Derrick Coleman Arrested - Vehicular Assault

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
dbmack":23kbug9x said:
chris98251":23kbug9x said:
Being deaf he may have a speech impediment because he has had to learn to speak without hearing himself, not any different then how someone from the south or from a foreign country sounds speaking. It's not an impediment it's how he learned to pronounce certain words.
This is true but some of us prefer to call it a deaf accent instead of a speech impediment.

I don't think there is any offense made here so non should be taken. It's an impediment that's it. A lisp is not a tooth accent. Speech control is degenerative in itself. People with hearing loss (hearing impediment) have nothing to be ashamed of.

dbmack

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2c81a528 said:
dbmack":2c81a528 said:
chris98251":2c81a528 said:
Being deaf he may have a speech impediment because he has had to learn to speak without hearing himself, not any different then how someone from the south or from a foreign country sounds speaking. It's not an impediment it's how he learned to pronounce certain words.
This is true but some of us prefer to call it a deaf accent instead of a speech impediment.

I don't think there is any offense made here so non should be taken. It's an impediment that's it. A lisp is not a tooth accent. Speech control is degenerative in itself. People with hearing (hearing impediment) loss have nothing to be ashamed of.
Look it up, it's a real thing. I didn't make it up. I have been hard of hearing all my life. Trust me, people can very mean about it and growing up it was something we were shamed about. It has gotten better over the years thanks to people like Derrick Coleman and others but there are still people who make jokes or ridicule people for it. I see it all the time, even on this board.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
dbmack":opxcq357 said:
seahawkfreak":opxcq357 said:
dbmack":opxcq357 said:
chris98251":opxcq357 said:

I don't think there is any offense made here so non should be taken. It's an impediment that's it. A lisp is not a tooth accent. Speech control is degenerative in itself. People with hearing (hearing impediment) loss have nothing to be ashamed of.
Look it up, it's a real thing. I didn't make it up. I have been hard of hearing all my life. Trust me, people can very mean about it and growing up it was something we were shamed about. It has gotten better over the years thanks to people like Derrick Coleman and others but there are still people who make jokes or ridicule people for it. I see it all the time, even on this board.

No I get it. I couldn't imagine going through middle school with it. Personally that's kinda why I feel more defensive of Coleman, in the aspect of I hate seeing him treated differently because of his handicap. Even if it is compassionate. I just believe he wouldn't want that.

Exittium

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":1cei4zgw said:
Exittium":1cei4zgw said:
For a vehicle to be on its side.. That takes some speed..
No it doesn't.
The original picture that was shown, which now was confirmed to be that of a different accident is what that comment was based off of.

Once more proof twitter is the devil

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BhavishaPatel/status/654768396479819777[/tweet]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Exittium":1q6vm1ry said:
StaffAmerica74":1q6vm1ry said:
Exittium":1q6vm1ry said:
No it doesn't.
The original picture that was shown, which now was confirmed to be that of a different accident is what that comment was based off of.

This is so unprofessional! If he comes back clean I hope he sues her for libel. What are the signs? There may be some but what does she think they are? You don't speculate without sufficient evidence. Then tries to cover by saying 'waiting for the test results.' Don't you wait for the results first. Journalism in the past 75 years is so disgusting.

Exittium

Reaction score
Hey.. So how is SE36th to SE37th a significant distance?... This whole thing just shown how shit reporting has become

ringless

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":qd6vhbpt said:
Exittium":qd6vhbpt said:
StaffAmerica74":qd6vhbpt said:
Exittium":qd6vhbpt said:
No it doesn't.

This is so unprofessional! If he comes back clean I hope he sues her for libel. What are the signs? There may be some but what does she think they are? You don't speculate without sufficient evidence. Then tries to cover by saying 'waiting for the test results.' Don't you wait for the results first. Journalism in the past 75 years is so disgusting.

I am extremely curious to know how old you are now!

kf3339

Reaction score
The problem today in journalism is the instant reporting that never really was the case before social media. Before then you would sometimes get news flashes during the day on TV, but it had to be something really major or it was put off until the evening, or not reported at all.

