@DangerPuss is struggling in practice.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I always laugh when a online person calls a athlete a pussy or a name that they never would in person to them. These athletes(including Russ) would beat your face in. So really the name caller is really the soft one and a coward.

Gross people support it. Talk X and O's or say why you think they are not good enough with stats? Cool. Calling them personal names is weak.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That MNF game was a complete abortion from the Broncos perspective. They had several delay of game penalties, one inside the 10 that arguably took away points, and were late getting to the LOS the entire game, the worst of it all coming in the waning moments when they couldn't make their minds up on a long distance FG attempt or a 4th and 5 play at near 50% odds of converting effort from their $1/4B quarterback, eventually settling on what would have been a record FG in an open air stadium at sea level. They literally weren't ready for Prime Time.

That's how they tried to spin the field-goal attempt at the end of the game, but if you watch the video, that's not how it happened.

Hackett had sent in a play to go for it on fourth down, which gave them a much better chance of success than attempting a field goal a yard longer than the one that held the record as the longest in the history of the league for 43 years. The Broncos lined up and Wilson started calling the signals. But he didn't call for the snap. Watch the video. Broncos players turn to look at Wilson and try to figure out what he's doing and why he's not starting the play (hint: a person hearing a description of what Wilson was doing might think he needed the Heimlich maneuver). The play clock winds down and the Broncos have to call the time out. When the time out is called, the QB who had claimed repeatedly that he "live[d] for" such situations, trots off the field, doesn't go near the coach to talk about another play to try, nor to try to argue for going for it, even though everyone knew that would give the team a better chance of success. He just goes straight to the bench.

Yellow-ass Wilson chickened out 🐔. I want to be clear that this is not about fighting or who could beat up whom. Wilson could almost certainly squash me like a bug. He outweighs me by at least 70 pounds, is a lot younger, and exercises a lot more than I do. This is about Wilson claiming repeatedly in the media that he "lives for" game-deciding situations, but then totally chickening out of one against his former team and throwing the head coach and kicker under the bus so the loss would be on them rather than on Wilson ending the game with a failure to get a first down or a score on that play. Wilson made a business decision that it was better for his personal brand for the Broncos to lose on a long field-goal attempt than for him to risk being involved on the Broncos' final play and not being successful.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's how they tried to spin the field-goal attempt at the end of the game, but if you watch the video, that's not how it happened.

Hackett had sent in a play to go for it on fourth down, which gave them a much better chance of success than attempting a field goal a yard longer than the one that held the record as the longest in the history of the league for 43 years. The Broncos lined up and Wilson started calling the signals. But he didn't call for the snap. Watch the video. Broncos players turn to look at Wilson and try to figure out what he's doing and why he's not starting the play (hint: a person hearing a description of what Wilson was doing might think he needed the Heimlich maneuver). The play clock winds down and the Broncos have to call the time out. When the time out is called, the QB who had claimed repeatedly that he "live[d] for" such situations, trots off the field, doesn't go near the coach to talk about another play to try, nor to try to argue for going for it, even though everyone knew that would give the team a better chance of success. He just goes straight to the bench.

Yellow-ass Wilson chickened out 🐔. I want to be clear that this is not about fighting or who could beat up whom. Wilson could almost certainly squash me like a bug. He outweighs me by at least 70 pounds, is a lot younger, and exercises a lot more than I do. This is about Wilson claiming repeatedly in the media that he "lives for" game-deciding situations, but then totally chickening out of one against his former team and throwing the head coach and kicker under the bus so the loss will be on them rather than on Wilson ending the game with a failure to get a first down or a score on that play. Wilson made a business decision that it was better for his personal brand for the Broncos to lose on a long field-goal attempt than for him to risk being involved on the Broncos' final play and not being successful.
Well, that's one way to look at it, and IMO your pure hatred for Russell has forced you to think that's how it all came down. But there were other viable possibilities that you haven't considered. Hackett might have had his mind made up from the get-go that he was going for the FG attempt and Wilson was out there to run time off the clock and force the Hawks to call their last timeout, which in fact, they did.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
I
Well, that's one way to look at it, and IMO your pure hatred for Russell has forced you to think that's how it all came down. But there were other viable possibilities that you haven't considered. Hackett might have had his mind made up from the get-go that he was going for the FG attempt and Wilson was out there to run time off the clock and force the Hawks to call their last timeout, which in fact, they did.

