential = 90% chance of losing.

The Packers are not typical. For an offense like that, the odds are longer.

Seattle spotted the Packers three extra possessions, with excellent field position. Or better said, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, a rookie that torched the Cowboys, and Aaron Rogers were given beautiful gifts. A collective of receivers that I would deem better than that of the Patriots.

Seattle held that team to 22 points. Less points than the Patriots held them.

That wasn't just a choke job by the Packers in the final quarter. That was a Seattle defense, rapidly using up the "pitchers count" of effective pass rushes by a defensive line getting little reprieve, that stuffed the Packers throughout the game. Believe me. One touchdown and five field goals, mostly from gifts of great field position, is stuffing the Packer offense.

If you ponder it for a moment, it was an incredible defensive display. After all, that "mediocre" Seattle offense out gained and outscored the Packer offense that was gifted those three extra possessions. Just like they will out gain and out score the Patriot offense in the Super Bowl.

The answer is no. This defense fears no receiving corps. In the end, the Patriots receivers will be attempting to locate Kam while catching the ball. Perhaps even short arming a pass or two.

Having said that, there is only one receiver that might torch Seattle. That would be Vereen. If there is a single big weakness for the Hawks, it is covering running backs on a delayed wheel route. We shall see if Belichick has done his proper film study. Of course if Vereen is inserted, they are basically telegraphing the play.....unlike "every down" Lynch, who is a much better receiver than most pundits give him credit for.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
HansGruber":2mcjb44e said:
50yrpatsfan":2mcjb44e said:
themunn":2mcjb44e said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Gronkowski is the only player better than his 2013 counterpart, and there's not that much between them, it's like comparing Revis to Sherman

It's a fair point, but I'd say that:
- Brady > Manning
- Belichick/McDaniels > Fox/Gase
- Denver played right into Seattle's hands with their attempted pick plays
- your D isn't as good right now compared to a year ago, especially in the QB pressure area.
You are clueless. Please stop trying to talk about football.

Honestly, nobody here cares about your opinion and we all know you will disappear after your team loses on Sunday anyway.

You've already proven the only reason you're in this forum is to spout typical Patriots homer nonsense. Nobody here is interested and I'm not sure why you think they'd be, especially after the insanely stupid things you've said repeatedly. Would you seriously want to have a football conversation with someone who said Brady wasn't an elite quarterback? No, because that statement makes it clear that the person has no interest in real conversation and is just trolling or dumb.

That is you. Go away.

Nice to meet you too Hans, go learn some manners, You couldn't have read the post I replied to or you'd see I wasn't talking any smack, just continuing the comparisons about the Super Bowl from a year ago. Pure football talk.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Mick063":3euu3aet said:
Here are the facts:

Seattle spotted the Packers three extra possessions, with excellent field position. Or better said, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, a rookie that torched the Cowboys, and Aaron Rogers were given beautiful gifts. A collective of receivers that I would deem better than that of the Patriots.

That wasn't just a choke job by the Packers in the final quarter. That was a Seattle defense, rapidly using up the "pitchers count" of effective pass rushes by a defensive line getting little reprieve, that stuffed the Packers throughout the game. Believe me. One touchdown and five field goals, mostly from gifts of great field position, is stuffing the Packer offense.

If you ponder it for a moment, it was an incredible defensive display. After all, that "mediocre" Seattle offense out gained and outscored the Packer offense that was gifted those three extra possessions. Just like they will out gain and out score the Patriot offense in the Super Bowl.

The answer is no. This defense fears no receiving corps. In the end, the Patriots receivers will be attempting to locate Kam while catching the ball. Perhaps even short arming a pass or two.

Having said that, there is only one receiver that might torch Seattle. That would be Vereen. If there is a single big weakness for the Hawks, it is covering running backs on a delayed wheel route. We shall see if Belichick has done his proper film study. Of course if Vereen is inserted, they are basically telegraphing the play.....unlike "every down" Lynch, who is a much better receiver than most pundits give him credit for.

