Changes at the Clink

Largent80

Reaction score
Glad to see them put the incredibly priced tickets to good use. Also to me, they are cutting a lot of revenue with $12 beers the norm.

RockHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1lyp25vf said:
Seaswab":1lyp25vf said:
The attachment to Bittersweet Symphony is mind boggling to me. So dumb.

With my Seahawks employed relative, years ago I tried to push this idea (based on thoughts from this board around 2006)

He sternly looked me in the eyes and told me "That will not EVER happen", that there is no changing it and that it is a big deal that it remains. That was 8 years ago, a coaching change, 2 QB changes and generally entire different team that it has lasted.

See Allen, Paul

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that stadium-wide Wi-Fi wasn't integrated back when Qwest was the naming sponsor. Either way, CenturyLink really has no excuse. Why should a new sponsor have to provide this? Is it a matter of logistics?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to see some serious food improvement and lines of course being reduced via seat ordering using technology. I don't understand why the organization won't feed us longtime diehards a bone by bringing out the retro uniforms for a game or two here and there. My suspicion is Mr. Allen doesn't want to see them.

Barf on Bittersweet Symphony but I can live with it. Like a smelly, old shoe, it's still comfortable.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Does Paul Allen really need to sell more parking lot space to condo developers for profit? :(

I mean, seriously........

In any case, many good things listed there.

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32ignvu4 said:
Does Paul Allen really need to sell more parking lot space to condo developers for profit? :(

I mean, seriously........

In any case, many good things listed there.
Are you joking?

Seaswab

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1mg0eoeg said:
CALIHAWK1":1mg0eoeg said:
Are you joking?
Is it a public parking lot? I thought it was part of the CLink's grounds. Apparently not.

the county owned it and sold it to be developed.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The stadium authority owns half of the parking lot and the city or county (I forget which) owns the other half. They've been itching to put up condos or apartments on that property for years. Fortunately, they don't own the whole parking lot or I have no doubt they would have developed it all.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ah, no wonder; damn. Seattle, I hate you sometimes. I wonder if they even offered to let Paul Allen buy it at a premium so he could do with it what he wanted?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
paul allen invested some money in the clink but i dont' think he technically owns any of it either.

Subzero717

Reaction score
First and goal operates it but its owned by the state. I remember reading (I believe here) that the condos were negotiated as part of another deal. Besides who pays for stadium parking? Its ridiculous. If they want to build condos that obstruct the view of condos, more power to them.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":3t72nymc said:
I would like to see some serious food improvement and lines of course being reduced via seat ordering using technology. I don't understand why the organization won't feed us longtime diehards a bone by bringing out the retro uniforms for a game or two here and there. My suspicion is Mr. Allen doesn't want to see them.

Barf on Bittersweet Symphony but I can live with it. Like a smelly, old shoe, it's still comfortable.

My suspicion is the contract with NIKE and having completely redesigned uniforms. I bet we cant even do throwbacks for a certain amount of years regardless of what Allen wants.

Also, I would like to know exactly who Bittersweet Symphony is for. He makes it sound like their doing it for this passionate groups of fans. And I dont know who they are...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seaswab":18e8ml0s said:
The attachment to Bittersweet Symphony is mind boggling to me. So dumb.
Agreed, this is football not badminton! It's such a wussy song!

chris98251

Reaction score
What cracks me up is that people are more worried about a song that obviously Paul likes, I would be more upset that we are drifting from the 12th Man to the 12's, yes it is being done subtley, no fanfare anything. But I think it has more to do with the new fees that Texas A & M I think is the college wants to impose. They will keep upping them, the more we are successful the higher they will push the fees.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally I like the move to "12s". The 12th Man doesn't speak of the female fans (outright) and while we all get it, that it is implied by being a fan, just saying "12" not only makes it our own, but is non-gender specific as well.

So Texas A&M can stop their crying and we can move forward with a phrase that says it all without having to say anything more than a number.

Ya feel me my fellow 12's?

Cartire

Reaction score
chris98251":4xi8ibvn said:
What cracks me up is that people are more worried about a song that obviously Paul likes, I would be more upset that we are drifting from the 12th Man to the 12's, yes it is being done subtley, no fanfare anything. But I think it has more to do with the new fees that Texas A & M I think is the college wants to impose. They will keep upping them, the more we are successful the higher they will push the fees.

Its all a little fishy to me still. I really think this case could be won in court by us, no problem. But for some reason, we dont seem to want to fight it.