Pete Carrol is a proven winner!

Rainger

Reaction score
Regardless of all the shade thrown his way on .net Pete is a great coach and the best in Hawks history.

That win puts PC 16th of all time on regular season wins passing our beloved Mike Holmgren. With 6 more wins he can move ahead of Paul Brown. 10 gets him past Shanahan and Coughlin. Hmmm maybe he can coach and manage a team.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People really need to keep this in mind at the end of the day.

This is one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the planet. He's reached the pinnacle at two separate levels. He's incredibly consistent and has never lead an outright stinker of a group. When you say things like "I could coach this team better," which some say... more seriously than others, please check yourself.

When there are things you don't understand about the decision making that goes into running the organization, remember that you're not privy to every piece of information and there, by default, is an infinite amount of detail that you don't have in any given scenario.

These are professionals, and they're damned great ones.

LTH

Reaction score
People really need to keep this in mind at the end of the day.

This is one of the greatest coaches to ever walk the planet. He's reached the pinnacle at two separate levels. He's incredibly consistent and has never lead an outright stinker of a group. When you say things like "I could coach this team better," which some say... more seriously than others, please check yourself.

When there are things you don't understand about the decision making that goes into running the organization, remember that you're not privy to every piece of information and there, by default, is an infinite amount of detail that you don't have in any given scenario.

These are professionals, and they're damned great ones.
This is a great post!

Lth

seabowl

Reaction score
Sorry, but his defense and defensive scheme the last five years has been quite poor. On offense after XLIX, he failed to put a decent offensive line in front of Wilson and had him running for his life for like five years. Yes he has been a very good coach and gotten them to the playoffs very consistently however, other than that run for a couple of years they never really have had a deep run and now it’s been nine years since even an NFCCG.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sorry, but his defense and defensive scheme the last five years has been quite poor. On offense after XLIX, he failed to put a decent offensive line in front of Wilson and had him running for his life for like five years. Yes he has been a very good coach and gotten them to the playoffs very consistently however, other than that run for a couple of years they never really have had a deep run and now it’s been nine years since even an NFCCG.
Some of the offensive lines were bad. Some of them were lowkey pretty damn good and being mostly screwed by Wilson. The entire Solari tenure comes to mind.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I could say the same thing about a lot of coaches and teams. What has Bill Bellycheat done since he lost TB???

And I call bullshit on the bad o lines in front of RW. We are all seeing it was always ME3 as the problem. Look what has and is happening in Denver

JPatera76

Reaction score
Some of the offensive lines were bad. Some of them were lowkey pretty damn good and being mostly screwed by Wilson. The entire Solari tenure comes to mind.
I think last seaons and the start of this season.. is telling in terms of looking at like, Denver's Oline.. Wilson being sacked 7 times, lol vs the amount of clean pockets Geno's had here. I think a majority of our olines where pretty damn good but looked way worse than they were due to Russell.

So far the last couple years while maybe not otherworldly, I will say they've been much cleaner and better.

seabowl

Reaction score
I think last seaons and the start of this season.. is telling in terms of looking at like, Denver's Oline.. Wilson being sacked 7 times, lol vs the amount of clean pockets Geno's had here. I think a majority of our olines where pretty damn good but looked way worse than they were due to Russell.

So far the last couple years while maybe no otherworldly, I will say they've been much cleaner and better.
Wilson is nowhere near the same player he was three years ago. From 2015–2020 Seattle’s offensive line pretty much sucked.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wilson is nowhere near the same player he was three years ago. From 2015–2020 Seattle’s offensive line pretty much sucked.
2016 and 2017, yes. 2018-2020, I can't agree. Duane Brown played elite ball during that stretch, Pocic and Britt were serviceable (if not pretty decent!) centers, Brandon Shell put together some above average play at RT for stretches, and they had up and down guard play.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Disagree from 2015 to 2020 ME3 sucked. Geno is proving that today he was playing with 2nd and third strin O line. RW would be bailing out into 7 sacks if he had been playing in today's game.

