Cowherd: Seattle Owes Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINEster

Reaction score
Uncle Si":vwfvqy9v said:
xray":vwfvqy9v said:
Wilson is still trying to figure it out after 6 seasons. You worshipers saw his best years come and go and you're still waiting for his next big benchmark. LOL In fairness he helped get to 2 superbowls winning one,but that defense was the number one reason for those good years not Wilson,and don't forget Lynch. Wilson was along for the ride. Yes he can scramble and improvise ,but he is hardly the only QB to do that past or present. Hell ---Doug Flutie could run circles around Wilson,or Vick or RG3-Cuningham-Tarkington-Steve young? Wilson is not some unique talent. He's good at times but not gr8. He might have been better if not for Carroll coddling him and covering for him. Now he isn't coachable...I bet the new coaches are frustrated about how Wilson goes off script not to mention the OL who Wilson leaves in the dark every 3rd play. Wilson has been told so many times that he is "ALL THAT" he thinks he can carry the team....he can; right to a losing season. :irishdrinkers:

Wilson is on pace to be as good, if not better than Steve Young. Many, many Seahawks fans will take that

Ok, I do my best not to pile on to negative Wilson threads (I make my own, damn it!), but this is pushing real hard bro.

Better than a two time league MVP, SB MVP, six time NFL passer rating leader, etc?

Even if Kaepernick had Wilson's career play for play, he still wouldn't be Steve Young, so this isn't about Wilson being a Hawk. Very special QB.....if he had the fortune to have the zone-read, pistol, etc. he would have been even more lethal.

Aaron Rodgers having passed Steve Young? Maybe.

Wilson? No.

:lol: :irishdrinkers:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":kly0k16c said:
Uncle Si":kly0k16c said:
xray":kly0k16c said:
Wilson is still trying to figure it out after 6 seasons. You worshipers saw his best years come and go and you're still waiting for his next big benchmark. LOL In fairness he helped get to 2 superbowls winning one,but that defense was the number one reason for those good years not Wilson,and don't forget Lynch. Wilson was along for the ride. Yes he can scramble and improvise ,but he is hardly the only QB to do that past or present. Hell ---Doug Flutie could run circles around Wilson,or Vick or RG3-Cuningham-Tarkington-Steve young? Wilson is not some unique talent. He's good at times but not gr8. He might have been better if not for Carroll coddling him and covering for him. Now he isn't coachable...I bet the new coaches are frustrated about how Wilson goes off script not to mention the OL who Wilson leaves in the dark every 3rd play. Wilson has been told so many times that he is "ALL THAT" he thinks he can carry the team....he can; right to a losing season. :irishdrinkers:

Wilson is on pace to be as good, if not better than Steve Young. Many, many Seahawks fans will take that

Ok, I do my best not to pile on to negative Wilson threads (I make my own, damn it!), but this is pushing real hard bro.

Better than a two time league MVP, SB MVP, six time NFL passer rating leader, etc?

Even if Kaepernick had Wilson's career play for play, he still wouldn't be Steve Young, so this isn't about Wilson being a Hawk. Very special QB.....if he had the fortune to have the zone-read, pistol, etc. he would have been even more lethal.

Wilson? No.

Niner fan comes in and says, "I try not to pile on negative Wilson threads...", proceeds to pile on with very predictable take. This is unsurprising.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":101l28zp said:
Uncle Si":101l28zp said:
xray":101l28zp said:

Wilson? No.

Statistically.. he is on pace to be equal to, if not better than...

which is quite apparent in the post i made.

I'm not up for posting the stats on this anymore, but go and compare the two player's stats over their best years. They are not that dissimilar.

1994 Steve Young (won MVP): 3969 yards, 324 completions, 35 Tds, 10 Ints, 293 yards rushing, 112.8 QBR
2015 Russel Wilson: 4024, 329 completions, 34 TDs, 8 INts, 553 yards rushing, 110 QBR

and before you continue whinging about whether Russ and Young should be uttered in the same breath, understand what a compliment is being given to Young that a Hawks fan would choose him as the barometer of excellence for their current QB

Scorpion05

Reaction score
xray":150lt9gh said:

LOL that’s cute

If he had it perfectly figured out, he’d be the best QB in the league. Instead, he’s top 5. Wow, how terrible

RCATES

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1kb8mk78 said:
[youtube]pipXwXlM2yY[/youtube]

I think some may have forgotten that Russell is his own worst critic, he's got areas to improve, there's some things in his game he can't get away with anymore, but he's going to keep getting better and he's known as a leader through his work ethic, he's not the squeaky wheel. I've lost some respect for some of the players who are no longer here, we need some of that attitude/brashness/confidence on our team, all the talk isn't necessary, the talk is self promotion for the most part. Like the point about the Ravens, his point about Sherm in his first year isn't great as he didn't start immediately. I for one am ready to move on, I really like the youth movement, and I love me some Russell Wilson. I also think we're going get right against the bears on mnf.

This is where we as fans need to start coming to a realization that Russ peaked a few years back. He's been wildly inconsistent and flat out terrible in stretches. New Cord and system won't change that. Russ is short and doesn't have to vision of Bree's to climb the pocket and make throws. We had so many years of bad football here some of you are blinded by Wilson's inabilities and struggles to progress like most Qb's in his length of tenure. Wilson is a serviceable good Qb but not in any way Elite. This is going to be a ruff year for us fans. Most of you outside the major Homers will agree with me by season's end.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
and yet last season was the 2nd best statistically of his career...

Why are people who can use basic understandings of stats "Homers" or "haters?"

Is this a common fall back for those who cannot articulate their opinion without substantiating it?

or just trolling?

