CMike had a....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
BadgerVid":1qmi71kb said:
SeatownJay":1qmi71kb said:
I think he's earned a chance to be on the opening day roster next season.

Except that Lynch and Rawls are both likely to be ahead of him and he isn't a great option for 3rd downs because he isn't a great blocker or receiver. So you want 4 RBs?

I doubt Lynch is here next year. Or Fred Jackson or one of our fullbacks, for that matter. There will be room.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I suspect those bagging on him are blinded a little by their preconceived ideas on Michael. Maybe I'm guilty of it in my positive grade. It just seems like no matter what he does it won't be good enough for a few on here.

camdawg

Reaction score
hawknation2015":93c8y0nc said:
Under the circumstances, I thought Michael played fairly well.

Agreed. I'm sure the weather affected blocking too, but sometimes it was downright awful.

Your clip # 2- Patrick Lewis moves very slowly, and blocks no one. Not even an encouraging push from CMike gets him to block anyone.

Clip #4-CMike was criticized for not avoiding the tackle by switching the ball to his left hand and stiff arming the guy. It would've been really nice if Chase Coffman gave anything close to effort to blocking this guy-Christine could've had another 10 yards outside the block if he did.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":hwsxj646 said:
Tech Worlds":hwsxj646 said:
I didn't think so. Seamed to me that he lacks vision. I think he left yards out there.
He was. I said over and over again as my friends and I were watching the game if only Lynch or Rawls were in....there were several runs they would have taken to the house.

The positive is he did enough to force the Vikings to respect the running game and didn't fumble. And that was in brutal weather. He's good enough to be trusted on the big stage and that's a big time especially concerning him.

Based on the GIFs above (which were the plays where he reached the second level), I don't single play where Rawls/Lynch take it to the house. A few extra yards, sure, but taking it to the house multiple times, unlikely.

Vetamur

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":dbjb2qud said:
Tech Worlds":dbjb2qud said:
I didn't think so. Seamed to me that he lacks vision. I think he left yards out there.
He was. I said over and over again as my friends and I were watching the game if only Lynch or Rawls were in....there were several runs they would have taken to the house.

The positive is he did enough to force the Vikings to respect the running game and didn't fumble. And that was in brutal weather. He's good enough to be trusted on the big stage and that's a big time especially concerning him.

I agree with this.. he left some plays / yards out there...but he was good enough, and thats what we need next week if Lynch doesnt play... which seems very likely. I had the impression PC felt "burned" by Lynch this week.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
camdawg":3gnrf6ln said:
........Your clip # 2- Patrick Lewis moves very slowly, and blocks no one. Not even an encouraging push from CMike gets him to block anyone........
Lewis is a below average NFL Center and gets his butt kicked by really good NTs like Donald and Joseph. Yes, to us he looks alright cuz Nowak was pretty awful, but IMO this team badly needs a quality Center to help give RW that pocket we all want to see him step up into.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I agree the center need is big. Even more so if sweezy and Okung leave.

CMike needs to work with the 1s the majority of the time. Lynch can't be counted on and he is a Veteran that knows the OL better

CalboHawk

Reaction score
CMike is finally reading his keys correctly and showing the discipline to run the plays as called. It seems that for now Cable prefers CMike to prove that he can be trusted to know and follow the scheme, protect the ball and show the willingness to work for the tough yards for the sake of scheme discipline and ball protection. Maybe this is part of what PC meant when he said that CMike is looking like a professional running back.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
CMike had a....hell of a game considering the circumstances. Projected over 16 games, he would rack up 1140 yards. That beats out all of Marshwan's seasons except for the 2011-2014 (1,306 1,257 1,590 1,240 yds) period.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The team obviously has faith in him because I never saw Bryce Brown in the game. He almost doubled the production of AP and has been mentioned he didn't fumble! A fumble at any point would have killed us. Christine Michael had a great game in my opinion considering he was unemployed a couple of weeks ago!