Even if your theory is correct, Hackett still should have lined up and ran more time off the clock and made the FG attempt the last play of the game. But as it was, had the FG attempt succeeded, the Hawks would have had enough time, around 10-12 seconds, for at least 1 and as many as 3 plays, needing only a FG to win.

No matter how you slice it, it was a huge cluster phuck that falls directly on Hackett's shoulders. He was a rookie head coach who was in way over his head.

IMO Hackett should have delegated the play calling responsibilities so he could concentrate on game and clock management. Even the most experienced of coaches, with Mike Holmgren coming to mind, have a difficult time multi tasking in a game situation. It also causes them to completely forget about the other two units on the team, which had they not had their nose stuck in that Denny's menu, could give him some insight that could help with subjective game management decisions. Although it's very common for the HC to do the play calling, it's always been something I've felt is unwise.

I am so thankful S Payton is the coach in Denver, for no other reason than justifiable criticism of Russ can't be placed at anyone's feet but his own.

Russ was a remarkable football player, an incredibly gifted thrower of the football, and brought Seattle some of the most memorable moments in franchise history. But never have I seen a player who's flaws, however obvious, we're so completely overlooked, dismissed or ignored by so many. While he was here, virtually everytime something went wrong for the offense, it was the fault of some coach or other position group / player: Darrel Bevell, the offensive line, poor receivers, poor play design, an old coach, Brian Schottenheimer, an unqualified owner, a corrupt front office, the defense, the run game, Shane Waldron, a HC who was intercepting 'good play calls' in favor of his own, Ciara, etc. Etc. Etc. And when he was free of all of the above, and he fell utterly flat on his face, irrespective of a play call, his o line, or anything else, blame STILL gets shuffled to his disgraced coach.

Their are no more chairs to move around the deck of that sinking ship. If the O line struggles, Payton can work around it. If the running game is slow to start, Payton can scheme around it. WHATEVER can go wrong around Wilson in Denver, Payton can still find a way to move the ball and adapt.

The one thing neither he, nor any other coach in the league can do for too long, is make up for a qb who can't diagnose plays or see the field - at least not any better than has already been shown during Wilson's time here. And those tricks have been well documented now.

Thank you coach Payton, from me, the other Russ critics (not haters) and on behalf of everyone else who was thrown under the bus so that Mr Unlimited could maintain his facade.

No more excuses. Finally.

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Yellow-ass Wilson chickened out 🐔. I want to be clear that this is not about fighting or who could beat up whom. Wilson could almost certainly squash me like a bug. He outweighs me by at least 70 pounds, is a lot younger, and exercises a lot more than I do. This is about Wilson claiming repeatedly in the media that he "lives for" game-deciding situations, but then totally chickening out of one against his former team and throwing the head coach and kicker under the bus so the loss would be on them rather than on Wilson ending the game with a failure to get a first down or a score on that play. Wilson made a business decision that it was better for his personal brand for the Broncos to lose on a long field-goal attempt than for him to risk being involved on the Broncos' final play and not being successful.
EXACTLY!

During that game, the kicker notably lobbied the coaching staff for the opportunity to kick a game winning field goal, saying if you get me to this yard line and this hash mark, I can make it! (That self confidence was not misplaced. He was punching them in from that distance in warmups, and he damn near did it twice again in the critical moment.)

Where was the corresponding lobbying job from Wilson, begging for the opportunity to put the ball in his own hands for that clutch game-winning or drive-continuing play? It never happened. Never happened.