Now ever reporter feels they have to be the first, so facts take a back seat and theory is reported. This is the world we live in today.

mikeak

Reaction score
Who thinks he was suspended so quickly due to the backlash from drafting Clark?

Just saying I think the team rather come out strong and then backtrack than vice versa

Seafan

Reaction score
None of us know what happened exactly.

Could have lost his cellphone in the crash.

Could have dozed off and that could have caused the crash and could have caused him to hit the accelerator.

Could have lost his hearing aids in the crash.

Could have been concussed in the crash.

I'll reserve judgement until we know the full story.

I do know he's been playing better this year as a FB and he is one of the best ST on the team and he will be missed.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score

Not what you think. I know media was really bad after the 50s. I also know Hollywood stayed very strong at least till the 60's. Sorry to disappoint :|

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
seahawkfreak":21mw4f47 said:

Not what you think. I know media was really bad after the 50s. I also know Hollywood stayed very strong at least till the 60's. Sorry to disappoint :|

o_O

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ringless":lazwx07i said:
seahawkfreak":lazwx07i said:

Going from his registry date, I'd have to deduce that he's at least 5 years old.

Rathbonebruce

Rob12

Reaction score
I'll never understand why people jump to conclusions without the facts.

It's stupid.

When Aldon Smith repeatedly got busted, I always waited for the facts to come out before throwing shade. The media is full of **** a good portion of the time, and I think it would be wise to let the facts come out. If Derrick was under the influence of anything, I trust that it will be swiftly dealt with by this front office. But the man has done nothing but do what he has been asked to do since he has been a part of this organization, and no one should be throwing out judgments on him until the dust clears and we actually know something.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Concussions can make you do crazy stuff. It was only the other week there was a college player stood next to the wrong huddle.

Seafan

Reaction score
mikeak":pugw6fi2 said:
Who thinks he was suspended so quickly due to the backlash from drafting Clark?

Just saying I think the team rather come out strong and then backtrack than vice versa

He was suspended to get an open roster spot. If he was out of jail it would be a different story.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pmedic920":3gx1jpip said:
BTW, I've seen absolutely nothing that indicates he attempted to allude authorities. Only that he left the scene. IMHO that's an important difference.

I agree it's a qualitative difference, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter much.

When Aldon Smith dinged up a car while pulling into his driveway IIRC he went into his house and got charged with leaving the scene too.

If you get in a major accident and break someone's collarbone you're REALLY better off staying at the scene, and if you can't find your phone or something you flag someone for help.

If the cops arrive on the scene and you're not there, every time the assumption is gonna be that you fled, if even you didn't and just "left."

Barthawk

Reaction score
DC is being released from jail w/o seeing the judge.. King County will investigate, said to take about a month. My question is why the hell did they put him (or anyone) in jail for two days if they didn't have enough to charge him? This reeks of incompetence to me. One month to figure out what happened seems excessive..

Do the Hawks keep him on the suspended list because of a potential knee jerk reaction by the BPD? Did DC ever get treated on the scene for potential injuries? Lots of questions here.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Barthawk":2labsi0m said:
DC is being released from jail w/o seeing the judge.. King County will investigate, said to take about a month. My question is why the hell did they put him (or anyone) in jail for two days if they didn't have enough to charge him? This reeks of incompetence to me. One month to figure out what happened seems excessive..

Do the Hawks keep him on the suspended list because of a potential knee jerk reaction by the BPD? Did DC ever get treated on the scene for potential injuries? Lots of questions here.
Exactly. What...the...hell...Bellevue?!

Rocket

Reaction score
Rob12":o2l3emm7 said:
I'll never understand why people jump to conclusions without the facts.

It's stupid.

When Aldon Smith repeatedly got busted, I always waited for the facts to come out before throwing shade. The media is full of **** a good portion of the time, and I think it would be wise to let the facts come out. If Derrick was under the influence of anything, I trust that it will be swiftly dealt with by this front office. But the man has done nothing but do what he has been asked to do since he has been a part of this organization, and no one should be throwing out judgments on him until the dust clears and we actually know something.

See 1st half of sig, below.