DK - just saying.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
As long as you and everyone who seems hell bent on creating a thread on the same stuff being discussed non stop with the same player, I will keep merging them.

What you also state or claim “as fact” is an opinion, nothing more. ✌️
Huh - if there's THAT much traffic - wouldn't that indicate that it's something that people care about?

Really? The Dude: "Well, that's just, like, your OPINION MAN"! -- that's the best you got? ;) Wanna quote me some YAC pre and post Russ? Wanna quote me some TD numbers pre and post Russ? Huh. I got lots of facts for ya.

Merge away!!!!

Let me create another thread from last night's Top Billin' episode. I'm fairly sure you're gonna like that!

;)

Jville

Reaction score
Well DK has moved on and is preparing for the upcoming game ................

................ good press conference on you tube

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well DK has moved on and is preparing for the upcoming game ................

................ good press conference on you tube

The most intriguing thing I heard in that press conference was that they told him not to discuss injuries.

I've heard many players discuss their injuries in the press in the past, so this strikes me as odd.

I wonder if the conspiracy theory that they used the injury to quietly bench him without the public knowing about it has some merit? I didn't think so, but after that little tidbit, it makes me wonder.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
DK is very physical at a position where that isn't super common. At least not at the level he brings. Had that play been live and K9 was running the rock in that direction and DK separated that cornerback from his soul in the way he did, y'all would be singing his praises.

He just needs to be keenly aware of when that physicality is a benefit and when it's a detriment.

Jville

Reaction score
The most intriguing thing I heard in that press conference was that they told him not to discuss injuries.

I've heard many players discuss their injuries in the press in the past, so this strikes me as odd.

I wonder if the conspiracy theory that they used the injury to quietly bench him without the public knowing about it has some merit? I didn't think so, but after that little tidbit, it makes me wonder.

Pete Carroll has been avoiding (some accuse him of dodging) injury details for some time. He did so again in his press conference today. There is a club monitor just out of view advising what can and can't be said during press conferences. I think it has more to do with NFL headquarters of New York directives and policy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll has been avoiding (some accuse him of dodging) injury details for some time. He did so again in his press conference today. There is a club monitor just out of view advising what can and can't be said during press conferences. I think it has more to do with NFL headquarters of New York directives and policy.

I've often seen Pete give soft answers when it comes to injuries, but never heard a player say they were told not to talk about their own injury. Just seems odd that would even be a thing since he said he plans to play this week.

Jville

Reaction score
I've often seen Pete give soft answers when it comes to injuries, but never heard a player say they were told not to talk about their own injury. Just seems odd that would even be a thing since he said he plans to play this week.

In addition to complying with directives, DK would be well advised to side track speculative rumors and inferences floating around on social media. If I had of been today's advisor off to the side, I would certainly have advised him to dismiss any injury question .... given all the noise thrown at him. There is no benefit to feeding media trolls.

sutz

Reaction score
Keep in mind that injury info is intel for the other teams in the league. Teams have always been "vague" about reporting them. 🤷‍♂️

JPatera76

Reaction score
Huh - if there's THAT much traffic - wouldn't that indicate that it's something that people care about?

Really? The Dude: "Well, that's just, like, your OPINION MAN"! -- that's the best you got? ;) Wanna quote me some YAC pre and post Russ? Wanna quote me some TD numbers pre and post Russ? Huh. I got lots of facts for ya.

Merge away!!!!

Let me create another thread from last night's Top Billin' episode. I'm fairly sure you're gonna like that!

;)

;) Keep it up

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter (waaaaay more hip to social media than me) said DK unfollowed the Seahawks on Instagram. If that is true that could be a sign of trouble ahead.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Might as well trade him now..he's probably read the blogs about him being traded and when the time comes when his contract is up he'll remember, he will be hurt and he'll just sign with someone else.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is noise.

He's not that expensive and is worth his contract and his upside potential is still point straight up.

Why trade him, draft speculation, Jake Bobo vs DK Metcalf, fun nonsense but frankly it's nonsense.

I doubt the Seahawks will trade him until at earliest the end of his present contract. In short don't hold your breath.

JPatera76

Reaction score
My daughter (waaaaay more hip to social media than me) said DK unfollowed the Seahawks on Instagram. If that is true that could be a sign of trouble ahead.
Meh I don’t put much stock into the whole instagram thing. Tbh

toffee

Reaction score
I think NFL players use 'unfollowing' or 'following' a team to send a message, let's say Seahawks' player A unfollowed Seahawks, but add Broncos to his follow list. DK must read all the talk about trading him, and he is not amused.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He has one real reason to leave in my mind and that’s if he wants to be in a megatron offense. We have the best place to be a football player in the nfl.