Patriots have sufficient receiving weapons, and together with the best QB in the game (one of the 2 best along with Rodgers) and a very good OL, will do damage all night. Nobody "fears" anyone else's receivers. The guy to fear is Tom Brady. He's the maestro that makes it all go, who will out-think a defense and make all the throws he wants to make. I've seen a lot of posters commenting how he's not that good, he can't throw deep, he's past his prime, he cheats, yada yada. But he's the most competitive SOB on the planet under the pretty boy persona, and the most talented of all QB's at scoring points.

Sherman doesn't know what he started with his classless rant 2 years ago. He wrote a check that day that his team will not be able to cash in the big game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3jv8xgpz said:
Mick063":3jv8xgpz said:
Here are the facts:

Patriots have sufficient receiving weapons, and together with the best QB in the game (one of the 2 best along with Rodgers) and a very good OL, will do damage all night. Nobody "fears" anyone else's receivers. The guy to fear is Tom Brady. He's the maestro that makes it all go, who will out-think a defense and make all the throws he wants to make. I've seen a lot of posters commenting how he's not that good, he can't throw deep, he's past his prime, he cheats, yada yada. But he's the most competitive SOB on the planet under the pretty boy persona, and the most talented of all QB's at scoring points.

Sherman doesn't know what he started with his classless rant 2 years ago. He wrote a check that day that his team will not be able to cash in the big game.

Now we're using "mouth wrote a check" jokes? Holy crap the air's getting thin in here...

I know you wish for all of this cliche bullshit to be true but since we're being cliche, wish in one hand... and you know the rest.

randomation

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":217fgafz said:
Mick063":217fgafz said:
Here are the facts:

Lets go over your "points"

1. Rodgers is better then Brady period
2. Green Bay has a better WR core then New England
3. Lacy is equal to or better then Blount
4. Green Bay's Oline > Pats especially in pass protection
5. Literally the only player who worries me is Gronk and I don't think he can win the game on his own
6. Brady started that whole issue with his own classless comment of see me after the game for an autograph
7. I guarantee that particular comment will be on the LOB's mind when they shut him down once again.

HansGruber

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":22tswvvy said:
Nice to meet you too Hans, go learn some manners, You couldn't have read the post I replied to or you'd see I wasn't talking any smack, just continuing the comparisons about the Super Bowl from a year ago. Pure football talk.

No, you keep repeating the same drivel you've been posting all week - that you don't think the Seattle defense is all that good, or not as good as last season. That's just pure nonsense, and anyone who is a real football fan wouldn't even say that. It's literally like me saying Brady is overrated, the NE offense isn't that good, and you don't have any big TE's really. Yes, it is that dumb. No real football fan says stuff like that.

Further, it isn't nice to meet you. All you've done this week is talk non-stop homer smack. OK, I get it. That's what fans do.

But see, the problem with people like you (and DonkoSpurt and all the Whiner fans) is that you never come back here after the game. You're all mouth before it, and you waste a lot of digital ink, but when the game is over, you will be gone, never to be heard from again.

So why not do us all a favor and go back to your troll hole and spew your nonsense with other Patriots fans? I'm sure you'l find a lot of them that will agree with you that the Seahawks defense is overrated, not as good as last year, or whatever other nonsense you wanna come up with. Then you can all make excuses about bad calls or crowd noise or whatever else to console each other when the game is over. You're wasting time here.

HansGruber

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1yncplyc said:

No, actually the most "talented of all QBs at scoring points" is Peyton Manning. And guess what that's worth? A whole lot of nothing.

We play "talented" QBs all the time. We just beat one who is better than Brady right now. We beat him after giving him 6 turnovers, most of which were in scoring territory. He even had a bigger, better RB than your team has. All we've done over the last 3 seasons is consistently beat "great" QBs and turn them into average nobodies. Including your precious Brady, who after talking trash to Sherman on the field, promptly threw him an INT.

And nobody in Seattle cares that your team is still butthurt. So what? I'm glad Brady is butthurt. Everyone in Seattle had a grand old time watching it happen. It was hilarious watching him throw tantrums on the field during commercial breaks. It was awesome watching him run off the field while Sherman came to see him after the game like he requested. And guess what? Sunday is going to be a repeat of that. So yeah, Brady can be butthurt all he wants, but whatever he feels right now hardly compares to what he will feel as the blue and green confetti comes showering down on him, while he walks off the field with the same sad-face Peyton made last year.

Latest posts