Lock can be as good as Geno

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think if he gets 1st team reps for a few weeks he'll be about the same as Geno with a little possible upside.

But we can season him a little for the rest of the season and sign him for about ~1/4 of what we're going to pay Geno next year.

Release Geno and draft a 1st round rookie to compete. That would help this team progress.
This.

I don't hate Geno Smith, yet I don't think a healthy Geno would've had much if any better results. We
The team deserves to move to vacant Oakland, if they keep Pete another season. First off, sell the team to someone with balls enough to pull the trigger, then PULL IT. Ooops, was that sexist? Girls can have the cojones too. That is common knowledge.
Jody Allen doesn't have balls !!

CPHawk

Reaction score
Neither qb is a quality nfl starting qb. Both are good enough to win 9-10 games and lose in the first round. That’s pretty much their ceiling

nwHawk

Reaction score
You're right. I'm not being derisive toward Lock, though - just saying that I don't think he'll eclipse Geno's admittedly improbable ascendance.
Possibly, but considering where each other are at this point and that Drew is 6 years younger I think would take Lock.

If the consensus is Geno won’t win a SuperBBowl, taking Drew for a test drive would be wise. The big question is does Geno warrant a contract beyond this season.

This season is over. Let the auditions start. Plenty of spots should be up for grabs.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Possibly, but considering where each other are at this point and that Drew is 6 years younger I think would take Lock.

If the consensus is Geno won’t win a SuperBBowl, taking Drew for a test drive would be wise. The big question is does Geno warrant a contract beyond this season.

This season is over. Let the auditions start. Plenty of spots should be up for grabs.
It's not officially over. Not yet. Can't give up from their perspective.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I hear you, but this season is over. Circling the drain, and I’m a realist that tends to be optimistic.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
But s it giving up if you believe Lock will outperform Geno?
I think in their estimation it would be. I don't think Lock would outperform Geno in most ways, and I don't think the team does either. Not that he's horrible or anything, just that Geno has proven himself capable and was getting in a big groove prior to injury. That Dallas game was one of the best quarterbacked games of the season league-wide by a non-stalwart QB.

Who knows how the locker room feels, though? I can only guess.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This.

I don't hate Geno Smith, yet I don't think a healthy Geno would've had much if any better results. We

Jody Allen doesn't have balls !!
She doesn't but she made a name for herself at Vulcan grabbing crotch from bodyguards and employees. So she is intimately aware where and what they are. Seriously, Balls used in place of guts, gumption, and the drive to excel. That is the way I meant it, and poking a joke with the usage of the testicle slang.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pete is a football politics master.

He will draft a QB, proceed to not start him, keep Geno. To string things along another 2 years.

Meanwhile, he'll sweet talk Judy into giving him another extension after next season as to not be a lame duck.

Welcome to Pete's Purgatory! On the road to no where!
No, Where?
This POST sounds like More Defeatists CRAP.

morgulon1

Reaction score
She doesn't but she made a name for herself at Vulcan grabbing crotch from bodyguards and employees. So she is intimately aware where and what they are. Seriously, Balls used in place of guts, gumption, and the drive to excel. That is the way I meant it, and poking a joke with the usage of the testicle slang.
That's a great post

Rosco

Reaction score
I think in their estimation it would be. I don't think Lock would outperform Geno in most ways, and I don't think the team does either. Not that he's horrible or anything, just that Geno has proven himself capable and was getting in a big groove prior to injury. That Dallas game was one of the best quarterbacked games of the season league-wide by a non-stalwart QB.

Who knows how the locker room feels, though? I can only guess.
What groove? 4 straight losses isn’t a good groove.