Derrick Coleman Arrested - Vehicular Assault

Rocket

Reaction score
pmedic920":3j1jannm said:
Its amazing what happens to the contents of a vehicle under these circumstances.
I can vouch for that... the inside of the car becomes a treasure trove of flying objects, some small, some painfully large.

I backed into a tree in a parking lot once. 5mph tops. I found myself in the trunk with my seat next to me. Honest, No $hit. It was a big-assed tree. I was barely moving. The alcohol might have been moving faster, I'm not sure.

I went to knock on the door of the girl I had just dropped off - I knocked on the wrong building.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cnwgxnq said:
aawolf":2cnwgxnq said:
I just thought of this: If he is deaf, he would not have a cell phone, so he may have been going to get help. Just speculation, of course, but it would seem logical for him to walk away from the scene if he couldn't call anyone for help.

You think deaf people can't text?

Phones have many uses and functions.

I am confused. What else are they used for besides texting? :D

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I will wait to get all the facts before passing judgment. But it sucks that this happened . . . first arrest in two seasons.

Will Tukuafu is a better blocker than Coleman. Nick Moody would probably be Coleman's equal on special teams.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":moyibnze said:
HawkFan72":moyibnze said:
aawolf":moyibnze said:
I just thought of this: If he is deaf, he would not have a cell phone, so he may have been going to get help. Just speculation, of course, but it would seem logical for him to walk away from the scene if he couldn't call anyone for help.

You think deaf people can't text?

Phones have many uses and functions.

I am confused. What else are they used for besides texting? :D

Looking at Seahawks.net when you're pooping at work.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ringless":38omvdk4 said:
rideaducati":38omvdk4 said:
Being deaf, it's kind of understandable that he may not have known that he hit someone because he didn't hear what happened. Being held without bail means someone was probably killed. I hope and pray that he wasn't drunk or high and that this was just a terrible accident.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -arrested/

Bellevue, WA Police ‏@BvuePD 10m10 minutes ago
We will be holding a press conference today at city hall at 2 p.m. To discuss the arrest of Derrick Coleman. No info before then

The other driver's collarbone was broken in the accident. Derrick Coleman supposedly got out of his truck and walked away from the accident. Was arrested nearby without incident.

Is nearby on the sidewalk? Or a few blocks away? The without bail apparently was because a Judge wasn't available at 1:30 AM.

SO things may not be as bad they seem. I hope not, I don't know the guy but after all I've read he doesnt seem the type to be a deviant.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/654768545746653184[/tweet]

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
The one team that a fullback matters on. I was picking Seattle this week but it looks like Panthers now

2_0_6

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1ydgi9ng said:
The one team that a fullback matters on. I was picking Seattle this week but it looks like Panthers now

If you think that he is the key to winning this game. Wow :roll:

Rocket

Reaction score
I watched the PC.

His speed seems to be the key issue here, allegedly "high rate of speed" plus of course the bloodwork and the ability of the dog to track him a full two blocks ("bellevue blocks") away.

Speed limit was 35.

kearly

Reaction score
Back in 2013, Coleman was killing us, then he finally had a breakout game against the Cardinals. However he didn't even finish the game and was put on IR for the year.

Now in 2015, he was sort of killing us, then had a breakout game against Cincy. And this happens.

Guy can't catch a break.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2edr3qsw said:
Will Tukuafu is a better pure fullback.

I agree. Especially if Lynch is in there. That said I thought Coleman did some really nice things in the last couple games.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/654766842427211776[/tweet]

The fact that he's yet to be charged with anything says to me there are still questions to be answered here, so I'm reserving judgement. Hopefully there was no malice in any of this and it was simply a tragic accident. We'll have to wait to find out more information before I can make a judgement either way

chris98251

Reaction score
Bellevue did this same crap with Lynch, quick to announce something with little or no facts, we seen how that came out, Bellevue seems to treat a Seahawk situation like they just busted John Dillinger.

drdiags

Reaction score
Some video of Coleman. Not sure if this was an interview with police or just KOMO

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EricJensenTV/status/654783144705417220[/tweet]

beasthawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2ka1587z said:
Some video of Coleman. Not sure if this was an interview with police or just KOMO

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EricJensenTV/status/654783144705417220[/tweet]

Dang! In my industry I see lots of people, one of the people I met was related to someone dating Coleman. All the person did was talk about how much of a humanitarian he was. I will see it as a lapse of judgement or a fight or flight result until proven otherwise.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will say this. Just by the video alone it doesn't appear that he is under the influence of any drugs or alcohol to me but admittedly I am not an expert in video analysis.

McGruff

Reaction score
Due to the player involved, his exemplary character and unique disability, and the circumstances of the scene, this has got to be one of the more bizarrre off field incidents in Seahawks history. Right up there with Ken Hamlin.

Too much here doesn't make sense. My best guess is he fell asleep and there was an accident. He may have been concussed, and at least disoriented.

I'm guessing this gets written off pretty quick.