Dear Pete Caroll

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Atradees":2jjqoidx said:
Are not Shanny and Holmgren the same guy? I would like Holmgren to build the Oline.

Shanahan was was some what flexible to his talent. Holmgren would be worse then Bevell with the current talent on offense. Can you imagine Wilson being mandated to take snaps under center and be restricted to 5 step drops?

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2z6dahti said:
Donn2390":2z6dahti said:
Fade":2z6dahti said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. It has succeeded in the past only due to the amazing talents of Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who can make up for the incompetence around them, but those days are coming to end soon (Lynch Age) (Russell can't do it by himself surrounded by poorly coached players) without new upgraded offensive coaches you Pete Carroll will revert back to your 8-8 ways before you stumbled into Russell Wilson in the first place.

Please hire your friend Mike Shanahan to run the offense. His offensive scheme is what you're trying to run. Why not go get the genuine article.

-Mike Shanahan doesn't need high picked, or paid RB's to have a successful run game.
-Mike Shanahan is the best in the business at building a pass game that plays off the run game.
-Mike Shanahan has a better understanding of the offense that Pete Carroll is attempting to run.
-Mike Shanahan can help fix the small details that are being overlooked on a play to play basis.
-Mike Shanahan can bring leadership, and discipline to the offensive side of the ball.
-Mike Shanahan will properly use Jimmy Graham, see Shannon Sharpe (who couldn't block either.)

-Paul Allen has the money to get it done. Get it done.
I'm really sorry I even read this stupid post. I suggest you find a team to support that you like.
That would be too easy. He has 3 Seahawks on his fantasy team and thinks Shanahan would help put up pinball numbers, thereby helping him win $125. But it's OK, Pete doesn't read this garbage anyhow.

I don't play fantasy football. I agree with Pete Carroll's vision on how he wants the offense to look in his mind.( A Shanahan style run game w/WCO passing built off of it.). It just isn't being implemented, and structured properly, and never will until changes are made with the offensive coaching staff. How many more times can the Hawks rely on a Marshawn Lynch run that is poorly blocked, but he makes it happen anyway, or Russell Wilson pulling a rabbit out of the hat? My argument is that it is not sustainable, and coaching up the role players, and having better structure on offense is the only way for sustained success going forward.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Bitter":o4ja120v said:
Atradees":o4ja120v said:
Are not Shanny and Holmgren the same guy? I would like Holmgren to build the Oline.

Shanahan was was some what flexible to his talent. Holmgren would be worse then Bevell with the current talent on offense. Can you imagine Wilson being mandated to take snaps under center and be restricted to 5 step drops?

Very good point.

mrt144

Reaction score
Let me know when you're done beating strawmen.

I vaguely said that Atlanta had issues beyond coaching and you replied with the most ham fisted strawman you could conjure that wasn't related to my point. I also disputed that fans belly aching had any real meaning. I went to pro football reference and football outsiders (dvoa has him around 15% the past 3 seasons) to look at stats and honestly, the wins and losses over the past two years aren't owned by the OC alone. Their defense was old and terrible, their running backs just old, Julio injured and Roddy aging. And yet Matt Ryan was relatively consistent in those two most recent seasons when the falcons blew it.

You rushed to a faulty premise of my reasoning and i hope its not because you're too small minded to consider alternative ideas to your own, just that you're so in love with yourself youd feel you were cheating if you even took a glance at other people's opinions.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Fade":2crzqhbr said:
Siouxhawk":2crzqhbr said:
Donn2390":2crzqhbr said:
Fade":2crzqhbr said:
You are in over your head when it comes to offensive football at the professional level. Now I know you love to have your say on the that side of the ball, and Darrell Bevell is a good yes man for you, and Tom Cable talks a good game, but this offense is an abomination from all aspects. It has succeeded in the past only due to the amazing talents of Russell Wilson, and Marshawn Lynch who can make up for the incompetence around them, but those days are coming to end soon (Lynch Age) (Russell can't do it by himself surrounded by poorly coached players) without new upgraded offensive coaches you Pete Carroll will revert back to your 8-8 ways before you stumbled into Russell Wilson in the first place.