Hackett has taken a lot of heat for that field goal. But you know that at some point during the season, he had to realize that Russ came with a load of unexpected negatives, and was not all he was cracked up to be. If that realization happened during game one, then going for the field goal may well have been the most logical and rational choice.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
This. I think he's cared more about simply making as much money as he can for a long time. Maybe since 2019. Everything since around that time has been about maxing out his last contract.
I don't know if it is money so much as it is becoming and Icon of some sort. I don't think he cares what type of Icon. Ciara can't vault him to stardom. She is a "C' list celeb at best. His path to Icon-hood relies solely on his football accomplishments - which have been lackluster of late and that is being generous.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Totally agree on that line. I'll take the over, but only by a couple games. I think it'll happen sometime in November before Thanksgiving.
From what i read about their camp -------- ill sick to my prediction!

toffee

Reaction score

That's exactly what I saw watching the game! There should be no doubt that a play was sent to Wilson before the headset was turned off, we of course do not know what play was called, or was it just to draw the Hawks offside? Regardless, a play was sent from the coaches to Wilson, the rest, as you ably described, was that weird sequence of Wilson didn't call for snaps to his teammates' surprise. Then he walked off without talking to the coaches.

keasley45

Reaction score
That's exactly what I saw watching the game! There should be no doubt that a play was sent to Wilson before the headset was turned off, we of course do not know what play was called, or was it just to draw the Hawks offside? Regardless, a play was sent from the coaches to Wilson, the rest, as you ably described, was that weird sequence of Wilson didn't call for snaps to his teammates' surprise. Then he walked off without talking to the coaches.

Usually when you try to draw your opponent offsides, you act as though you are going to run a play to induce the offsides. It was obvious from Wilson's body language that they intended no such thing. And it was obvious from his teammates that they expected a play to be run.

I think when he walked off he probably just relayed that he didn't like the play. Whether not running it was a unilateral decision he made or whether Hackett gave him the option, I don't know. Whether there was something to audible to or not, I don't know. But it's very easy to draw the conclusion that Russ wasn't confident because he wasn't comfortable. He didn't have a great game. He looked rattle throughout, and I'm pretty confident his decision to not go for the first was due to him not having the marbles (interpret that how you will) to do so.

He waffled.

And sadly his post-game statements that pushed the blame to Hackett when he stated he 'had faith in him'... Russ lost all cred when he showed he had no issue pushing fault to others to make himself look like the winner. So I don't give any credence to it as evidence that the final decision laid in his Coach's hands.

Just like in 2021 when he flat refused to run plays Waldron designed because he didn't want to show that he coukdnt run them, he chose to allow someone else to lose the game than let the masses see the truth.

Seahawker

Reaction score
As the aftermath and shock waves of the RW trade continue to unfold, I'm convinced that it will not come full circle until we draft our QBOTF with the Broncos traded 3rd round pick in 24'.
It's destiny.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
The whole RW affair is kind of cruel but this is the NFL. I thought they missed their chance at trading him and I never dreamed we would ever get so much out of him.

RW was the perfect fit for what we needed when we drafted him. Once the LOB and Marshawn were gone he wasn't. But he has given this team so much so God Bless Russell Wilson.

Also... never buy a car from JS or PC.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Usually when you try to draw your opponent offsides, you act as though you are going to run a play to induce the offsides. It was obvious from Wilson's body language that they intended no such thing. And it was obvious from his teammates that they expected a play to be run.

I think when he walked off he probably just relayed that he didn't like the play. Whether not running it was a unilateral decision he made or whether Hackett gave him the option, I don't know. Whether there was something to audible to or not, I don't know. But it's very easy to draw the conclusion that Russ wasn't confident because he wasn't comfortable. He didn't have a great game. He looked rattle throughout, and I'm pretty confident his decision to not go for the first was due to him not having the marbles (interpret that how you will) to do so.

He waffled.

