Do the Pats receivers scare you?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
i think the confidence comes from watching the best defense in the NFL over the last three years.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":fobqaqe5 said:
Patriots receivers should not scare you outside of Gronk. However, being Seattle fans you guys should know a thing about unheralded receiving corps that just get the job done. So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them if I were you. If you are not worried about the Pats receivers any... then I will counter with the receivers for the Seahawks are laughable. Doug Baldwin would be our WR3. They're aiiight like Deion said.

I would rate receivers in this game as follows:
1. Gronk
2. Edelman
3. Lafell
4. Baldwin
5. Amendola
6. Willson
7. Kearse

Baldwin would probably put up like 1,200 yards in New England's offense, if not more. He is exactly the style of receiver that would thrive with Brady. On pure talent, he is way better than Edelman.

Brandon LaFell?! You have got to be kidding me. Calling him a glorified Jermaine Kearse would be a compliment.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":if5v5s07 said:
i think the confidence comes from watching the best defense in the NFL over the last three years.

Very true but the reality is that for whatever reason odds are that you will not repeat. Mind you it doesn't mean that you can't but the odds are against you.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bostonhardo":g3qppmhk said:
Uncle Si":g3qppmhk said:

Very true but the reality is that for whatever reason odds are that you will not repeat. Mind you it doesn't mean that you can't but the odds are against you.

The odds were against us in August. In February, the odds are looking pretty damn good.

Schadie001

Reaction score
NO...look at what they have done in the Playoffs....Our receivers are right on par with theirs. Edelman (172 yrds) has 8 more yards than Kearse (164 yrds) and Baldwin (144 yrds) has 55/54 more yards than Amendola (89 yrds)/ Lafell (90 yrds) and Gronk (136 yrds) has 57 more yards than Willson (79 yrds).

Baldwin and Kearse are actually ranked 4 and 6 against all teams wrs in the playoffs. So they should actually scared by ours...

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Schadie001":18tmjnnz said:
NO...look at what they have done in the Playoffs....Our receivers are right on par with theirs. Edelman (172 yrds) has 8 more yards than Kearse (164 yrds) and Baldwin (144 yrds) has 55/54 more yards than Amendola (89 yrds)/ Lafell (90 yrds) and Gronk (136 yrds) has 57 more yards than Willson (79 yrds).

Baldwin and Kearse are actually ranked 4 and 6 against all teams wrs in the playoffs. So they should actually scared by ours...

We are scared of yours. The great thing about the Hawks is that they have the best defense, the best running back and now the best receivers in the game. It's almost unfair.

Hawks46

Reaction score
A couple of misconceptions I wanted to address in the thread:

Edelman is not fast like everyone is saying. He's quick as hell and tough to tackle, but he ran a 4.5 forty. look it up. Our LBers are faster than that.

Our DL is dinged up and we have no pass rush. Our DL is dinged up for sure, but it's Mebane and Hill out. Mebane was a run stuffer. HIll provided interior pass rush and was good, and we do miss him. Problem is, Bennett and Avril combined for 131 total QB disruptions this year. That's far and away the most of any duo in the league. Sacks are a misleading stat, and you don't have to sack Brady, you just have to hit him, knock him down a few times and move him off of his spot. He's going ot start bitching to the refs about the third hit, and that's where you're in his head.

Justin Houston gave NE's Tackles trouble off of the edge. Bruce Irvin is more explosive by bar than Houston, although Houston is obvously the better pass rusher. Point is, he can and will get some pressure, and combined with Avril and Bennett, it will make a difference.

Thing is, none of it might matter. Brady doesn't have the arm strength or the targets to challenge us deep. He's going to throw quick hitters to negate that pass rush, but that falls right into where we want him. We attack the short to intermediate routes and limit YAC. This is where all the Broncos comparisons come from. No, the Pats aren't the Broncs and yes, they're better, better coached, and a better rushing team. But the passing game is going to be similar and that's going to hurt NE.

NE has to run well to win. If they get away from that, if Brady throws the ball 45 times, they're done.

Gronkzilla

Reaction score
bostonhardo":40oheq5v said:
Schadie001":40oheq5v said:

We are scared of yours. The great thing about the Hawks is that they have the best defense, the best running back and now the best receivers in the game. It's almost unfair.

Also the best coach and best fans... don't forget man. What are we Patriots fans thinking? We should just forfeit.

...actually nah.. we'll see how this plays out. I think the Pats matchup very nicely against the Seahawks.

NEPatriots1

Reaction score
themunn":2jlbwp3d said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Gronkowski is the only player better than his 2013 counterpart, and there's not that much between them, it's like comparing Revis to Sherman
I agree with most of your points, but Gronk is a much superior player compared to Thomas and Brady wont throw ducks around the field and choke like Manning.

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
I don't think the Pats receivers scare our DB's or LB's at all. The only thing that scares me is the duration that our Defense is on the field. I Just hope we are able to stop the run and limit yards after catch on short throws and check downs. 3rd down defense will be crucial if we are to win. If we can do that and our offense clicks early. BLOWOUT Go Hawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
bostonhardo":uouaij6q said:
Not for nothing but it sort of is blind confidence based on the level of confidence and history.

