Look to the future, bench them now.

renofox

Reaction score
Geno
Adams
Diggs

Use Lock and snatch some practice squad safeties - it's not like we'll see a huge drop-off in the level of play.

All these guys have huge contracts next year and all MUST be released. If they are injured in these last 4 games, the Seahawks will be on the hook for all or part of their salaries.

Cap is tight enough is it is, and cap $ is a severe need to actually start rebuilding this team. Sit them all or they could keep draining cap into the future.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The problem is they’ve dug a hole because they traded away draft capitol and while they have a talented roster many of those spots will need to be cleared out for financial reasons. It’s possible this gets worse before it gets better no matter who’s coaching

evergreen

Reaction score
I like it. Play guys who might get better. These guys aren’t going to get better.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Adams should be cut tomorrow...hes one of the worst players on this team..
I wish, but they don't have the cap to cut him. Lots of dead money to account for. The League would nix it.

knownone

Reaction score
We're a half-game back from a WC spot. Benching any of these guys right now seems silly, with four games remaining.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
We're a half-game back from a WC spot. Benching any of these guys right now seems silly, with four games remaining.
Even if you believe, as I do, that the replacements would perform at an equal or greater level than the benchees?

cymatica

Reaction score
Do you honestly think this team is going on any sort of run this year?

knownone

Reaction score
Even if you believe, as I do, that the replacements would perform at an equal or greater level than the benchees?
Sure. But I don't believe there is evidence that supports that position. The Seahawks don't even have a backup FS with Reed injured.

Do you honestly think this team is going on any sort of run this year?
It doesn't matter what I think. You don't close the door on opportunity.

Bobblehead

Reaction score

Fudwamper

Reaction score
This team is done.

We will not have a viable team until 2026. 2024 has to much wasted money in bad contracts. Gut the bloated contracts and start over with a new culture and new head coach. Spend 2025 with draft picks and developing players and culture. Hopefully by 2026 we have a competitive fiery team.

The whole organization needs to be revamped and A new Identity needs to be formed.