CMike had a....

Smellyman

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3fdo5rws said:
RussB":3fdo5rws said:
How many yards did he have?
70 yards on 21 carries.

He had seemingly so many holes where he just runs into blockers butts.

I seriously think Rawls doubles that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smellyman":3dr7kyna said:
SeatownJay":3dr7kyna said:
RussB":3dr7kyna said:
How many yards did he have?
70 yards on 21 carries.

He had seemingly so many holes where he just runs into blockers butts.

I seriously think Rawls doubles that.

Agreed...

So he had a good game, but could have been so much better

getnasty

Reaction score
kearly":2amw953b said:
Lynch would have gotten 100 easily with the cutback lanes that were out there for the taking.

That said, Michael had a few nice runs and turned a couple of negative plays into positive ones. And he didn't fumble. Seemed like Michael was focused on not screwing up and left some yards on the field as a result. When he no longer feels like he's one mistake from being out of the league, he'll loosen up and look better.

For one game, it was good enough.

This is what I thought, he was so focused on ball security that it slowed him down, I swear he ran the whole game with two hands on the ball.

Ruminator

Reaction score
kearly":1coap3fr said:
Lynch would have gotten 100 easily with the cutback lanes that were out there for the taking.

That said, Michael had a few nice runs and turned a couple of negative plays into positive ones. And he didn't fumble. Seemed like Michael was focused on not screwing up and left some yards on the field as a result. When he no longer feels like he's one mistake from being out of the league, he'll loosen up and look better.

For one game, it was good enough.

Yeah that's what I thought watching this offense -- a mostly healthy Lynch would definitely have bulldozed for 90+ yards (and probably caught a couple passes for another handful or two of yards). Considering how the Vikings' defense often attempted to clog up the obvious running lanes in much the same way the Seahawks' D clogged AP's lanes, I was pleased with CM's concentration and effort. And was glad my fears of him trying too hard because it's a playoff game were unfounded.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
I only recall one 'he shoulda' moment-he was running at a left cb and he tried to run around and I wanted CMike to just truck him. What did all you guys see?

OpHawk

Reaction score
I'll take the guy that was there vs the guy that wasn't

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He was fine. About you'd hope from a third string RB in a big game.

However, if Seattle is going to sustain this run, they need another playmaker and they're not really getting that from Michael. Russ, Doug and Lock can't just carry this thing forever; don't care how good the playcalling or QB play is. Going to need at least one more guy to step up to take the pressure off. You'd hope that Marshawn could be that guy again, at least one last time.

SauceTownHawk

Reaction score
The 2nd and 5 where he slipped and could have easily picked up 5 to seal the game is what sticks out to me. He's not somebody that will take over a game. Hopefully lynch is back next weekend

Ozzy

Reaction score
I thought he played very well considering the conditions. He left some yards at times but also had a couple of runs unique to his skill set where he got more than most would get with his low center of gravity. He played about as well as any offensive player did today.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":33gxsxlb said:
I thought he played very well considering the conditions. He left some yards at times but also had a couple of runs unique to his skill set where he got more than most would get with his low center of gravity. He played about as well as any offensive player did today.
I'll agree with this but wonder if he would have had all the reps in practice instead of Beast,how much better he would have done.That said 2 games for CM and he hasn't done anything that says he cannot play.I feel like he can be a factor going forward but he needs reps to keep getting better.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He lacks a bit of leg drive at the point of contact. He stops his feet and gets turned backward too easy.

But he didn't fumble, and in these conditions against a good defense that is worth a lot.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Can't disagree with anything you've said Indy.

nanomoz

Reaction score

edogg23

Reaction score
Every player looked slower out there today, especially in making cuts in that weather. I thought he did pretty damn good considering he outran Peterson and didn't fumble.

renofox

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that, once the Seahawks took the lead, he was consistently running into 8 and 9-man boxes and still getting positive yardage?

12thbrah

Reaction score
C-Mike played awesome I thought. Those last few possessions though when we were trying to run out the clock with him I was on pins and needles. Was pretty sure he was gonna put the ball on the ground.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeatownJay":zc9p6cqj said:
I think he's earned a chance to be on the opening day roster next season.

No.

I think he has earned the chance to compete for a roster spot during training camp next season.