Please hire your friend Mike Shanahan to run the offense. His offensive scheme is what you're trying to run. Why not go get the genuine article.

-Mike Shanahan doesn't need high picked, or paid RB's to have a successful run game.
-Mike Shanahan is the best in the business at building a pass game that plays off the run game.
-Mike Shanahan has a better understanding of the offense that Pete Carroll is attempting to run.
-Mike Shanahan can help fix the small details that are being overlooked on a play to play basis.
-Mike Shanahan can bring leadership, and discipline to the offensive side of the ball.
-Mike Shanahan will properly use Jimmy Graham, see Shannon Sharpe (who couldn't block either.)

-Paul Allen has the money to get it done. Get it done.
I'm really sorry I even read this stupid post. I suggest you find a team to support that you like.
That would be too easy. He has 3 Seahawks on his fantasy team and thinks Shanahan would help put up pinball numbers, thereby helping him win $125. But it's OK, Pete doesn't read this garbage anyhow.

I don't play fantasy football. I agree with Pete Carroll's vision on how he wants the offense to look in his mind.( A Shanahan style run game w/WCO passing built off of it.). It just isn't being implemented, and structured properly, and never will until changes are made with the offensive coaching staff. How many more times can the Hawks rely on a Marshawn Lynch run that is poorly blocked, but he makes it happen anyway, or Russell Wilson pulling a rabbit out of the hat? My argument is that it is not sustainable, and coaching up the role players, and having better structure on offense is the only way for sustained success going forward.

Being that last night's game is the most-recent indicator of our offensive coaching staff's effectiveness, I'd say you are worrying about nothing, aside from shoring up our pass protection and run blocking (which took a step backward in my opinion). But that game could easily have been a blowout in our run-option scheme. Graham and Lockett both had touchdowns written all over their routes had Russ been able to set and get the pass off. Guys like Matthews and B.J. Daniels were being involved in the pass game. Lockett was a shoestring tackle from taking a bubble screen (yes, a bubble screen) to the house. Had Sweezy layed the wood to the one defender that tackled Rawls, another major gainer would have been in the books. Heck, we would have likely been sitting on a comfortable 10-point lead had Sweezy not ole'd his block and let Russ be stripped of the ball for the defensive touchdown. The sky is not falling, but the clouds are parting.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Rocket":3a5jkll4 said:
Zebulon Dak":3a5jkll4 said:
Stupid post.
You crack me up... :th2thumbs:

You crack up easy. #Lame.

Tell you what, Me and Fade will take on you and your BFF in basketball. First team to 15 by ones.

Hope you can play a little, Fade. I'll take the smartarse or bat fastard, whichever ones better. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
mrt144":28igy1dy said:
Let me know when you're done beating strawmen.

I vaguely said that Atlanta had issues beyond coaching and you replied with the most ham fisted strawman you could conjure that wasn't related to my point. I also disputed that fans belly aching had any real meaning. I went to pro football reference and football outsiders (dvoa has him around 15% the past 3 seasons) to look at stats and honestly, the wins and losses over the past two years aren't owned by the OC alone. Their defense was old and terrible, their running backs just old, Julio injured and Roddy aging. And yet Matt Ryan was relatively consistent in those two most recent seasons when the falcons blew it.

You rushed to a faulty premise of my reasoning and i hope its not because you're too small minded to consider alternative ideas to your own, just that you're so in love with yourself youd feel you were cheating if you even took a glance at other people's opinions.

My Original Response
Fade":28igy1dy said:
Matt Ryan has been under siege the last 3 years.
Devante Freeman a 5th round pick NO NAME is now a stud. --> Shanahan.[/quote.]

you respond
mrt144":28igy1dy said:
And he's performed consistently.

I respond
Fade":28igy1dy said:
His numbers were effected to, and his sacks climbed 50%, now he is on pace to have his best season by far,

you respond (snidely) failing to counter my point.
mrt144 said:
I'm glad you agree then[/quote.]

