Lock can be as good as Geno

James in PA

Reaction score
Certainly with more games under him he can. Today showed me that Lock has potential to be decent. I think he actually has a slightly higher ceiling than Geno. That said, he'll never be the guy. Sadly, our QBOTF is currently not on the roster.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Yeah, he needs to be better than Geno to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL, by a country mile.

I can see it now. Pete's gonna let another draft pass without a QBOTF, settle for Lock, and squander another season. He really will deserve firing if he does that.

strohmin

Reaction score
Yeah, he needs to be better than Geno to win a Super Bowl in today's NFL, by a country mile.

I can see it now. Pete's gonna let another draft pass without a QBOTF, settle for Lock, and squander another season. He really will deserve firing if he does that.
lol as if he hasnt warranted one untill this point

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

But you already KNOW Pete doesn't have the guts to draft a QB, unless it's a late round prospect.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
One thing that I did like Lock over Geno was his ability to roll out of pressure and get rid of it or run out of bounds. At the rate Geno is playing this season it seems like Lock could at least match his play. It's the turnovers, eliminating the int's for both QB's.

Might as well give the guy a shot for the rest of the season, clear up any debate about if he can be serviceable or not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I think Lock can be better at some things than Geno, and possibly become comparable overall - but I don't think he'll ever be better than Geno has been in the past two years.

renofox

Reaction score
I think if he gets 1st team reps for a few weeks he'll be about the same as Geno with a little possible upside.

But we can season him a little for the rest of the season and sign him for about ~1/4 of what we're going to pay Geno next year.

Release Geno and draft a 1st round rookie to compete. That would help this team progress.

strohmin

Reaction score
I think Lock can be better at some things than Geno, and possibly become comparable overall - but I don't think he'll ever be better than Geno has been in the past two years.
Noone thought Geno would be good last year until he was given another chance.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Noone thought Geno would be good last year until he was given another chance.
You're right. I'm not being derisive toward Lock, though - just saying that I don't think he'll eclipse Geno's admittedly improbable ascendance.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
How about changing up game plans ultimately? TE’s in the backfield, using TE’s in general.

hawker84

Reaction score
Certainly with more games under him he can. Today showed me that Lock has potential to be decent. I think he actually has a slightly higher ceiling than Geno. That said, he'll never be the guy. Sadly, our QBOTF is currently not on the roster.
He had plenty of games in Denver, and looked much worse than Geno has here.

BroncoTed30

May as well be DonkoSpurt
Reaction score
Yeah Lock looks great! You guys should keep starting him!!! It was bad enough when we traded those picks, but then we tossed in Lock into that deal??? WTF were we thinking!!!?! Man did we get fleeced!!!

Rat

Reaction score
Lock was fine given the opponent and lack of meaningful playing time. If both he and Geno played an entire season with the same teammates, I think both are 8-9 +/- 1 game. I'm OK with either being the backup, but neither have done anything to warrant putting off the search for our QBOTF any longer.

knownone

Reaction score
It's hard to evaluate Lock with limited preparation against a good team. He looked decent today. It's too early to tell whether he can be as good as Geno.

jeremiah

Reaction score

The team deserves to move to vacant Oakland, if they keep Pete another season. First off, sell the team to someone with balls enough to pull the trigger, then PULL IT. Ooops, was that sexist? Girls can have the cojones too. That is common knowledge.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah Lock looks great! You guys should keep starting him!!! It was bad enough when we traded those picks, but then we tossed in Lock into that deal??? WTF were we thinking!!!?! Man did we get fleeced!!!

Lol. You won today. Seattle did not. Hint - your team is better than Seattle right now.

Fade

Reaction score

Pete is a football politics master.

He will draft a QB, proceed to not start him, keep Geno. To string things along another 2 years.

Meanwhile, he'll sweet talk Judy into giving him another extension after next season as to not be a lame duck.

Welcome to Pete's Purgatory! On the road to no where!