Derrick Coleman Arrested - Vehicular Assault

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ivotuk":3798ylbo said:
ringless":3798ylbo said:
ivotuk":3798ylbo said:
"There was no way on God's green earth that Derrick Coleman was under the influence of anything."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2827549/Seah ... ttle-Times

I really liked the guys story and this makes me sad considering all that he overcame. However I am sure this is just a little bump and everything will work out

I think so. What the hell was he doing out at 1:20Am though? I wonder if he's on some kind of medication?
Booty call

rideaducati

Reaction score
Being deaf, it's kind of understandable that he may not have known that he hit someone because he didn't hear what happened. Being held without bail means someone was probably killed. I hope and pray that he wasn't drunk or high and that this was just a terrible accident.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3vd5phar said:
Being deaf, it's kind of understandable that he may not have known that he hit someone because he didn't hear what happened. Being held without bail means someone was probably killed. I hope and pray that he wasn't drunk or high and that this was just a terrible accident.
That's what I was trying to imagine, being deaf really would minimize your ability to be aware. Let's hope for the best.

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":3hqivog5 said:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -arrested/

Bellevue, WA Police ‏@BvuePD 10m10 minutes ago
We will be holding a press conference today at city hall at 2 p.m. To discuss the arrest of Derrick Coleman. No info before then

The other driver's collarbone was broken in the accident. Derrick Coleman supposedly got out of his truck and walked away from the accident. Was arrested nearby without incident.

Is nearby on the sidewalk? Or a few blocks away? The without bail apparently was because a Judge wasn't available at 1:30 AM.

SO things may not be as bad they seem. I hope not, I don't know the guy but after all I've read he doesnt seem the type to be a deviant.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
rideaducati":2bdlavzh said:

You have to be joking. He ran in to another car. Deaf or not, he knew what happened. If your handicap impaired you to a point where you couldn't tell that you collided with another vehicle you wouldn't be granted a license.

dbmack

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":y4ksh00m said:
rideaducati":y4ksh00m said:
That's what I was trying to imagine, being deaf really would minimize your ability to be aware. Let's hope for the best.
Hearing people have no idea about being deaf. Yes, we would know we hit something and no it doesn't minimize our ability to be aware.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
ringless":1qp2o9if said:
rideaducati":1qp2o9if said:

We will be holding a press conference today at city hall at 2 p.m. To discuss the arrest of Derrick Coleman. No info before then

The other driver's collarbone was broken in the accident. Derrick Coleman supposedly got out of his truck and walked away from the accident. Was arrested nearby without incident.

Is nearby on the sidewalk? Or a few blocks away? The without bail apparently was because a Judge wasn't available at 1:30 AM.

SO things may not be as bad they seem. I hope not, I don't know the guy but after all I've read he doesnt seem the type to be a deviant.

Generally in larger counties (King) they have a magistrate on 24 hour duty on the weekends, but I don't know about the weekdays. They probably had a bail hearing this morning, and he might've been denied bail for the moment because if they suspected he was under the influence they have to hold him I think for 12 hours.

At any rate, let's not pass judgment until more comes out.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":3osmz9si said:
rideaducati":3osmz9si said:

Well, it's good to see that this happened at 6:30 pm and not at the 1:20am that was floating around. He also isn't being held without bail, he is being held until he sees the judge, which is normal. Nobody was seriously injured is also great news.

We don't know why he walked away, but he may have been disoriented or going for help. This doesn't have the look of a serious problem for him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":25419bal said:
rideaducati":25419bal said:

Couldn't tell that he hit another car because he's deaf? Give me a freaking break lol.

Being held without bail probably means he's waiting for an arraignment. Why do people jump to these conclusions?

OP
OP
marko358

marko358

Reaction score
Perhaps he was walking away because he was shell-shocked. After all, he just got into a car accident.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Laloosh":h98itx8n said:
Siouxhawk":h98itx8n said:
rideaducati":h98itx8n said:

Couldn't tell that he hit another car because he's deaf? Give me a freaking break lol.

Being held without bail probably means he's waiting for an arraignment. Why do people jump to these conclusions?

I didn't have all the info and was "SPECULATING" on possibilities. I did not know that he hit a car and was "SPECULATING" thinking he hit a pedestrian. I also saw people saying that this happened at 1:20am, not the actual 6:30pm, so I was thinking it was dark too.

Maybe you have never driven a full size pickup truck and don't realize how it would be possible to hit something and only know you hit something because you HEARD it happen. It CAN happen. Go take your freaking break now.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 28s29 seconds ago
The Seattle Seahawks have suspended Derrick Coleman indefinitely pending further information.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
rideaducati":2mei6mww said:
ringless":2mei6mww said:
rideaducati":2mei6mww said:

Well, it's good to see that this happened at 6:30 pm and not at the 1:20am that was floating around. He also isn't being held without bail, he is being held until he sees the judge, which is normal. Nobody was seriously injured is also great news.

We don't know why he walked away, but he may have been disoriented or going for help. This doesn't have the look of a serious problem for him.

This is why I always hate the initial reports--being denied bail, and being held without bail because you haven't seen the magistrate are two wholly different scenarios.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
dbmack":3swvyqvu said:
Siouxhawk":3swvyqvu said:
rideaducati":3swvyqvu said:
Hearing people have no idea about being deaf. Yes, we would know we hit something and no it doesn't minimize our ability to be aware.
Please don't take offense and I'm not calling you into question, but I instinctively turn my music down when I experience difficult driving conditions. Don't know why, but I do. And I too initially thought this happened in the wee hours of the morning when visibility also would be reduced.

mikeak

Reaction score
ringless":3r2elhef said:
rideaducati":3r2elhef said:

Walking away indicates one of two things in my OPINION

1) He was under the influence

2) He hit his head / or similiar

People FREQUENTLY act very strange after a car accident. I have seen a person just randomly walking around the highway that we pulled off before he walked into traffic. He was about 50 yards from an accident that he was in. I read about it afterwards and it is not that uncommon

drdiags

Reaction score
KIRO has a 10 sec video up that may be from the crash. Here is a picture of one of the vehicles (not sure if Coleman's or the victim):

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KIRO7Seattle/status/654705136258805760[/tweet]

drdiags

Reaction score
Here is the gif shot from the above still picture:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ClancyKIRO7/status/654707485090054144[/tweet]

Laloosh

Reaction score
mikeak":2w0ttlia said:
Walking away indicates one of two things in my OPINION

1) He was under the influence

2) He hit his head / or similiar

Seems reasonable.