Where is the strawman? I am talking about Kyle Shanahan coaching up the ATL offense, and you snidely attack me. then claim strawman.

I am done responding to you.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Conversely, maybe the offense would be better if Pete Carroll were to meddle a little more and not trust Bevell and Cable so much.

Neither of us knows which (if either) is actually true, so I guess we'll just have to let Pete handle things his way.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I'm with you fade, I'm starting to think that Bevell is not a good fit for Russell Wilson as a player. I really do think that Wilson struggles to see open receivers in the pocket. I, however think that can be schemed around. What Shanahan would do was put his mobile QB's, and pockets on the move with bootlegs. He made reads really simple for his QB's, and he took into account all of his players strengths and weaknesses. He was a west coast disciple but he was not rigid in his approach.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3saoxo8c said:
Rocket":3saoxo8c said:
Zebulon Dak":3saoxo8c said:
Stupid post.
You crack me up... :th2thumbs:

You crack up easy. #Lame.

Tell you what, Me and Fade will take on you and your BFF in basketball. First team to 15 by ones.

Hope you can play a little, Fade. I'll take the smartarse or bat fastard, whichever ones better. :th2thumbs:

I was a Varsity Basketball Player growing up. We would smoke them.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3vhigvdw said:
I'm with you fade, I'm starting to think that Bevell is not a good fit for Russell Wilson as a player. I really do think that Wilson struggles to see open receivers in the pocket. I, however think that can be schemed around. What Shanahan would do was put his mobile QB's, and pockets on the move with bootlegs. He made reads really simple for his QB's, and he took into account all of his players strengths and weaknesses. He was a west coast disciple but he was not rigid in his approach.

That is what I'm trying to say. I may be too abrasive for some to handle. I call a ball a ball, a strike a strike. I don't sugar coat.

themunn

Reaction score
lol Shanahan who has only won 1 playoff game since Elway retired

netskier

Reaction score
The abrasives are unnecessary, and counterproductive. I agree with your ideas, for the most part, and think they would be more easily accepted if you'd eliminate the abrasives, or at least use a finer "grit".

netskier

Reaction score
I think that one of the goals here should be to disclose truth, and then achieve consensus.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
sc85sis":3a8tefkg said:
Conversely, maybe the offense would be better if Pete Carroll were to meddle a little more and not trust Bevell and Cable so much.

Neither of us knows which (if either) is actually true, so I guess we'll just have to let Pete handle things his way.

I think you're right.

Pete doesn't have the time to run the organization, coach his defense, and fiddle with the offense. He is only 1 man. He needs to upgrade his coaching staff on Offense, or the issues will continue, or as it appears they are getting worse.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
themunn":agowylux said:
lol Shanahan who has only won 1 playoff game since Elway retired

Good thing I'm not wishing he were the HC, but an OC.

kf3339

Reaction score
charcoalbg":1nplud8h said:
First post here and I normally do not post in any forums but I just have to vent on the past 4 game offensive strategies (lack of). Bottom line I saw absolutely no adjustments on the Offense side. Like most of the time Bevell has 5-10 plays during a game running it over and over again hoping they succeed. During this Detroit game they were blitzing so often, could the OC not incorporate more low risk dink and dunk plays to ease off the pass rush. Then when Defense doesn't blitz you start going further down field? What's wrong with take what the Defense give you? I think they need more of these going forward so Russell can have more rhythm and more comfortable in pocket throwing.

In the original topic of other alternatives for OC, I am surprised no one mentioned Norm Chow? Wasn't he the mastermind OC during Pete's championship USC days? Plus didn't Norm make Vince Young in Tennessee look like a pro bowler?

Yes to both comments about Norm Chow. But the problem in the USC days was that PC didn't like to share the success so Norm went away.

At least that is what I remember.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Lol Coach gets a SB and some jersey buying fan is going to tell him how to run a business?!

Latest posts