But don't hijack the thread seabowl, Pete is the 16th winnigest coach of all time in the NFL all yourspin diverting does not take that away.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Pete gets no credit for winning with such a below avg qb for so many years. Its amazing how he worked with what he had and built the right team to compensate. I just wish he'd fire Hurtt....

seabowl

Reaction score
2016 and 2017, yes. 2018-2020, I can't agree. Duane Brown played elite ball during that stretch, Pocic and Britt were serviceable (if not pretty decent!) centers, Brandon Shell put together some above average play at RT for stretches, and they had up and down guard play.
Pocic was not very good at all and Shell was average

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Again, I disagree, and I think it's telling that Pocic immediately got his due when he started for the Browns.

It wasn't random.

Also, Shell played perfectly decent ball for, bar none, the hardest quarterback in the league to block successfully for.

I stand by my assertion that the offensive lines from 2018 to 2021 were middling to good, and each passing day with Russ gone and Geno here seems to back it up. The units need to be viewed in proper context.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Quit trying to derail the thread. It is not about Pocic or shell or O lines. PC is a top winning coach. All the PC haters can't take that away. All the hand wringing by you does not stop he is the 16th best of all time and will be 10 by the end of the year.
What the FU*K does pocic and shell have to do with his win total?????

seabowl

Reaction score
Disagree from 2015 to 2020 ME3 sucked. Geno is proving that today he was playing with 2nd and third strin O line. RW would be bailing out into 7 sacks if he had been playing in today's game.

But don't hijack the thread seabowl, Pete is the 16th winnigest coach of all time in the NFL all yourspin diverting does not take that away.
I can’t believe how off-base this post actually is. ME3 as you call him, threw for 195 touchdowns and 55 interceptions during that time frame you said that he sucked? On top of that, he was escaping incredible amounts of pressure because of a pure crap offensive line for the most part. During one of those seasons he sustained a high ankle sprain and played through it the entire year. I don’t remember any other quarterback or almost any player at any position doing that.

Sorry, but this board has an incredibly short memory on Wilson, the terrible offense of line he played behind for years, and on how many years now in a row the Hawks have had a terrible defense. I love what Pete has brought to this team and the championship he delivered, however, they haven’t sniffed anything close to it in almost a decade. Fact!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pete is an all time great and the best we’ve ever had. It’s also ok to at times be critical of some stuff. We have 1 playoff win in 6 years and it’s when their starting QB got hurt when the game started. Both can be true. I’ll truly miss Pete when he’s done partly because his tenure has been absolutely fascinating. As much as I hate the Pete can do nothing right crowd the Pete can do nothing wrong crowd can be just as annoying.

To the main point congrats to Pete for the win. Passing Holmgren(who I think is underrated) is no easy feat!

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
I can’t believe how off-base this post actually is. ME3 as you call him, threw for 195 touchdowns and 55 interceptions during that time frame you said that he sucked. On top of that, he was escaping incredible amounts of pressure because of a pure crap or offensive line for the most part. During one of those seasons he sustained a high ankle sprain and played through it the entire year. I don’t remember any other quarterback for almost any player at any position doing that.

Sorry, but this board has an incredibly short memory on Wilson, the terrible offense of line he played behind for years, and on how many years now in a row the Hawks have had a terrible defense. I love what Pete has brought to this team and the championship he delivered, however, they haven’t sniffed anything close to it in almost a decade. Fact!
And I can't believe how you keep trying to derail the thread away from the fact that the win today put PC 16th all time with wins and he will be 10th or better by the end of the year. If you don't want to talk about his record then please STFU.

And to comment to PNW I do see Petes errors etc. He can do wrong but he is the best coach in Hawks history

seabowl

Reaction score
And I can't believe how you keep trying to derail the thread away from the fact that the win today put PC 16th all time with wins and he will be 10th or better by the end of the year. If you don't want to talk about his record then please STFU.

And to comment to PNW I do see Petes errors etc. He can do wrong but he is the best coach in Hawks history
I have been on this message board since the 90s and have the upmost respect for the members on this board. With that said, nobody on this board has ever been so disrespectful that they told me to STFU. You are way out of line.

Latest posts