Seymour

Reaction score
Keep in mind you are replying to someone that personally evaluated Hassellbeck as "twice the QB" as Wilson. :roll:

Waste of time trying to use statistics, common sense, or even the eye test trying to convince otherwise.

Doesn't have the vision of Brees is another laugher....he is 1 inch taller LMAO.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":3tgcupc2 said:
Keep in mind you are replying to someone that personally evaluated Hassellbeck as "twice the QB" as Wilson. :roll:

Waste of time trying to use statistics, common sense, or even the eye test trying to convince otherwise.

I would take about any traditional standing tall in the pocket QB over Wilson right now. The league has figured him out. At least with a QB that can visually survey the field from the pocket we have a chance. If a team has the personnel to eliminate the big chunk plays that made up all of our Offense on Sunday Hawks are screwed. Making Wilson throw from the pocket and methodically move down the field will spell disaster. 4-5 wins tops this year. Bet?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":1odlj6ps said:
Seymour":1odlj6ps said:

I would take about any traditional standing tall in the pocket QB over Wilson right now. The league has figured him out. At least with a QB that can visually survey the field from the pocket we have a chance. If a team has the personnel to eliminate the big chunk plays that made up all of our Offense on Sunday Hawks are screwed. Making Wilson throw from the pocket and methodically move down the field will spell disaster. 4-5 wins tops this year. Bet?

Like they did last year?

mrt144

Reaction score
RCATES":2qlhrog1 said:
Seymour":2qlhrog1 said:

So Brock Osweiller is your hero?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3vhw6yu1 said:
You have to look at the alternatives.

Is Seattle going to replace Russ? With what?

Almost all of the #1 overall picks that were QBs are worse than Russ.

It's a fair point, but it's not going to stay that way for long. Russ can't rely on his athleticism forever. If he can't improve some fundamentals, he might become pretty mediocre.

mrt144

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1vbizg5f said:
TwistedHusky":1vbizg5f said:

It's a fair point, but it's not going to stay that way for long. Russ can't rely on his athleticism forever. If he can't improve some fundamentals, he might become pretty mediocre.

To make this full circle

How many even potentially available QBs are

1. Are not early in their rookie contract?
2. Are not likely to be extended by their respective team on a 2nd or 3rd contract circumventing free agency possibilities?
3. Would be cost equal or less than RW now and potentially in the future?
4. Are actually as good if not better than RW while not falling under consideration #2 or #3?

We're talking about potentially 1 or 2 players per season, right?

Or we draft his replacement next season which has its own qualifiers.

I hope rcates is working on a time machine because he must be the most miserable hawks fan out there.

RCATES

Reaction score
mrt144":3t7lpo29 said:
RCATES":3t7lpo29 said:
Seymour":3t7lpo29 said:

So Brock Osweiller is your hero?

What's the over/under on how many 15 yard loss drive killing sacks Wilson will take on Monday? 3-4?

RCATES

Reaction score
mrt144":2vdk3k4u said:
MontanaHawk05":2vdk3k4u said:
TwistedHusky":2vdk3k4u said:

To make this full circle

2. Are not likely to be extended by their respective team on a 2nd or 3rd contract circumventing free agency possibilities?
4. Are actually as good if not better than RW while not falling under consideration #2 or #3?

I hope rcates is working on a time machine because he must be the most miserable hawks fan out there.

I'm a club level season ticket holder. The difference between me and you is that I'm not blinded by past success. Wilson has regressed and can no longer rely on his speed which has also seemed to evaporate. There is no replacement in sight unless you do what Vikings did and sign a big name replacement like Cousins. We are basically stuck with Wilson for now. I'm just being a real on Wilson's game. Its even harder watching it in person when you see all the Wr's running wide open waiting for Wilson to bail out of the pocket so he can see.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ah, yes, Joe Flacco looked great standing tall in the pocket and throwing INTs this week :mrgreen:

mrt144

Reaction score
RCATES":355htreb said:
mrt144":355htreb said:
MontanaHawk05":355htreb said:
TwistedHusky":355htreb said:

To make this full circle

I'm a club level season ticket holder. The difference between me and you is that I'm not blinded by past success. Wilson has regressed and can no longer rely on his speed which has also seemed to evaporate. There is no replacement in sight unless you do what Vikings did and sign a big name replacement like Cousins. We are basically stuck with Wilson for now. I'm just being a real on Wilson's game. Its even harder watching it in person when you see all the Wr's running wide open waiting for Wilson to bail out of the pocket so he can see.

The difference between me and you is you are self assured in your righteousness, I'm here to discuss things and inform myself more.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Where is this "Russ has slowed down" stuff coming from? Are these simply eye-ball tests that simply get repeated? Is it his age? He's 29 years old ! Justin Gaitlin is 36 and won the world 100 meters LY (9.92). Usain Bolt just retired at 32 (he has scoliosis).

Seymour

Reaction score
TreeRon":jmq3lu0z said:
Where is this "Russ has slowed down" stuff coming from? Are these simply eye-ball tests that simply get repeated? Is it his age? He's 29 years old ! Justin Gaitlin is 36 and won the world 100 meters LY (9.92). Usain Bolt just retired at 32 (he has scoliosis).

The slowed down comes straight out of the ass and gets used because it cannot be proven otherwise. People surmise that because he was run down on a few sacks he lost his speed. Reality is, he hung in the pocket longer and lost that first early step and his jump to escape. Russell had 4.55 speed and there are linebackers that are faster than that not to mention DB's and safeties. Fact is he has always been slower than many players chasing him. :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RCATES":yl11utnn said:
mrt144":yl11utnn said:
MontanaHawk05":yl11utnn said:
TwistedHusky":yl11utnn said:

To make this full circle

So again, nothing to back up your claim except last years stats that showed he had his 2nd best year.

do you not get a good view of the game in the club level?

Status
Not open for further replies.