And sadly his post-game statements that pushed the blame to Hackett when he stated he 'had faith in him'... Russ lost all cred when he showed he had no issue pushing fault to others to make himself look like the winner. So I don't give any credence to it as evidence that the final decision laid in his Coach's hands.

Just like in 2021 when he flat refused to run plays Waldron designed because he didn't want to show that he coukdnt run them, he chose to allow someone else to lose the game than let the masses see the truth.
I think that's more plausible than "he chickened out". If McManus was knocking it in from that distance in warm-ups, then maybe Russ's instructions were to get the ball to a specific point, say the Seattle 45. The historical odds of converting on 4th and 5 are about 45%, so it wasn't a slam dunk decision to go for it. A long time had passed between the time they signaled the ball ready for play and when Denver called timeout, and it was a massive, confused cluster, so who knows what was being said between Russell, the booth, and the sideline. Maybe they just got frustrated and said "F-it, kick the FG."

I still think it was a bad decision to try the FG. There's one heck of a difference knocking them in during warm-ups and doing it with 70,000 fans screaming their heads off, the opponent throwing the kitchen sink at you, and the game on the line. Plus, at 4-4:30pm when McManus was knocking them in during warm-ups, it's the hottest time of the day and has cooled significantly in 4+ hours, meaning that the ball won't travel as far. For my money, I let my $1/4 billion quarterback have a shot at converting the first down.

I'm the first one to say that Russell is an overrated quarterback, 2nd or 3rd tier, that his personality has taken a change for the worse, and that he had a horrible season. But some of you folks are just hell bent to make the worst possible assumptions about him to the point where you won't even consider other alternatives.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score

He waffled.

In other words he CHOKED!

toffee

Reaction score

He waffled.

Before Wilson walked off, a timeout was called. I assume the second a timeout was called, the headset switched on, but, remember the headset is one way? Coach talk and QB listen. There could be two possibilities:
  1. Hackett called for kicking over the headset, Wilson could approach Hackett and talk it over. He did no such thing.
  2. Hackett again sent in a play for Wilson, but he walked off without even a glance at Hackett. What choice did Hackett have? He sent in the kicking team.
Either way, Wilson walked slowly off the field without looking at or converses with his partner, oooops, head coach.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Before Wilson walked off, a timeout was called. I assume the second a timeout was called, the headset switched on, but, remember the headset is one way? Coach talk and QB listen. There could be two possibilities:
  1. Hackett called for kicking over the headset, Wilson could approach Hackett and talk it over. He did no such thing.
  2. Hackett again sent in a play for Wilson, but he walked off without even a glance at Hackett. What choice did Hackett have? He sent in the kicking team.
Either way, Wilson walked slowly off the field without looking at or converses with his partner, oooops, head coach.
The first timeout was called by the Broncos, their first of the half, the 2nd by the Seahawks, their last.

The fact that Russell didn't talk with or even glance at Hackett is irrelevant. Russell might have agreed with the decision to kick the FG for completely logical reasons that have nothing to do with his choking or chickening out. Like I keep saying, it's a less than 50% chance to convert on 4th and 5. Although I don't agree with it, both Russell and Hackett could have felt that their best chance of winning that game was to try the FG. You guys are reading into that scene your own personal narratives.

toffee

Reaction score
The first timeout was called by the Broncos, their first of the half, the 2nd by the Seahawks, their last.

The fact that Russell didn't talk with or even glance at Hackett is irrelevant. Russell might have agreed with the decision to kick the FG for completely logical reasons that have nothing to do with his choking or chickening out. Like I keep saying, it's a less than 50% chance to convert on 4th and 5. Although I don't agree with it, both Russell and Hackett could have felt that their best chance of winning that game was to try the FG. You guys are reading into that scene your own personal narratives.
Sorry, a franchise QB wanted to go for it won't avoid eye contact or avoid talking with his partner. A franchise QB trying to avoid going for it will avoid eye contact or avoid talking to his partner.

Let's agree to disagree on this one?