CMike had a....

chris98251

Reaction score
He's not a power runner and as stated doesn't have the constant leg drive and choppy steps once he makes contact, he's a slash runner, why he shouldn't run sideways either, give him a 7 yd deep set up and a one cut and run and he is lights out, can't ask him to run like Lynch and Rawls who have similar styles.

davidonmi

Reaction score
meh, he got what was there. most of the running success was due to the Oline

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1eu3fezs said:
SeatownJay":1eu3fezs said:
I think he's earned a chance to be on the opening day roster next season.

No.

I think he has earned the chance to compete for a roster spot during training camp next season.
The training camp competition would be his chance to be on the opening day roster. That's my point.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
SeatownJay":13nnf4wp said:
I think he's earned a chance to be on the opening day roster next season.

Except that Lynch and Rawls are both likely to be ahead of him and he isn't a great option for 3rd downs because he isn't a great blocker or receiver. So you want 4 RBs?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
edogg23":3as4qbgr said:
Every player looked slower out there today, especially in making cuts in that weather. I thought he did pretty damn good considering he outran Peterson and didn't fumble.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what others are basing they're grades on or maybe were expecting. I thought he played at very least, as good as the rest of the offense that was pretty limited by the weather and he didn't fumble even once where I would have put money on that happening pregame.

Overall and compared to what every other player on either side of the ball did, I have nothing to complain about regarding Michael's performance today.

On a day where no player on either team looked stellar, he looked OK. Kind of seems like the weather had a little affect on everyone's performance today but at lest he didn't give us something to complain about. I bet AP wished he could say the same.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":2ygq5e6m said:
Lynch would have gotten 100 easily with the cutback lanes that were out there for the taking.

That said, Michael had a few nice runs and turned a couple of negative plays into positive ones. And he didn't fumble. Seemed like Michael was focused on not screwing up and left some yards on the field as a result. When he no longer feels like he's one mistake from being out of the league, he'll loosen up and look better.

For one game, it was good enough.
Well said and I agree.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Everyone in the Wilson thread shrugs off his plays to -8 weather. CMike has a solid outing (1120 yards over 16 games averaging what he did today) and people are annoyed.

What offensive player had a better game?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Under the circumstances, I thought Michael played fairly well.

DismalHotInganue.gif

WarlikeSlimyAfricanmolesnake.gif

UnfinishedMarvelousJuliabutterfly

AmbitiousWildHoatzin.gif

ShinyPositiveChinchilla.gif

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1u4sbe22 said:
I didn't think so. Seamed to me that he lacks vision. I think he left yards out there.
He was. I said over and over again as my friends and I were watching the game if only Lynch or Rawls were in....there were several runs they would have taken to the house.

The positive is he did enough to force the Vikings to respect the running game and didn't fumble. And that was in brutal weather. He's good enough to be trusted on the big stage and that's a big time especially concerning him.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1e836s7x said:
Tech Worlds":1e836s7x said:
I didn't think so. Seamed to me that he lacks vision. I think he left yards out there.
He was. I said over and over again as my friends and I were watching the game if only Lynch or Rawls were in....there were several runs they would have taken to the house.

The positive is he did enough to force the Vikings to respect the running game and didn't fumble. And that was in brutal weather. He's good enough to be trusted on the big stage and that's a big time improvement concerning him.

Vision is something Michael continues to develop and improve upon.

This play was kind of sad. Had he been able to switch hands with the football, he might have given the defender a stiff arm to gain more yards.
AmbitiousWildHoatzin.gif

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2015":c23gu79a said:
MizzouHawkGal":c23gu79a said:
Tech Worlds":c23gu79a said:

The positive is he did enough to force the Vikings to respect the running game and didn't fumble. And that was in brutal weather. He's good enough to be trusted on the big stage and that's a big time improvement concerning him.

Vision is something Michael continues to develop and improve upon.

This play was kind of sad. Had he been able to switch hands with the football, he might have given the defender a stiff arm to gain more yards.
AmbitiousWildHoatzin.gif

Instead he went down easily, like it was Kam tackling me.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
C-Mike played well. Those complaining already don't like him and it skews your perspective a bit. I do the same myself at times.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3dqbo8pd said:
C-Mike played well. Those complaining already don't like him and it skews your perspective a bit. I do the same myself at times.

This

Proof-RW thread from same game

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
There wasn't much out there for anyone today and we're complaining about the player who had the best individual performance on offense on either team that wasn't a QB.....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":zrzsz2si said:
Lynch would have gotten 100 easily with the cutback lanes that were out there for the taking.
Agreed.

... HE DIDN'T FUMBLE. Focused on not screwing up; when he no longer feels like he's one mistake from being out of the league, he'll loosen up and look better.

My thoughts exactly. One step at a time. Keeping the ball was the most important thing for those conditions AND very important for his career. Let him keep concentrating on his Achilles heel, and let the coaches spoon feed the cutback opportunities during film sessions. The last thing I wanted see in that game was him pressing and losing the ball to a team that was doing very well keeping us off the field.

Oh, and there is that small item somebody else mentioned. He outrushed Mr. Cutback (AP) with less carries, but let's all lament about what he left on the field. He wasn't exactly lined up against chopped liver, and that type of wx favors D in a big way. Not so sure I'd use Marshawn as a measuring stick either, since he has such an usual running style.

For one game, it was good enough.

You bet!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I suspect he didn't get any time with the 1s. He took what was there. Don't expect him to look like lynch. He looks a lot more like Shaun Alexander as far as style. did well blocking.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":25x43m1a said:
There wasn't much out there for anyone today and we're complaining about the player who had the best individual performance on offense on either team that wasn't a QB.....

Some peeps just got to pick things apart, which is OK I suppose. What makes me laugh is how some guys can't be happy with his very solid performance on a day where it really mattered. I was dreading his ball handling in cold weather, but he didn't put in on the ground once. On the offensive side of the ball, he was probably the most consistent player today.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":13lttwyw said:
LawlessHawk":13lttwyw said:

Some peeps just got to pick things apart, which is OK I suppose. What makes me laugh is how some guys can't be happy with his very solid performance on a day where it really mattered. I was dreading his ball handling in cold weather, but he didn't put in on the ground once. On the offensive side of the ball, he was probably the most consistent player today.

I don't see where the OP asked anybody to be 'sold' on him as some sort of 'answer.' This is just dealing with this game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":p3amcepu said:

Further, I don't get the 'not sold on him yet' responses from to a thread that's only addressing his performance in this game.

sutz

Reaction score
decent game today. I'll give him a solid "B" considering the circumstances. Yes, some things to criticize and I'm sure the coaches and his buddies will point those out in film study. But he played with some fire and I agree with what was said above that he left some yards out there because he was so focused on hanging on to the rock. As a result, he's not sitting around thinking about the one he dropped that cost his team the game, unlike the pro bowl RB from the other team, that tried just a little too hard one time and got burned for it.

Without AP's fumble, we might not have won. If CM had fumbled, I suspect we might have lost. When the outcome is that close, one or two plays make the difference. Thankfully, CM didn't add any major negative plays.