Can a coach be ejected?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Pak40.":1a142q8b said:
Seanhawk":1a142q8b said:
Pak40.":1a142q8b said:
That was the smartest play of the game. That gave them enough time to decide they needed to review the TD.

Ridiculous. They would have reviewed that no matter what and if they wanted to give them more time they could have either (a) taken a timeout (they had one left) or (b) taken a delay of game (another 5 yards would have made no difference in a FG at that distance in perfect conditions).

They would not have reviewed it. It was ruled incomplete. They only automatically review scoring plays.

If they weren't going to review it, why then did they review it? All reviews come from the booth under 2 minutes.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Harbs is a complete psychopath on the sideline. One of those things that you truly have to be a fan of the team to enjoy, all the while obviously knowing that it's a total embarrassment. I'm sure that as he eventually stops winning (as every coach does) it will bother 9ers fans, but three NFC championship games in three years of professional coaching basically excuses all among a fanbase. His antics are basically indefensible, though. It's just crazy.

By far the funniest, most ridiculous moment of that game was Boldin* of all people telling Harbaugh he needed to calm down. :lol:

*Boldin -- like Steve Smith, Tate, Sherman, etc. -- just acts like a maniac way too frequently between plays (and should have been flagged for it in the Panthers game IMO, as he actually made contact with an opponent while doing all his regular screaming and gesticulating. Was watching with my friend and I turned to him and said "the craziest part about this is he's in his mid 30s. He's our age. A young guy I understand, but he's middle aged and is still a total maniac.")

homerun1970

Reaction score
As a Seahawks fan Harbaugh makes for great memes but man its time someone tells him to grow the hell up. The fact that he gets away with a lot of his behavior is unreal, screaming at refs etc. I'm biased but fine the hell out of him until he learns to act like a professional instead of being a brat.

Marvin49

Reaction score
homerun1970":1i3xgbd7 said:

How bout being on the field when the balls in play?

Happens all the time. As I recall reading Carroll was on the field during Lynchs TD run. Pretty normal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1rpetd9w said:
Pak40.":1rpetd9w said:
Seanhawk":1rpetd9w said:
Pak40.":1rpetd9w said:
That was the smartest play of the game. That gave them enough time to decide they needed to review the TD.

Ridiculous. They would have reviewed that no matter what and if they wanted to give them more time they could have either (a) taken a timeout (they had one left) or (b) taken a delay of game (another 5 yards would have made no difference in a FG at that distance in perfect conditions).

They would not have reviewed it. It was ruled incomplete. They only automatically review scoring plays.

If they weren't going to review it, why then did they review it? All reviews come from the booth under 2 minutes.

I thin he means there weren't AUTOMATICALLY going to review it. Its a judgement call by the booth on a non scoring play. It probably would have been reviewed anyway tho.

Again...that wasn't why Harbaugh was talking to the official. Harbaughs issue was the clock ticking down AFTER the incompletion. Hate him for being so animated, but it had nothing to do with the play...just the ticking clock.

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for him to pull a Kubiak :twisted:
[youtube]WY3ByY38QNg[/youtube]

...is that bad?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":xhg9o76n said:
homerun1970":xhg9o76n said:

How bout being on the field when the balls in play?

Happens all the time. As I recall reading Carroll was on the field during Lynchs TD run. Pretty normal.

He was. Harbs is a maniac on the sideline for sure, but on this point it's pure fishing expedition.

lynch5.jpg

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol I know the picture is suppose to show pete on the field... The saints players face is priceless though, has that "oh god not again" look.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think the only way Harbaugh gets ejected is if he slugged the ref, which would be HILARIOUS!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TriCHawk":i1czhv1q said:
I think the only way Harbaugh gets ejected is if he slugged the ref, which would be HILARIOUS!

:lol:

As a hypothetical, let's say you heard an NFL coach got ejected for slugging a ref, but you didn't know which one it was. How much money would you put on Harbaugh? Sadly, I'd probably go $100 bucks, even money. :D

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1kx85rw3 said:
TriCHawk":1kx85rw3 said:

As a hypothetical, let's say you heard an NFL coach got ejected for slugging a ref, but you didn't know which one it was. How much money would you put on Harbaugh? Sadly, I'd probably go $100 bucks, even money. :D

I'd double down that he prefaced said punch with "You wanna throw a flag like that, you better come with some knuckles."

TriCHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":fn5lc30h said:
Popeyejones":fn5lc30h said:
TriCHawk":fn5lc30h said:

I'd double down that he prefaced said punch with "You wanna throw a flag like that, you better come with some knuckles."

Hahahaha - That would be the greatest thing ever!

Popeye - I would totally bet on Harbaugh. I can't think of a more emotionally out-of-control coach out there.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1nhe6ghr said:
Andy Reid and Mitch Levy both accomplished this without practicing ice skating moves on the sideline. I cannot even imagine the hell his parents went through with him as a child.
The KJR 950 sports talk host that's a closet Dolphins fan?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I meant Marvin. I had a feeling that I wrote Mitch, but never had time to return and correct the error.