Considering that the Seahawks have won the most recent Superbowl (last year) and are back to defend their title once again against a team that hasn't won a Superbowl in a decade.....I'd say there is plenty to be confident about. How many Patriots' fans were confident going into the 2005 Superbowl (SB39) after winning it in 2004 (SB38)? I'm sure there were many. To pull that card on Seahawks fans for feeling the same way is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

But even more amusing is the amount of Patriots fans coming on here, a Seahawk forum, and then whining about Seahawk fans being confident. It's like traveling to the North Pole and expecting to get a sun tan.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3rhriwh3 said:
hawkfan68":3rhriwh3 said:
50yrpatsfan":3rhriwh3 said:
themunn":3rhriwh3 said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Gronkowski is the only player better than his 2013 counterpart, and there's not that much between them, it's like comparing Revis to Sherman

It's a fair point, but I'd say that:
- Brady > Manning
- Belichick/McDaniels > Fox/Gase
- Denver played right into Seattle's hands with their attempted pick plays
- your D isn't as good right now compared to a year ago, especially in the QB pressure area.

While that may be true, it's better than any other team's defense that the Patriots have faced this season. They are by far the best defense this season. It wasn't close. On the other hand, the Seahawk defense has faced many offenses that are just as good as or better than the Patriots this season. Green Bay, Denver, and Dallas are either equal to or better offenses than what your team offers. Claim all you want about the Seahawk defense being weaker, it still is strong enough to stop the Patriots. We'll find how much on Sunday.

Denver was terrible, we crushed them mid year. Dallas's offense was OK but not in NE's class. Green Bay's your best comp, their offense is very good and similar to NE's. They had no trouble moving the ball on Seattle, and Rodgers had all day to throw. At Seattle. Expect a similar game this weekend except NE is better in the rz.

By the way, Romo said after their lucky win vs Detroit that the Lions D was the best they saw all year "by far" (i.e., including the historic Hawks D), and NE's offense didn't have too much trouble with Detroit's D this year.

So what....Romo is watching the Superbowl like the rest of us rather than playing in it. Maybe he needs to work on making it there first. Secondly, Romo played the Seahawks in week 6. That team was not playing as well as they have been at the end of the season. How were the Pats doing in week 6 compared to now? Didn't they get blown out by the Chiefs earlier in the season? Weak argument at best.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":370ieytj said:
Uncle Si":370ieytj said:

What happened last year has no bearing on the odds of this game. In August the odds were long. In September long. It's the Super Bowl. The fact they won it last year doesn't make this game harder. Absurd logic

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NEPatriots1":3e3ouxkk said:
themunn":3e3ouxkk said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

I agree with most of your points, but Gronk is a much superior player compared to Thomas and Brady wont throw ducks around the field and choke like Manning.

Do you remember his last two Super bowls?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
NEPatriots1":2pe6dpbi said:
themunn":2pe6dpbi said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

Manning and his Broncos in 2013 set the record of The Highest Scoring Season In NFL History, with 606 points. Holding them to 8 points at the SB was all Seahawks Defense.

The patriots this season scored 468 points. What makes you think that that Brady has more of a chance of running up the score than Manning?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Funny how this comparison changes when you see the rushing yards and TDs isn't it?

B7r5-07CUAEo0v2.png

Foghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2lz4c0v0 said:
Baldwin would probably put up like 1,200 yards in New England's offense, if not more. He is exactly the style of receiver that would thrive with Brady. On pure talent, he is way better than Edelman.

Deion Branch came to mind when I read this. Branch's and ADB's measurable's out of college are almost identical.

dradee

Reaction score
[?[/quote]

I wrote out a nice retort but then just deleted it. I'm not posting in here anymore since there is no point. Hawks fans gonna have blind confidence in Hawks, Patriots gonna have blind confidence in Pats and we will all find out who is really who on Sunday. Can't wait for the game. Go Patriots![/quote]

Agreed, looking at your opponents this past year the Jets games both stood out to me as a team similar in style to Seattle. Jets gave the Pats ALL they could handle and could have won both those games, Jets are a watered down "lite" version of Seattle. Sunday the Pats are gonna get the real deal served to them.

gargantual

Reaction score
bostonhardo":y2iekjd1 said:
8 out of the last 11 champion teams returning to the SB the next year won.

So even your historical (and not relevant) stats are at odds with your argument.

HansGruber

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2p1brkwq said:
themunn":2p1brkwq said:
Edelman v D.Thomas
LaFell v Decker
Amendola v Welker
Gronkowski v J.Thomas
Blount v Moreno

It's a fair point, but I'd say that:
- Brady > Manning
- Belichick/McDaniels > Fox/Gase
- Denver played right into Seattle's hands with their attempted pick plays
- your D isn't as good right now compared to a year ago, especially in the QB pressure area.
You are clueless. Please stop trying to talk about football.

Honestly, nobody here cares about your opinion and we all know you will disappear after your team loses on Sunday anyway.

You've already proven the only reason you're in this forum is to spout typical Patriots homer nonsense. Nobody here is interested and I'm not sure why you think they'd be, especially after the insanely stupid things you've said repeatedly. Would you seriously want to have a football conversation with someone who said Brady wasn't an elite quarterback? No, because that statement makes it clear that the person has no interest in real conversation and is just trolling or dumb.

That is you. Go away.